Will the Raiders be pushovers?

1) Most of this Raider team weren't even there in 2001. And I doubt Janikowski has enough pull in the locker room to make these guys remember.

2) There's alot of disarray in that franchise and most players there are so fed up, they are just playing to earn a paycheck and nothing else(see how they played this past Thursday). If we don't win this game, it would speak volumes about our own squad and it's chances for even reaching the playoffs.

And after reading that article, it pretty much confirms what I said. I'd be pretty shocked if that game is close and Cassel, Faulk, Jordan and Moss don't explode on that hapless team.

I actually expect the Pats D to use this game "tune up" for the following games. Hell, I expect the practice squad to put up a better fight this week than the Raiders.

With the amount of injuries we're suffering, I think it'll be a close game to be honest. But it shouldn't be and it saddens me that I have to be worried about playing the Raiders (who are truthfully a franchise in disarray).

With the amount of injuries we're suffering, I think it'll be a close game to be honest. But it shouldn't be and it saddens me that I have to be worried about playing the Raiders (who are truthfully a franchise in disarray).
Even with the M*A*S*H unit we have, I still think we should be able to win by at least 14 points, and that's being modest.

I will say this though. If Russell or Walter have more than 250 passing yards against us, our entire secondary should be released on the spot. If there was ever a game for the Stiff Squad of Hobbs/O'Neal/Wilhite to have 2 or more INTs between them it's this one.

By winning this game and, hopefully, the Jets losing one more in the division, that puts us in the lead in the AFC East since it would come down to the 3rd tie-breaker(record against common opponents).

And after reading that article, it pretty much confirms what I said. I'd be pretty shocked if that game is close and Cassel, Faulk, Jordan and Moss don't explode on that hapless team.

I actually expect the Pats D to use this game "tune up" for the following games. Hell, I expect the practice squad to put up a better fight this week than the Raiders.

I feel that all these injuries the Pats have suffered this season will again be made apparent this Sunday. I expect the Pats to win, but I don't think it'll be pretty. Teams still show up to play the Pats like they're prepared to make a statement. Look at how Seattle played. The Jets, Miami......

I feel that all these injuries the Pats have suffered this season will again be made apparent this Sunday. I expect the Pats to win, but I don't think it'll be pretty. Teams still show up to play the Pats like they're prepared to make a statement. Look at how Seattle played. The Jets, Miami......
Seattle is a MUCH better team than their 2-11 record indicates. They don't give up at all in any matchup and only have such a bad record because they have had some VERY bad injuries. Can't attribute that record for lack of trying.

Jets and Miami are in a division hunt. You should EXPECT them to play hard in every game.

Sorry, but the Raiders simply do not fall into the same category as these guys. They had a shot to try and keep some competitiveness IN THEIR OWN DIVISION this past Thursday against the underperforming Chargers and they simply laid down and let the NORV TURNER-LED Chargers walk all over them. Just think about that for a second.

If they can't bring their A game to a key divisional match up(especially against a Chargers squad that has been horribly underachieving all season long), then how in the hell could they motivate themselves against an out-of-division opponent that poses no direct threat to anything they are supposed to be vying for?

Like I said, I'd be surprised if this game were close.

And the reason why I say this is because I BELIEVE this Raider team SHOULD have a better record than what they have based on the talent on their roster. This team should've been in the 8-8 or 7-9 range and not "fighting" for a Top 5 draft pick.

The fact that they aren't even going to sniff one of those records is enough evidence for me to believe that they simply aren't going to try against us.

When you discuss the Patriots, you really should be discussing a Tale of Two Teams.

On the offensive side of the ball, they really have no excuses. They've had some O-line instability, but Cassel has stepped in admirably for Brady and the RBs are probably better without Maroney. They've had all the WRs available for the most part. They really have no excuse to not score points.

On the defensive side of the ball, with all the injuries, I think this team could give up 28 to B.C. High. :shrug: No indictment of the players that are there, or even the coaches (although I think the defensive coaches are underachieving). They just don't have the horses.

So, to sum, they should easily hang up 24 to 28 on Oakland, even on the road. The question is: how much will the defense give up?

A key for the Pats is special teams. With a D that sucks, they cannot afford to give up a ST touchdown, or even let the opposing offense start at midfield. They just can't.

"A key for the Pats is special teams. With a D that sucks, they cannot afford to give up a ST touchdown, or even let the opposing offense start at midfield. They just can't."

And JD, ST for the Pats ain't nuthin' special! :mad:

These guys just do not block for Sh1t! Too many missed tackles too!

I know, I sound like a whiny L'il bitch. :doh:

When you discuss the Patriots, you really should be discussing a Tale of Two Teams.

On the offensive side of the ball, they really have no excuses. They've had some O-line instability, but Cassel has stepped in admirably for Brady and the RBs are probably better without Maroney. They've had all the WRs available for the most part. They really have no excuse to not score points.

On the defensive side of the ball, with all the injuries, I think this team could give up 28 to B.C. High. :shrug: No indictment of the players that are there, or even the coaches (although I think the defensive coaches are underachieving). They just don't have the horses.

So, to sum, they should easily hang up 24 to 28 on Oakland, even on the road. The question is: how much will the defense give up?

A key for the Pats is special teams. With a D that sucks, they cannot afford to give up a ST touchdown, or even let the opposing offense start at midfield. They just can't.
Again, if Russel or Walter throw for 250 or more passing yard, there better be mass releases afterwards. The level of suckitude the Raiders have at QB is truly THAT bad.

Again, if Russel or Walter throw for 250 or more passing yard, there better be mass releases afterwards. The level of suckitude the Raiders have at QB is truly THAT bad.

Dude.

I know you don't get the games over there a lot, so let me make it clear.

THE

PATS

HAVE

NO

FRIGGIN'

PLAYERS!!!

The defense DOES suck! There's no one left on it! I'd be surprised if this team as it currently stands is able to hold the Cardinals under 30. That would be, like, a major achievement.

As others have stated, with a defense made up of back-ups, a few starters and guys who were surfing or changing diapers 9 or less days ago, no one is a pushover.

The Pats just gotten taken to the mat by a team with only two wins and a QB that they normally would have thoroughly confused.

Every game is winnable, and every game is losable.

Welcome to 2008, the year when we really have absolutely no clue what's gonna happen in any given game, the Pats have been thorougly blown out THREE times and they could end up going 11-5 and still missing the playoffs. In other words, welcome to Bizarro Year, and in Bizzarro year, the Pats could actually lose to the Raidiz. I don't think they will, but damn, how could ANY result surprise anyone after the epic struggle to beat the Seahawks?

A little perception as to how the Seahawks compare to the Raiders

The Seahawks are averaging 18.3 PF to 25.8 PA. That means they are losing by an average of a TD, which means they play their games fairly close and, once again, that their 2-11 record is not as accurate as how they play on the field.

The Raiders, on the other hand, are averaging 13.8 PF to 23 PA. They are losing by an average of 10 points per game. Worse yet, if that PF indicates what I think it does, the Raiders only manages around ONE TOUCHDOWN PER GAME, while the Seahawks seem to get at least 2 with a FG to boot.

Sorry, but like I said, even with the mash unit we have on D, I would be VERY surprised to see this game against Oakland being close. Their offense has been nothing short of abysmal and their D has been actually getting worse by the week.

A little perception as to how the Seahawks compare to the Raiders

The Seahawks are averaging 18.3 PF to 25.8 PA. That means they are losing by an average of a TD, which means they play their games fairly close and, once again, that their 2-11 record is not as accurate as how they play on the field.

The Raiders, on the other hand, are averaging 13.8 PF to 23 PA. They are losing by an average of 10 points per game. Worse yet, if that PF indicates what I think it does, the Raiders only manages around ONE TOUCHDOWN PER GAME, while the Seahawks seem to get at least 2 with a FG to boot.

Sorry, but like I said, even with the mash unit we have on D, I would be VERY surprised to see this game against Oakland being close. Their offense has been nothing short of abysmal and their D has been actually getting worse by the week.

Good points. And I hope the Pats destroy Oakland.

But I still think that when you're D is as patchwork as the Pats' D is right now, that anything is possible.

Could anyone in the world be more sore than Junior and Rosey today?

Whenever I play touch football for the first time in the fall, I can hardly walk the next day because I'm using muscles that I haven't used, and I'm in decent shape. I know that professional athletes are much different than mere mortals, but the point about using unused muscles is still the same. I assume they'll fully recover by Sunday.....

And who replaces Tedy? I'm thinking Sam Hunt or his brother Mike.

Which the way we played the seahawks I'm not taking this game for granted.

There has been some moments in some of these games I felt like I was watching the 1990 Patriots. What a terrible feeling.....

we get the best from every team so i dont expect this to be easy

we get the best from every team so i dont expect this to be easy
And that's what Belichick will say, which won't be surprising.

Realistically though, I will be shocked if we don't win by, at least, 2 TDs. Russell is very erratic, Walter was chosen by Webster's Dictionary to be the illustration of Garbage, their RBs are banged up and their D seems to just play to earn a paycheck each week.

BB will have this team ready and I wouldn't be surprised if O'Connell does mop-up duty in the 2nd half.

Back