Will the Raiders be pushovers?

I agree 100%. This is each team's chance to get back at the "perfect and cheating" patriots (not how I feel about them, though).

Now I think the Pats will give an honest effort every week. I just think they are a tad better than average, and any team that plays it's best, will be able to beat the Pats on a given Sunday.

So I'm going to make a prediction: Either a. the curtain will come down on the Pats at about 7:00 p.m. Sunday, with them losing and the Jets and/or Dolphins winning; or b. things go the very best way: Pats win, and the jets/miami lose.

"All or nothing Sunday!" (quote me if you want)

Even winning the Division I don't see this Pats team going very far in the Tournament. Really, how can anyone feel good about their chances?
Hooray! they make the playoffs, then what? Just making the playoffs doesn't amount to a hole in yellow snow, created by your pet, or yourself, if that's too be their highest achievement this season. Jmo, of course.

Even winning the Division I don't see this Pats team going very far in the Tournament. Really, how can anyone feel good about their chances?
Hooray! they make the playoffs, then what? Just making the playoffs doesn't amount to a hole in yellow snow, created by your pet, or yourself, if that's too be their highest achievement this season. Jmo, of course.

It's a great acchievement for a team that didn't stand a chance after week 1.

If the Pats win the division and face a team like Baltimore, I think they could win, but I think a hot Indy team would beat the Patriots in Foxboro.

I suppose I can empathize with this view but After this decade- it just ain't good enough!!!!! :D
lets talk about your big but spent

after play 15 of the season did you not, like the rest of us, question the Pats ability to win.

I admit I was down, thinking bad thoughts and just being a doubting thomas about the season. Our Matty Cassel showed nothing in the pre-season and the O-Line was a mess with the right side injured.

the Defense was supposed to be good but something didn't smell right at the bordello and I didn't know what it was - turns out it was the CB's having a serious case of the pecker drip and not being able to cover

then Rodney went down, and adalius and much like Midol other went down before, during and after that span bad enough that the pats signed 2 players to fill in a LB on the week leading up to the game against seattle to spell the defense....these two players end up playing 30 plus plays each because of injuries

Mike Wright switches from LDE to NT with LeKevin playing LDE and the DB's make me miss the days of Gay and Poteat

to be in the position they are today is utterly preposterous

Truthfully, Patriots, in their current state, would get thoroughly violated by Baltimore.

Probably, but I could hold out on the hope that Belichick would have a field day with a rookie like Flacco, but it would be a tough one.

Playing Indy would be like eating a burrito before sex (a total disaster).

It's a great acchievement for a team that didn't stand a chance after week 1.

That is if you didn't think they stood a chance after week 1. Personally, until the defense collapsed through shit play and injury, I was looking for 12-4. Never thought the offense would be a problem, too many weapons.

Even with the M*A*S*H unit we have, I still think we should be able to win by at least 14 points, and that's being modest.

I will say this though. If Russell or Walter have more than 250 passing yards against us, our entire secondary should be released on the spot. If there was ever a game for the Stiff Squad of Hobbs/O'Neal/Wilhite to have 2 or more INTs between them it's this one.

With that said if this offense does not score more than 21 points they should be let go too. Seattle is 32nd against the pass, and we struggled to get drives in that game. The raiders have a better defense than seattle does, so it might be scary. The defense is a shell of a team with all these injuries.

That is if you didn't think they stood a chance after week 1. Personally, until the defense collapsed through shit play and injury, I was looking for 12-4. Never thought the offense would be a problem, too many weapons.

After 400 sacks in the first 3 games, I had my doubts if we'd do well offensively and was actually hoping for our defense to carry us.

After 400 sacks in the first 3 games, I had my doubts if we'd do well offensively and was actually hoping for our defense to carry us.

Well the offense is not just great either. too many failed redzone oppurtunities, too many 3 and outs, and when we played a good defense it was embarrasing. I actually do not know how the defense does what they do now with all that has happened with injuries. We are somehow 9th in defense in giving up points.

Oh, I do, to. I already claimed he'd have 175 and two TDs. The Pats might score 35.

But they might also give up 36. :(

It would take the Raiders 3 games to score 36 against air.

I thought the same thing about the Seahawks and they are worse.

The Seahawks are NOT a worse team than the Faiders? You been hitting the sauce again?

Hasslebeck has been injured this year and it has seriously effected his play(they are a better team this year with the healthy backup playing)...Russel has been healthy and he flat out sucks...actually that should be...SUCKS! (mind you he is being paid top 5 QB money before taking a snap in the NFL...good thing it was before a snap because he couldn't get a CFL contract now.)

The Faiders only hope is that Russel doesn't play and the popcorn vendor comes down to play QB as he would be better.

It would take the Raiders 3 games to score 36 against air.

I am way more worried about the raiders defense than their offense. They have a good defense with good players, we have looked average against some bad defenses. I dont think the raiders can score much anymore though. They barely scored agaisnt denvers sorry D, but unless the pats get a ton of turnovers I cannot see them scoring 30. We barely scored over 20 against the worse pass defense in the nfl last week.

The Seahawks are NOT a worse team than the Faiders? You been hitting the sauce again?

Hasslebeck has been injured this year and it has seriously effected his play(they are a better team this year with the healthy backup playing)...Russel has been healthy and he flat out sucks...actually that should be...SUCKS! (mind you he is being paid top 5 QB money before taking a snap in the NFL...good thing it was before a snap because he couldn't get a CFL contract now.)

The Faiders only hope is that Russel doesn't play and the popcorn vendor comes down to play QB as he would be better.

The raiders have a better defense than seattle does.

Let's assume the three guys injured this past week--Bruschi, Wilfork, and James Sanders--don't play. Let's also assume Warren remains out, as do Woods and Redd.

If that all happens, this is what they'll be fielding.

Available DL (4): Seymour, Mike Wright, LeKevin Smith, Jarvis Green.

Available LB (6): Vrabel, Seau, Mayo, Guyton, Colvin, Izzo.

Available DB (8): O'Neal, Hobbs, Meriweather, Wilhite, Lewis Sanders, Spann, Ventrone, Mike Richardson.

That's it, as far as I know. They'd have eighteen defenders.

They could dress 10 on defense and still win by a couple of touchdowns. Have you and everyone else here SEEN the Raiders over the last couple years? Their fans go batshit when they get a first down.

I am way more worried about the raiders defense than their offense. They have a good defense with good players, we have looked average against some bad defenses. I dont think the raiders can score much anymore though. They barely scored agaisnt denvers sorry D, but unless the pats get a ton of turnovers I cannot see them scoring 30. We barely scored over 20 against the worse pass defense in the nfl last week.

The Patriots could win this game 13-10. Or maybe 18-10 with 6 FGs, who knows. Either way; The Raiders have an above average defense with a couple of nice corners; but they can be run on. I expect the Patriots to have the ball for 40+ minutes, if not more.

This Raiders offense is beyond pathetic.

The Patriots could win this game 13-10. Or maybe 18-10 with 6 FGs, who knows. Either way; The Raiders have an above average defense with a couple of nice corners; but they can be run on. I expect the Patriots to have the ball for 40+ minutes, if not more.

This Raiders offense is beyond pathetic.

yeah that offense is pathetic.

The raiders have a better defense than seattle does.

And they also have a DRASTICALLY worse Offense. That is, if the Raiders score 2 TDs against the Patriots, that will be their crowning achievement this season. They average 13 points a game and went 4 games without scoring a TD; and it's not like they played Pittsburgh and the Titans every week.

I'm telling ya; they break out the fireworks and noisemakers when these guys get a first down. When I say it would take the Raiders 3 games to put up 36 against air I'm being serious. When I say the Patriots can dress 10 on defense and still win by a couple TDs, I'm being serious.

Unless you've seen just how pathetic this team is on offense, it's impossible to express. Let me put it this way. The Kansas City Chiefs are downright EXPLOSIVE compared to the Raiders offense.

Back