Will the Raiders be pushovers?

And they also have a DRASTICALLY worse Offense. That is, if the Raiders score 2 TDs against the Patriots, that will be their crowning achievement this season. They average 13 points a game and went 4 games without scoring a TD; and it's not like they played Pittsburgh and the Titans every week.

I'm telling ya; they break out the fireworks and noisemakers when these guys get a first down. When I say it would take the Raiders 3 games to put up 36 against air I'm being serious. When I say the Patriots can dress 10 on defense and still win by a couple TDs, I'm being serious.

Unless you've seen just how pathetic this team is on offense, it's impossible to express. Let me put it this way. The Kansas City Chiefs are downright EXPLOSIVE compared to the Raiders offense.
I've been saying this repeatedly in this thread, but it falls on deaf ears. I've seen this Raiders offense as well and it, like OZO said, reminds me of the '90 Pats(aka: the WORST team in NFL history)

Even if the Raiders D gets a turnover or 2, their offense's total ineptitude to score any points will make it a moot point.

Even winning the Division I don't see this Pats team going very far in the Tournament. Really, how can anyone feel good about their chances?
Hooray! they make the playoffs, then what? Just making the playoffs doesn't amount to a hole in yellow snow, created by your pet, or yourself, if that's too be their highest achievement this season. Jmo, of course.

Once you're in the Dance, no one knows what will happen. Look at the Giants last season. Weather, injuries in-game, fluky turnovers, special teams plays (anyone remember Troy Brown singlehandedly killing Pittsburgh at Heinz?)... but you don't get a chance unless you MAKE the playoffs. That's goal #1: make the playoffs.

If you make the playoffs, and go down swinging, at least you gave it a shot.

Look at the teams in the playoff hunt. The Jets and Miami? Pats beat 'em each once. Colts? Pats SHOULD have beat them. Steelers? Yeah, the wheels fell off in the second half, but the Pats held their own in the first half. Ravens? Looking good, but Belichick vs. Rookie QB never bodes well. Titans? Looking good, but will they come crashing back to earth at the worst time? I don't think any team is unbeatable this year, even with a decimated squad, especially since the Pats' O has the capability to blow the doors off an opponent (provided the O-line shows up and Moss doesn't drop catches).

The key to this game could very well be the Patriots run defense. If Wilfork and Warren are both out, the Raiders will run the ball down the throat of the Patriots defense at every opportunity. If Both are able to go at something near 100%, the Patriots should be able to slow or stop the Raiders run game and take advantage of the QBs.

The key to this game could very well be the Patriots run defense. If Wilfork and Warren are both out, the Raiders will run the ball down the throat of the Patriots defense at every opportunity. If Both are able to go at something near 100%, the Patriots should be able to slow or stop the Raiders run game and take advantage of the QBs.

Jim Mora if he were the coach of the Raiders:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tie0tz7jGDI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tie0tz7jGDI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm sorry I cannot read your posts with that avatar.

Once you're in the Dance, no one knows what will happen. Look at the Giants last season. Weather, injuries in-game, fluky turnovers, special teams plays (anyone remember Troy Brown singlehandedly killing Pittsburgh at Heinz?)... but you don't get a chance unless you MAKE the playoffs. That's goal #1: make the playoffs.

If you make the playoffs, and go down swinging, at least you gave it a shot.

Look at the teams in the playoff hunt. The Jets and Miami? Pats beat 'em each once. Colts? Pats SHOULD have beat them. Steelers? Yeah, the wheels fell off in the second half, but the Pats held their own in the first half. Ravens? Looking good, but Belichick vs. Rookie QB never bodes well. Titans? Looking good, but will they come crashing back to earth at the worst time? I don't think any team is unbeatable this year, even with a decimated squad, especially since the Pats' O has the capability to blow the doors off an opponent (provided the O-line shows up and Moss doesn't drop catches).

Our defense is not good enough or healthy enough to stop good offenses and our offense is not good enough to score on good defenses which their are 3 or 4 good defenses in the playoffs with the ravens, steelers, colts, and titans. We have faced one really good D this year in the steelers and we couldnt get out of our own way on offense. This is not like the giants, the giants still had most of their team intact, they just were not playing well, thats not the case with the pats, in fact I think they have played over their heads in some cases with the injuries they have had.

I agree 100%. The Raiders can run the ball at times. If the Pats start this game with THREE (Seymour, Vrabel, Mayo) of the starting front 7 from Week One, the Pats just might find themselves being run on.

If the Raiders can make a dent in time-of-possession, they've got a shot - their D is not that bad. And if it's close going into the 2nd half, the Raiders might begin to actually think they can win. That's why it's imperative IMO for the Pats to come out strong.

This game has "TRAP" written all over it. A week out on the West Coast (how did that go earlier in the season?) against a team coming off a mini-bye. Holmgren didn't have the advantage of being able to do an advance gameplanning against the Pats D featuring two players signed off the street days earlier - the Raiders coaching staff will. And who knows if the Pats will have J Sanders or Wilfork? Zach Miller, another pretty decent TE, has the opportunity to have a career day here.

last week game had trapt written all of it too. The seahawks only won two game so far this season. they almosrt won the game. BB better have that defense ready to play on sunday. The Raiders offenser is a joke. there best reciever is there te Zack miller and they had a descent running game in fargas and Mcfadden.

last week game had trapt written all of it too. The seahawks only won two game so far this season. they almosrt won the game. BB better have that defense ready to play on sunday. The Raiders offenser is a joke. there best reciever is there te Zack miller and they had a descent running game in fargas and Mcfadden.

I am not worried about the defense, the raiders are so bad on offense, it should not be an issue. What we cannot do is turn the ball over and give them short fields like in the steelers game, because that will lose you a game no matter who you play.

Reiss does some great analysis on the "Mini-Bye" advantage of playing on Thursday night:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/12/thursday_effect.html
Sunday's game against the Raiders marks the third straight week that the Patriots will face a team that has 10 days to prepare for the matchup because they played a Thursday night game the week before.

Is this an unfair disadvantage created by the NFL's schedule-maker?

Teams playing on Thursday night this season are 10-4 the following week, so the extra rest and preparation time does seem to help.

Yet specific to the Patriots, one aspect to keep in mind is that the club requested to play its West Coast games back-to-back if possible. The NFL granted that request, pairing up their road games against the 49ers/Chargers in October and the Seahawks/Raiders in December. In doing so, the Patriots (2-1 on the West Coast) ended up with the current scheduling quirk of facing three teams in a row coming off Thursday night games.

Contrast that to the Jets, whose four West Coast games were scheduled for Sept. 22 (at San Diego), Oct. 19 (at Oakland), Dec. 7 (at San Francisco) and Dec. 21 (at Seattle), requiring them to make four back-and-forth cross-country trips (unlike the Patriots, who stayed on the West Coast both times). The Jets are 0-3 on their trips to the West Coast at this point, and that upcoming game in Seattle is looming large for their playoff hopes.

So, in the end, the Patriots' preference to play back-to-back games on the West Coast seems to trump the disadvantage of facing three straight clubs with extra time to prepare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone needs to post this in the Assclown Asylum for D22 - be like poking a caged animal with a stick. :thumb:

Even with ten days advantage the Raiders still suck. I'm not going to predict a blowout win because I thought that last week and was dead wrong.

will the Patriots be a pushover? That's the question...it's week to week, just like some players are week to week.

But I'll take my chances with these Patriots

Has any team been 7-5, and gone on to win the nfl championship?

will the Patriots be a pushover? That's the question...it's week to week, just like some players are week to week.

Not sure if any team has been 7-5 and gone on to win it all. I know no team has been 16-0 and gone on to win the championship.

:jester:

I find it hard to be a convinced that a team effort will be seen from the Raiders this coming Sunday after reading this piece, which is another understandable slam on the Raider's
organization.

http://www.tfdssports.com/2008/12/10/oakland-raiders-commitment-to-what.html

Some stats from the article:

* 22-71 Since their loss in Super Bowl XXXVII.
* Five head coaches in six years.
* Six straight double digit loss seasons.
* 12 game losing streak to the San Diego Chargers
* 6-30 division record since 2003.

I find it hard to be a convinced that a team effort will be seen from the Raiders this coming Sunday after reading this piece, which is another understandable slam on the Raider's
organization.

http://www.tfdssports.com/2008/12/10/oakland-raiders-commitment-to-what.html

Some stats from the article:

* 22-71 Since their loss in Super Bowl XXXVII.
* Five head coaches in six years.
* Six straight double digit loss seasons.
* 12 game losing streak to the San Diego Chargers
* 6-30 division record since 2003.

...It doesn't seem like Coach Cable isn't committed to excellence either. Following the Debacle in Diego, where they could have given up a touchdown run to Dora the Explorer, the Raiders proceeded to do nothing for the next several days.

If we let these stiffs score anything more than 14 point, this Pats team should forfeit the rest of the season.

I will repeat again:

THE RAIDERS ARE WORTHLESS THIS SEASON

I can't hear you!!!!!

:D

Check out these week by week descriptions about how the Raiders have fared this season:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/07/SP0314IKNT.DTL&feed=rss.raiders
Yup, that article sounds about right. The team is a joke.

I know BB is going to spend the whole week praising the Raiders, but as fans, we can be honest enough to say that the only way the Pats lose or even win a nail biter in this one is if they simply don't play at all.

Yeah, the 01-02 New England Patriots.

Wilfork says he’s a go Sunday

Here's some good news:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...ice-fodder-wilfork-says-hes-a-go-for-oakland/
Nose tackle Vince Wilfork, who suffered a shoulder injury against the Seahawks last Sunday, bypassed whatever injury report classification he will receive Friday, and told reporters today he was going to play against Oakland Sunday.

”No question, I’m ready for Sunday,” Wilfork said, just before heading out to the practice field, on the grounds of San Jose State.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilfork being healthy definitely tips the scales (pun intended) in the Pats favor this weekend, as stopping the Raiders from running the ball will be priority #1 for the defense.

Back