Will Tom Brady Retire as a Patriot?

Brady's team has started a covert PR campaign against the Pats and BB. His dad and his best friend and confidante, Alex the witch doctor are speaking for him.
Publicly he's above the fray but privately he must be salivating over the prospect of humiliating Belichick at Gillette.
This is saddening, actually. Burning bridges never seemed his way in the past.

View: https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/1441042335526047755?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1441042335526047755%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.audacy.com%2Fweei%2Fsports%2Fpatriots%2Fis-tom-brady-launching-a-pr-campaign-against-the-patriots

Brady's team has started a covert PR campaign against the Pats and BB. His dad and his best friend and confidante, Alex the witch doctor are speaking for him.
Publicly he's above the fray but privately he must be salivating over the prospect of humiliating Belichick at Gillette.

View: https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/1441042335526047755?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1441042335526047755%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.audacy.com%2Fweei%2Fsports%2Fpatriots%2Fis-tom-brady-launching-a-pr-campaign-against-the-patriots

To me, he is only making himself look worse.

True. He didn't want to have to get work done by his trainer from the luxury box. Lol

Honestly, the whole thing is like a long term relationship that went sour on multiple levels.

It just looks bad for Bill in hindsight because Brady won the SB and is lighting things up this season.

More stupidity .

Brady going to a loaded team and winning a SB has nothing to do with BB not re-signing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do wonder if this is about him getting out in front of the Wickersham book. Supposedly it is Bill slanted so perhaps he wants to get his side of things out now.

One other thing to consider. Brady was restrained by Bill for 20 years in terms of speaking his mind. He has certainly been out more with his persona since joining Tampa. So I can see this as his way of letting people know his side and what went down from his perspective.

Do we really care ...... sure he was great the best ever and kudos to him but, he cut ties does it matter as a Pats fan? I wish him well but, don’t give a $hit what he personally thinks about the Pats any more.

And quite frankly not sure why we should care? I think that weighs quite heavily on him

~Dee~

If you read the hundreds of comments following the Globe story this morning about Daddy's hissy fit, the overwhelming sentiment is1) Daddy didn't do sonny any favors and, 2) Patriots fans havei grown increasingly tired of reading/hearing about sonny. We'll see how it trends over time.

If you read the hundreds of comments following the Globe story this morning about Daddy's hissy fit, the overwhelming sentiment is1) Daddy didn't do sonny any favors and, 2) Patriots fans havei grown increasingly tired of reading/hearing about sonny. We'll see how it trends over time.

My feelings exactly

More stupidity .

Brady going to a loaded team and winning a SB has nothing to do with BB not re-signing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is pure agenda at work. She has never been stupid. Your obvious point is just as obvious to her as it is to the rest of us. We'll have her admit that not in a million years.

Guys - this is a big FAT victory lap by Brady. And well deserved. He won the freaking SB and is leading the league in passing TDs.
The Pats/Bucs game is next Sunday so he is getting out in front to set the narrative not only for next week but also for the Wickersham book which is coming in Oct.

Yes, Tom will retire a Patriot.
I believe that after the 5th SB, his wife, father, and his smaller circle of friends started to bend his ear that BB should treat him special. BB does not do that. He learned that from Parcells.
BB feels that if he calls out the best player for mistakes, the rest of the team will see that no one is above the team.
I also believe that finally Tom listened more, to his wife, father, and small circle of friends and decided to look for a team that had a very good group of players and no QB. He found that in Tampa.
I don't think it's any more complex than that.

Guys - this is a big FAT victory lap by Brady. And well deserved. He won the freaking SB and is leading the league in passing TDs.
The Pats/Bucs game is next Sunday so he is getting out in front to set the narrative not only for next week but also for the Wickersham book which is coming in Oct.
If it's a big, fat victory lap then he's doing the running and waving and having his lackeys, Daddy and Dr. Quack, do the sweating and exerting. It's cowardly on his part. But, it's his usual passive/aggressive "Hey, they said it, not me!" act.

Taking a victory lap is rarely the right approach; it certainly isn't the right one in this situation.

Be graceful and appreciative. With the mindfulness Brady has been talking about openly over the past 7-8 years (which I think is genuinely a good thing, btw), I would have expected him to be effusive in his praise of Belichick and the organization, and his time there. I would have expected him to understand the role Belichick had in his career, and how the things he learned in New England enabled him to find success in Tampa. Beyond that, I'd expect him to realize that's the best approach in terms of optics.

Instead he's sniping a bit. It's interesting, because sometime around 2014'ish, I want to say, Brady seemed to tone down a lot of the trash talking, particularly via the media pre/post-game. The Sherman reconciliation after they beat Seattle in the Super Bowl was the first example I remember, and since then he's always seemed to go out of his way to be graceful, classy, and respectful towards opponents. In light of that, I find the talk coming from his camp re: Belichick to be a bit unfortunate and not consistent with what I would have expected from the Brady I knew over the past 5 or so years.

Taking a victory lap is rarely the right approach; it certainly isn't the right one in this situation.

Be graceful and appreciative. With the mindfulness Brady has been talking about openly over the past 7-8 years (which I think is genuinely a good thing, btw), I would have expected him to be effusive in his praise of Belichick and the organization, and his time there. I would have expected him to understand the role Belichick had in his career, and how the things he learned in New England enabled him to find success in Tampa. Beyond that, I'd expect him to realize that's the best approach in terms of optics.

Instead he's sniping a bit. It's interesting, because sometime around 2014'ish, I want to say, Brady seemed to tone down a lot of the trash talking, particularly via the media pre/post-game. The Sherman reconciliation after they beat Seattle in the Super Bowl was the first example I remember, and since then he's always seemed to go out of his way to be graceful, classy, and respectful towards opponents. In light of that, I find the talk coming from his camp re: Belichick to be a bit unfortunate and not consistent with what I would have expected from the Brady I knew over the past 5 or so years.
Things ended really badly. It happens. Brady is human regardless of how much positivity he tries to exude in his life.

I would imagine he feels a deep sense of hurt for not being able to finish his career a Patriot especially after Jimmy was traded and winning 2 of 3 SBs his final few seasons.

I think in time everything will heal. I remember how angry both Milloy and Law were and they were able to reconcile things.

I think what is important in terms of Brady is his relationship with Kraft is in tact and he did express on Howard Stern how he understood that Bill's job is to build a team and he was an aging player that Bill had to look at replacing eventually. It was a really thoughtful and reflective interview that I would suggest you listen to if you haven't already.

I am not sure how he could not be thrilled with Tampa and what happened last season. Again it is only human to want to take the victory lap especially since many thought he was washed up in 2019. I mean he is the Goat and he is playing the Pats next week. I would have been surprised if he didn't gloat on some level. What he accomplished last year was amazing in his first year, in a new conference during a Covid season. A few bows are definitely in order.

I just heard a five minute clip of Patriots legend James Harrison on the Rich Eisen show and he said all the drama about Brady and Belichick is a complete media construction.

FWIW.

Back