Will Tom Brady Retire as a Patriot?

It is fun for the media though. They love trying to make something of this, to blow up any comment no matter how innocuous.

I just heard a five minute clip of Patriots legend James Harrison on the Rich Eisen show and he said all the drama about Brady and Belichick is a complete media construction.

FWIW.

I ran across Dante Scarnecchia's response to Guerrero's comments. Scar is a man of integrity who is also a pretty tough, old buzzard and I like the way he
thinks. I interpret it as meaning that IF Brady really did expect to be treated differently by Bill, perhaps with deference, as his valet suggested in a roundabout way,
then that was never going to happen. The term "Sacred Cow" says it all.

See what you think:

The former Patriots offensive line coach was a guest on WEEI’s “Ken and Curtis Show” Saturday. And in the wake of Alex Guerrero’s remarks to the Herald earlier in the week, with Tom Brady’s trainer saying Belichick never evolved to the point of treating a 40-year old Brady differently, Scarnecchia was asked about the legendary film sessions where the Patriots head coach would call out players.

“If you’re all sitting in that same meeting saying ‘holy mackerel, he’s saying this about this player, that’s Tom Brady over there. That means, what’s he going to say about me?’” Scarnecchia said. “That to me just shows ‘hey look, there’s no sacred cows in here, fellas. If your skin’s a little thin you’d better thicken it up because this is a tough place.’

“Everybody has affixed this term ‘Patriot Way.’ Honestly, I never heard that term said in any meeting that I’ve ever been in. No one’s ever used that term in any staff meeting that I’ve ever been in: ‘The Patriot Way.’ I’ve never heard that. But I also know, yes, there are things that happen there that are indigenous to the Patriot culture, and one of them is there’s no sacred cows. If you’re a little bit sensitive to being called out for doing something wrong, then you’ve got the wrong approach.”

Scarnecchia said the culture Belichick created during the past two decades was one reason for the team’s success, and that no one was immune to getting called out — coaches included.

When Guerro talks about Bill not involving and treating Tom like he was still in his 20s and not his 40s, I really don't believe he means coaching at all. If Brady did not like being coached hard or was thin skinned about being called out in film sessions, he never would have lasted 20 years.

The sense I got from Brady when he signed with Tampa is he was excited to have more say in the offense and more control. In other words, after running the Pats offense so successfully for 2 decades and 6 championships, he was looking to put more of his stamp on the offense and also have input in the offensive skill positions. He believed he had that earned that opportunity and that is what Alex means IMO when he says Bill did not evolve. It is easy to see in the way Tampa has treated him, making him a defacto coach and also giving him some say in evaluating the receivers. It is also no secret that Licht uses Brady to lure FAs to Tampa.

I can't blame Brady in a way for wanting those things but also understand that Bill is just way too old school to ever do that. I do believe that is one of Bill's shortcomings and why the sooner he moves on from GM, the better. The game has changed and has become a lot more NBA like with player control especially by the QBs.

Last edited:
It’s pretty amusing how even Curtis on EEI, who gives Mazz and Middie a run for their money in Brady surping, said that Brady is losing fans left and right over the past week or two.

If HE is saying that, then it’s bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s pretty amusing how even Curtis on EEI, who gives Mazz and Middie a run for their money in Brady surping, said that Brady is losing fans left and right over the past week or two.

If HE is saying that, then it’s bad.

Where is the proof of that beside some radio side show guy giving his opinion?

Let's see how the fans react to Brady on October 3.

Yeah, you don’t live in reality. And you certainly don’t live around here, and you have zero clue as to what people think of Brady around here.

run no GIF

So Bill has Lombardi and Dante speaking for him. I wish he wouldn't be such a coward like you think Brady is and just speak for himself.

I just heard a five minute clip of Patriots legend James Harrison on the Rich Eisen show and he said all the drama about Brady and Belichick is a complete media construction.

FWIW.
Well not exactly UT, unless you count certain posters here as media.

So Bill has Lombardi and Dante speaking for him. I wish he wouldn't be such a coward like you think Brady is and just speak for himself.

Bwah. Good one.

So, Alex and Tom Sr. were just shooting from the hip/ keeping it real and Dante is Machiavellian Bill's Howdy Doody?

Do you understand just how ludicrous that sounds?

My take is that nobody outside the Pats staff or locker room knows what really went on, but Dante certainly does. There is a guy that
took a great deal of pride in the Patriots "culture", but when outsiders start running their yaps then sometimes the silly TMZ spin needs to be countered with
something a tad more in line with reality. I think we all know who got tired of not being a Sacred Cow. That much should be obvious.

I very much doubt that Bill or anybody else could ever tell Dante Scarnecchia what to do or say. You should probably doubt it, too. He really isn't the type to
carry water for anybody. In contrast, Alex Guerrero is effin' Gunga Din.

Bwah. Good one.

So, Alex and Tom Sr. were just shooting from the hip/ keeping it real and Dante is Machiavellian Bill's Howdy Doody?

Do you understand just how ludicrous that sounds?

My take is that nobody outside the Pats staff or locker room knows what really went on, but Dante certainly does. There is a guy that
took a great deal of pride in the Patriots "culture", but when outsiders start running their yaps then sometimes the silly TMZ spin needs to be countered with
something a tad more in line with reality. I think we all know who got tired of not being a Sacred Cow. That much should be obvious.

I very much doubt that Bill or anybody else could ever tell Dante Scarnecchia what to do or say. You should probably doubt it, too. He really isn't the type to
carry water for anybody. In contrast, Alex Guerrero is effin' Gunga Din.
Lol. Double standard much? Of course Dante carries Bill's water. They worked together forever. And Lombardi has been his mouth piece forever as well. His personal butt boy if there ever was one.

But again the main point is Bill could have responded to Alex himself but chose his closest and most trusted mouthpieces. I really don't have an issue with it as that is how things are done in today's media landscape. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of this board. Lol

Belichick never “chose his mouthpiece” :rofl:

Scar was asked a question and he answered it. He has no involvement with the Patriots now and anyone who knows the Organization knows well that Bill and Scar were never very close. Scar is not a family member of Bills nor is he a close confidant.

Belichick never “chose his mouthpiece” :rofl:

Scar was asked a question and he answered it. He has no involvement with the Patriots now and anyone who knows the Organization knows well that Bill and Scar were never very close. Scar is not a family member of Bills nor is he a close confidant.
So you think it's just a coincidence that 2 of Bill's closest friends just decided to speak to the media and refute Alex? Please. Both are carrying Bill's water.

So you think it's just a coincidence that 2 of Bill's closest friends just decided to speak to the media and refute Alex? Please. Both are carrying Bill's water.
Like I said before, it's not just certain media that want to keep this drama going, it's a couple of posters that just refuse to let this thing go.

Like I said before, it's not just certain media that want to keep this drama going, it's a couple of posters that just refuse to let this thing go.
Lol. Look who started this thread and also whose posted. It hasn't been just two.

Lol. Look who started this thread and also whose posted. It hasn't been just two.
It really is astounding how blindly idiotic you two sound. While I don't think either of you come off as overly bright, I'm assuming you aren't actual idiots. So, you're either purposefully trolling non-stop stop or you sprinkle in episodes of delusion from time-to-time. Either way, please understand it paints an extremely unflattering portrait of you both.

It really is astounding how blindly idiotic you two sound. While I don't think either of you come off as overly bright, I'm assuming you aren't actual idiots. So, you're either purposefully trolling non-stop stop or you sprinkle in episodes of delusion from time-to-time. Either way, please understand it paints an extremely unflattering portrait of you both.

It's like some type of God complex and they are devout followers of the TB12 church, so disciple Alex Guerrero says something it must be gospel. Although if you check his past you could say he has a history of being full of shit, but that's besides the point.

Back