• Total voters

johnlocke

Reaction score
OP
Providence Colt

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Where have you been for the last year?

You think this shit is going to get back to normal?

LOOK WHAT'S BEEN DONE!!!!!
Damn shame that all those “loss of freedoms” happened under Trump’s presidency.

We’re seeing some states fully reopen now. I predict most states will do so by the end of this year. That’ll be a beautiful thing, won’t it?

OP
Providence Colt

Providence Colt

Reaction score
How about this for starters.

Sounds like the STATES RIGHTS~!, SELF-DETERMINATION~! that you guys are always railing about being in favor of.

Well, it’s a good thing in your eyes when the states are empowered to ignore federal guidelines regarding businesses being allowed to segregate.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Damn shame that all those “loss of freedoms” happened under Trump’s presidency.

We’re seeing some states fully reopen now. I predict most states will do so by the end of this year. That’ll be a beautiful thing, won’t it?

The loss of freedom was not done or pushed by Trump. Anyone with open eyes and some semblance of honesty can see that the states with the most rights violations are blue and their governors are beginning to pay the piper for such maleficence.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
The loss of freedom was not done or pushed by Trump. Anyone with open eyes and some semblance of honesty can see that the states with the most rights violations are blue and their governors are beginning to pay the piper for such maleficence.
Yep, Presidents don’t have the power to govern states. Hence why when they wanted drunk driving at .08 or seat belt enforcement to be a law, they tied highway funding to states who are complying with their wishes. Want your normal amount of funding, do what the federal government want. Otherwise you lose some.

Last edited:

johnlocke

Reaction score
Sounds like the STATES RIGHTS~!, SELF-DETERMINATION~! that you guys are always railing about being in favor of.

Well, it’s a good thing in your eyes when the states are empowered to ignore federal guidelines regarding businesses being allowed to segregate.

LOL. A state has no right to violate individual rights in this country. This is a most egregious one and surprise, it's a blue state with a progressive governor.

And I have never advocated for states' rights. While the power should be localized as was intended no entity or group carries any rights other than those the individual members possess, no more and no less. Think a corporation. It holds no special rights above those of the constituent members, neither does a state.

BTW the free use of the word "allowed" is quite appropriate for your position. It was not a point of allowing anything, the US government has the mandate to stop quite little, by design.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Why does everyone who gets the vaccine say “I can’t wait to travel again.”? Nothing is stopping you from traveling right now. I know people currently in gatlinburg for a corvette convention. Had friends who have gone to Disney world (multiple). There is nothing stopping you from traveling except your own fear of traveling. My wife and I went to a state park inn a few months ago. Play it safe and it is safe to travel and go on vacation.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Why does everyone who gets the vaccine say “I can’t wait to travel again.”? Nothing is stopping you from traveling right now. I know people currently in gatlinburg for a corvette convention. Had friends who have gone to Disney world (multiple). There is nothing stopping you from traveling except your own fear of traveling. My wife and I went to a state park inn a few months ago. Play it safe and it is safe to travel and go on vacation.

Well, states like MA had travel restrictions for those coming in from states they didn't approve of and stuff like that.

Unless companies start requiring it for passage on their transports I see no issue either way. And if the companies do start requiring it, that is within their rights, there will always be a market for companies that don't require it as 50 percent of the US has said they don't intend on getting the "vax".

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
I traveled to Tennessee & Florida. I still have a trip planned to gettysburg. I never followed fear & misinformation about covid. I did wear a mask where it was mandatory .

johnlocke

Reaction score
https://patch.com/new-hampshire/concord-nh/concord-cancels-school-due-bad-reactions-covid-19-vaccine?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert

Concord Cancels School Due To Bad Reactions To COVID-19 Vaccine​

Concord teachers and district staff received coronavirus vaccinations at the Steeplegate Mall on Sunday; Hopkinton schools also closed​

Schools were closed in Concord on March 22 due to staff absences after taking the Johnson & Johnson vaccine 24 hours before.
Schools were closed in Concord on March 22 due to staff absences after taking the Johnson & Johnson vaccine 24 hours before. (Scott Anderson/Patch)

CONCORD, NH — The Concord School District abruptly canceled school on Monday after a flood of teachers and other district staffers called in sick one day after many received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.

Parents in the SAU 8 district received phone calls, emails, and text messages notifying them there would not be school at just before 6:30 a.m. The alerts stated it was due to the level of teacher absenteeism across the district. The decision was made as principals began fielding calls from educators early on Monday that they were sick.

School Superintendent Kathleen Murphy said the closure was more than just teachers though — many staffers, including district office employees, also got shots Sunday, and reported adverse reactions to them.

"It was related to vaccine shots," she said of Monday's school closure. "We received notice from a number of staff, teachers, education assistants, and district staff who we were sick, so we were unable to open school in a safe manner."
All the staffers who were vaccinated received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I traveled to Tennessee & Florida. I still have a trip planned to gettysburg. I never followed fear & misinformation about covid. I did wear a mask where it was mandatory .
We traveled to the east coast back in November, were supposed to attend the Pats/Broncos game but they shut us down but we still came anyways. Loga was damn near a ghost town when we got there and we straight to baggage claim and got our bags then caught a shuttle to the hotel. Not a single person challenged us about wearing a mask and things seemed almost normal, hell the restrictions here in Alaska were way worse than Boston and by a long shot. Had a buddy just get back from Maui and they had a great time so I know lots of people that are traveling, Covid be damned.

patsload

Unregistered User
Reaction score
https://patch.com/new-hampshire/concord-nh/concord-cancels-school-due-bad-reactions-covid-19-vaccine?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert

Concord Cancels School Due To Bad Reactions To COVID-19 Vaccine​

Concord teachers and district staff received coronavirus vaccinations at the Steeplegate Mall on Sunday; Hopkinton schools also closed​

Schools were closed in Concord on March 22 due to staff absences after taking the Johnson & Johnson vaccine 24 hours before.
Schools were closed in Concord on March 22 due to staff absences after taking the Johnson & Johnson vaccine 24 hours before. (Scott Anderson/Patch)

CONCORD, NH — The Concord School District abruptly canceled school on Monday after a flood of teachers and other district staffers called in sick one day after many received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.

Parents in the SAU 8 district received phone calls, emails, and text messages notifying them there would not be school at just before 6:30 a.m. The alerts stated it was due to the level of teacher absenteeism across the district. The decision was made as principals began fielding calls from educators early on Monday that they were sick.

School Superintendent Kathleen Murphy said the closure was more than just teachers though — many staffers, including district office employees, also got shots Sunday, and reported adverse reactions to them.

"It was related to vaccine shots," she said of Monday's school closure. "We received notice from a number of staff, teachers, education assistants, and district staff who we were sick, so we were unable to open school in a safe manner."
All the staffers who were vaccinated received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
I'm getting mine Wednesday in Salem, NH. I will let you know if I live.

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
This is unsurprising. Many people suffer adverse effects for about 24 hours after the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I would go one step further. Many people feel adverse effects for most vaccines not just the covid vaccine. I had the 1 shot J & J vaccine on march 6th and had 1 day with mild effects, certainly not bad enough to call out sick from work or keep me from my normal daily activities. I had worse effects from the shingles and Tetanus vaccines. I spoke to my Dr last week and he told me the J & J 1 shot vaccine had the least severe side effects than the current 2 shot vaccines.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I'm getting mine Wednesday in Salem, NH. I will let you know if I live.
First one, was not so bad, although it hurts your arm for about 2 days. 2nd one has made people a bit sick because it boosts your antibodies so your body tries to fight something off that is not there. They said that if you feel that, it means its working.