Will you get the vaccine?

Will you get the vaccine?

• Total voters

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
This is unsurprising. Many people suffer adverse effects for about 24 hours after the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep. It's how vaccines work.

First shot my arm was a little sore if I directly pressed on it. Second shot, it was a little sore without even pressing on it. My only side effects.

About four or five coworkers had to take the next day off, they were wiped.

I don't have any reaction to the annual flu vaccine, either. 🤷‍♂️

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Talked to someone on my team . He got the vaccine Sunday. The side effects hit him hard . He said his arm still felt sore & stiff . Felt dizzy & nausea so he going home early.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Do you know which VACCINE he got and if it was one of the 2 dose was it his 1st or 2nd one?
1st dose & Moderna . He said yesterday he barely lift his arm to his shoulder. My job excused his time yesterday

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
I manage several teams with team members here, and OUS (EMEA and AsiaPac). 4 have missed work due to virus jab issues (it isn't a vaccine) and all of them had the Pfizer version.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Come next wednesday, it is open up to anyone who is allowed to get it (16 plus) in Indiana.

patsload

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Had my first Pfizer shot today, neighbors had it yesterday. No issues thus far for any of us. I expect my arm to be sore tomorrow just like it is with the flu shot.

johnlocke

Reaction score

Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine Starts Testing in Young Children​

Study to evaluate whether the shot works safely in children six months to 11 years​

im-316410

A young patient received the Pfizer vaccine during a clinical trial at a healthcare center in Durham, N.C., this week.​

PHOTO: SHAWN ROCCO/DUKE HEALTH
By
Jared S. Hopkins
March 25, 2021 12:30 pm ET

Pfizer Inc. PFE 0.17% said Thursday it has started testing its Covid-19 vaccine in young children, a key step toward broadening vaccination efforts.

Researchers administered the first doses of the vaccine to children enrolled in the study, which is evaluating the shots in children six months to 11 years. Pfizer expects initial results by the end of the year.
The vaccine, which Pfizer developed with BioNTech SE, BNTX 1.15% is authorized for use in people 16 years and older. Pfizer had earlier started testing the vaccine in children ages 12 years to 15 years.

WHAT’S NEWS

Children appear to be at lower risk of contracting the coronavirus than adults. When they are infected, they tend to experience milder symptoms, though some get seriously ill and can spread the virus.

Children make up about 13% of Covid-19 cases in the U.S., according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Doctors and health authorities say it will be important to vaccinate children, not only to protect them from the virus but also to help reach the communitywide protection known as herd immunity.

“If you really want to vaccinate somewhere between 70% to 80% of the population to achieve herd immunity, neglecting a large component of the population isn’t the right thing to do,” said Emmanuel Walter, professor of pediatrics and chief medical officer of the Duke Human Vaccine Institute in Durham, N.C., which administered the vaccine to the first subjects Wednesday.
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is among three authorized for use in the U.S., along with shots from Moderna Inc. and Johnson & Johnson.

The vaccines from Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are authorized in the U.S. for use in adults 18 years and older.
Both New York-based Pfizer and Moderna last year started testing their vaccines in children 12 years and older. J&J said it is in discussions with regulators to start pediatric testing of its vaccine, though it didn’t give a timeline.
Pfizer expects to submit to regulators results from the trial evaluating the vaccine in children 12 to 15 years in the coming weeks, Pfizer Chief Executive Albert Bourla said Tuesday at The Wall Street Journal’s Health Forum.

Fauci Says Children Could Start Getting Vaccinated by Fall

Fauci Says Children Could Start Getting Vaccinated by Fall

Anthony Fauci talked with WSJ’s Kate Linebaugh about when Covid-19 vaccines might be available for children.
Similar to adult trials, researchers must recruit healthy volunteers to test the vaccines, but the process can be time-consuming because parental consent is needed, pediatricians said.

Earlier this month, Moderna began testing its shot in children 6 months to 11 years.

Pfizer’s latest pediatric study will enroll up to 4,644 children in the U.S. and Europe. The young volunteers will receive two doses three weeks apart, as is the current dosing regimen.

COVID VACCINE FOR KIDS​

Initially, researchers will test various doses in different age groups to find the most appropriate dose for further testing. Researchers will first evaluate doses in kids 5 to 11 years before moving onto children who are 2 to 5 years and finally, those 6 months to 2 years old.
After they settle on a dose for each age group, researchers will test the vaccine in more children. They will administer the vaccine to two-thirds of study subjects and give a placebo to the rest.

Pfizer said researchers will determine the vaccine’s effectiveness in children in one of two ways.
One way would hinge on whether researchers could determine what level of immune response generated by the vaccine is sufficient to provide protection. If researchers can, they would measure whether young vaccinated subjects reached that so-called correlate of protection.
Researchers could also compare the response in the young study subjects to the response found in young adults in the vaccine’s pivotal trial.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
CONCORD — All New Hampshire residents ages 16 and up can begin making COVID-19 vaccine appointments next week.

People ages 40-49 can register starting Monday, March 29. Ages 30-plus can register starting Wednesday, March 31. Ages 16 and up can start registering Friday, April 2, Gov. Chris Sununu announced Thursday.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Maybe in a year or two, at the earliest.
Update, I am trying to get the Johnson and Johnson one next month at the Indianapolis motor speedway. I can’t register until next Wednesday and hopefully they still have openings for next Friday or another Friday clinic they will have in April.