Would BB Be Elite If TB Had Not Been a Patriot?

Would BB have the same reputation as one of the best coaches of all time if he had not had TB?

• 1- Yes. Belichick would have had the same success without Brady

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 2 - No Brady made Belichick, not the other way around. TB made Brady; BB did not make Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - It was the perfect storm: combo of coach and QB lead to all those championships

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • 4- Brady would have all those championships with any other coach.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5- BB having a losing record post-TB proves it was the player, not the coach who needs the credit

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6- They would both have been elite.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Clown or not, his defense held one of the best offenses in the NFL to 9 points in the SB. A defense that also needed to suffocate Brees for them to beat the Saints because Brady was so bad.

You are actually turning me into a Brady hater.
She couldn't turn me into a brady hater, though it's not because she isn't giving it her best.

Cheers

Oh no...Polian had him as a first round pick. Just ask him. :coffee:
Yeah, I mean, it's tough to pass up on Tom Brady, when you have the Immortal Funnel Rhaub Morris RIGHT THERE. Didn't use any of their 5 draft picks on Brady, nor tried to trade for him for a bag of footballs when he was 4th on the depth chart.

The Colts 2000 draft, a veritable 'Who's That?' of NFL History.

Brady would have been selling insurance by 2004, and Belichick would be one of these Wade Phillips 'DC Merc for Hire' types, and probably clocked a couple of more rings.

Last edited:
He's probably not even lying. What I mean is, he actually believes he thought that, whether it's true or not. He lives in a different reality than most.
The funny thing is, of all the rounds he'd remember, you'd think it was his first round picks.

You know, the only ones he ever hit on. Nobody had more top-10 picks than Bill Polian.

A defense that also needed to suffocate Brees for them to beat the Saints because Brady was so bad.
Scoring 30 points is bad? They won the game 30-20.

You got me, I mean who could possibly argue a final score to describe how an individual played? Though I think that would work better with a sport like bowling.
His stat line was 18-33 for 199 yards, 3 TDs ( 2 passing, 1 rushing), no picks. The Bucs were also 8 for 17 on third down and 1 for 1 on fourth down. Brady scored on every short field the defense gave him and then scored the winning (go ahead) TD himself. On what planet is that "bad?"

Back