Wow, Ugliness in Detroit

How is that even a question? If some retard runs onto the field, he needs to be knocked the fugg out.

I suppose that the Indy Pacer's fans will start whining about how dirty the other team played, how they were held , the refs are against them and the NBA doesn't want a small market team to win the championship. Sound familier ?

Is anyone REALLY surprised that Artest was involved in this incident ? This wouldn't have happened if it were ANYBODY else in the whole league.

The true loser in this entire situation is Reggie Miller. The Pacers had arguably the best team in the league this year (Miller's last) and now Reggie will be right up there with Karl Malone John Stockton and Charles Barkley as the best to never win a title.

Hey, I think we owe the NBA thanks. They're just trying to fill the void for pro sports violence left by the NHL lockout. HA!!! :D

But seriously, what really bothers me is Larry Bird going on TV and whining that Artest's suspension is unfair. Come on. A message needs to be sent that this kind of crap will NOT be tolerated. You think if one of our guys did something like this Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli would go and complain about the punishment?

MrWeekend said:
I suppose that the Indy Pacer's fans will start whining about how dirty the other team played, how they were held , the refs are against them and the NBA doesn't want a small market team to win the championship. Sound familier ?

Is anyone REALLY surprised that Artest was involved in this incident ? This wouldn't have happened if it were ANYBODY else in the whole league.

LOL

If anything the Pacer's fans (me included) think its wrong to completely strip a team of all its star players....for over half of the season....and Artest the ENTIRE season, just because they reacted to the fans who stepped OVER THE LINE.
Yes they deserved to be suspended, fined and possibly sent to some sort of "anger Management" classes (as Charles Barkley suggested on ESPN radio today)...but to suspend Artest for the entire season and take out the remaining top players for 25-30 games isn't being fair to the Pacers or their fans.

Sure the players should have never went into the stands with intent to do bodily harm, but some of the fans were just as much at fault for provoking it. I agree that the ones who stepped on to the court definitely deserved to get knocked the f**k out.

You can't tell me that it didn't make some of you laugh and cheer to see these guys "go off".

I am glad that the "select few" idiot fans (which we see at every game mind you) finally got what they deserved.

If anything, this makes me want to watch basketball even MORE than before. Well, not if everyone isn't playing.

scared.gif

:D

Bird is simply saying what the Pacers orgainization has to say at this point. Certainly they are going to support their guys. Do you think that Bird would tolerate that kind of behavior from any of the team mates when he was playing ? The probablem with today's NBA is there isn't any adult leadership.

I always thought that the problem with the NBA was that it didn't allow enough contact.

I like the NHL/NBA idea.

I thought basketball was a no contact sport. The NBA died the day Michael Jordan retired (for good). The new generation of players have made the NBA what it is today--unbearable to watch.

BTW Great video spoof

dred said:

OMG! This is great! I love the eyes. And look at the way that big, brave security man sacrifices his body to protect the fans of the game! Bwaaaahahahahahaaaaa..... Too bad Artest didn't really bloody somebody's face so he could be banned from the game for life...

Annihilus said:
Actually - here are the correct figures for Detroit, taken from CensusScope.

I can't vouch for their validity, but imagine they are pretty close.

I said "Detroit", so technically, I was correct, though the Pistons obviously draw from a much broader area.

http://www.brookings.edu/es/urban/livingcities/Detroit.htm

To be sure, Detroit actually gained Hispanic residents in the last decade, many of them new immigrants from Mexico. But at the same time it lost over 100,000 white residents. Today African Americans make up more than 80 percent of the city's population.

After seeing some more camera footage, it's clear that Artesticle attacked the wrong fan. The d-bag that threw the cup was the guy that looked kind of like a security dude (in blue) who gingerly moved out of Artest's way and directed him to attack the shocked fan in bideau's attached SI picture.

pookie said:
After seeing some more camera footage, it's clear that Artesticle attacked the wrong fan. The d-bag that threw the cup was the guy that looked kind of like a security dude (in blue) who gingerly moved out of Artest's way and directed him to attack the shocked fan in bideau's attached SI picture.

According to WEEI, ESPN is reporting that the fan's name is John Green. He's apparently got an extensive criminal record. I haven't seen it yet, but ESPN has footage from a different angle showing him throwing the cup.

It's also being reported that a tape has surfaced showing the fan who threw the chair. Detroit police have asked for the public's help in identifying him.

Now it's the fans' turn to answer for this. The guy in the pic is about to become very wealthy.

You know what's funny...

Is the guy that Artest ends up attacking, who is standing right next to the guy who actually threw the cup, is talking s*** to Artest as he's running up to him. Watch the tape. You can totally tell the guy's going off, probably thinking Artest is going after his guilty, but silent friend. Artest probably goes after the guy he does because he's the only one running his mouth, so Ron just figured he was the a** who had thrown the cup. Course, then when Artest ends up going after him..... The look on the guy's face is priceless. What's wrong buddy??? You can talk big but that's it, huh? Sorry, but I thought it was totally hilarious. There he is, looking all tough, yappin at Artest, until Artest gets to him, then he looks like he's about to s*** his pants.

Moral of the story. Don't open your mouth when you have a mentally unbalanced guy, a foot taller than you and looking for revenge, running at you. Simply shut up.... And point to the guy who actually pissed the mentally unbalanced guy off in the first place.

If those two guys are actually friends, I'm assuming they are since they're sitting together, but that doesn't mean anything, then I would be REALLY pissed off if I'm the guy Artest went after. Your buddy throws a cup, pissing Artest off, then lets Artest run right past him on his way to you. What a pussy. :shake:

Anybody see Artest's interview with Matt Lauer on the Today show this morning?

His agent should be fired for letting this guy speak out in public on this matter. He thoroughly embarassed himself.

It was unbelieveable.

bideau said:
According to WEEI, ESPN is reporting that the fan's name is John Green. He's apparently got an extensive criminal record. I haven't seen it yet, but ESPN has footage from a different angle showing him throwing the cup.

True to all of that. His past convictions include drunk driving and assault and as a condition of his release he is not allowed to drink alcohol.

He said he 'couldn't remember' if he threw the cup or not, but said that if the tape showed it, then it must have happened that way. He claimed it was a stressful situation and everything happened so fast that he doesn't remember anything.

What a d!ck.

Hawg73 said:
Anybody see Artest's interview with Matt Lauer on the Today show this morning?

His agent should be fired for letting this guy speak out in public on this matter. He thoroughly embarassed himself.

It was unbelieveable.

I haven't seen it, but I heard he was trying to pimp that rap CD.

bideau said:
I haven't seen it, but I heard he was trying to pimp that rap CD.

I apologize to the people I may have hurt. I apologize to the NBA for making a joke of the league. I apologize to my teammates for ruining the season. But can everybody see this sucky, irrelevant rap CD that I'm trying to sell as I hold it up next to my face?

Back