Wynn signs for only 2.3M and draft lookback

Lol but I swear I am trying to look forward!!!

Despite 6 years or so if me hating personal moves by the Pats, I’m thrilled about this offseason.
I don’t think it bears fruit this year, but one more offseason like this and we will almost be out of the hole that was dug.
If you really want to move forward. Stop living in the past. Being Non stop negative just because a player leaves. They're longer considered a contender.
What can CURRENT PATRIOTS do to improve this year. I want to see a 2nd year jump in production from Thornton , Strong JR & Strange . Will Jones improve his accuracy & Reads on medium passes . Since they now have Offensive coaches . That won't set them up for Failure.

Last edited:
Cajuste was the last 2019 draftee on the Patriots roster
N'Keal Harry was the Patriots first pick of the 2019 draft
Six Wide Receivers selected after Harry in 2019 have made the Pro-Bowl
2019 was Nick Caserio's last year with the Patriots as well as Tom Brady's.

Bill Belichick has been 26-26 since 2019.

So who do you think was more responsible for 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 Super Bowl wins from 2001-2019??

So who do you think was more responsible for 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 Super Bowl wins from 2001-2019??
My word how narrow minded some people can be. Like nothing else could possibly have contributed to the teams slide since 2019.

Please post in the correct forum BK. Here you go:

Probably some guy who's coached girls softball and high school football (see post #1,865 in the Ce!tics thread), LOL! Seriously, you've gotta be shitting me. Did you move on to those before or after being named Coach of The Year in Little League and Pop Warner???😂😂😂

If you'd watched the two in college, Sony had the higher upside, and it was apple to apples since they played in the same backfield.

His issue was injuries, and in the end that's what did him in. But if you're picking between 28-32 every year, you do have to assume some risk. Chubb is a better player, and was overall in college. But you had to take the risk for a higher upside player with Brady playing out the string at 38 years old at the time, someone who could help right away in a pass-first offense.

I don't hate the pick, and I'd do it again. Drafting a tackle or something wouldn't have helped short term

Probably some guy who's coached girls softball and high school football (see post #1,865 in the Ce!tics thread), LOL! Seriously, you've gotta be shitting me. Did you move on to those before or after being named Coach of The Year in Little League and Pop Warner???😂😂😂
Does Big Ken remind anyone else of a poster who shall not be named from Arizona?

Does Big Ken remind anyone else of a poster who shall not be named from Arizona?
I mean I get it. There were some flat out awful personal moves made for almost a decade.
Some great drafts in 2011ish plus the goat covered the warts. Plus BB can coach a pile of dogsh****t like no one else.
But being a Pats fan doesn’t mean blindly agreeing with clearly awful personal moves as they happen.
But this was the best offseason in ten years. It’s a tough schedule, I don’t think it bears fruit yet, but one more offseason like this and I think the Pats can be running with the best of the AFC.
The biggest problem is that by then Mack will be due for a new contract, and he is not good enough to carry a team while eating up the salary cap percentage a starting QB does in the current NFL.

I mean I get it. There were some flat out awful personal moves made for almost a decade.
Some great drafts in 2011ish plus the goat covered the warts. Plus BB can coach a pile of dogsh****t like no one else.
But being a Pats fan doesn’t mean blindly agreeing with clearly awful personal moves as they happen.
But this was the best offseason in ten years. It’s a tough schedule, I don’t think it bears fruit yet, but one more offseason like this and I think the Pats can be running with the best of the AFC.
The biggest problem is that by then Mack will be due for a new contract, and he is not good enough to carry a team while eating up the salary cap percentage a starting QB does in the current NFL.
Believe me I have never been blind to the BS that last season became. I also believed Cam Newton was a major mistake that BB eventually corrected. The Draft is always a crap shoot that has many factors going in to it. I believe that BB is human and capable of making mistakes just like anyone else. Most of the time he has owned up to them and corrected the issue just maybe not as quickly as many of us would like. I also believe people under estimating the changes that have been done this year alone. Way to many speculators who don't know any more than many of us are just acting like nothing has been changed. I have seen many changes starting with the quality of the coaching staff. And a good number of additions. Tyquan Thornton was a rookie last season who basically got thrown into that shit show of an offensive plan. Kendrick Bourne was regulated to minimal opportunities because Patricia was holding a grudge. Yes the O-Line was a mess but there was hardly anything you could call quality coaching going on there. I will disagree on your assessment of Mac Jones. He played at a high level as a rookie and even in the garbage he was forced to work with last season he played better than a number of other starting QB in the NFL.

Last edited:
I do believe that Thornton can develop into one of the best role players in the NFL, and he’s a great addition to any NFL receiving corps.

In a hard salary cap league, it’s all about getting more value than what you spent on a drafted player or the contract of a signed player. The cumulative value generated generally correlates with long term success. The Pats messed up so many drafts from 2013-2019 that the team is playing catch up. Even with the last few seasons, it is not clear we have caught up to anyone. If anything every other AFC East team looks stronger by roster. And despite picking later KC has also kept drafting and signing well.

In a hard salary cap league, it’s all about getting more value than what you spent on a drafted player or the contract of a signed player. The cumulative value generated generally correlates with long term success. The Pats messed up so many drafts from 2013-2019 that the team is playing catch up. Even with the last few seasons, it is not clear we have caught up to anyone. If anything every other AFC East team looks stronger by roster. And despite picking later KC has also kept drafting and signing well.
How many Super Bowls in that 2013-2019 time frame did the Patriots win?

If THREE Lombardi trophies doesn’t indicate the highest success to you what would?

Answer: Nothing. You have your hatred’s and they win out in your head over the most obvious facts (three flipping Super Bowl wins!) no matter what.

Now tell us for the 500th time (because heaven knows you’re going to tell us another 500 times.) how bad the roster building has been over the 6 SB wins. Please tell us.

Believe me I have never been blind to the BS that last season became. I also believed Cam Newton was a major mistake that BB eventually corrected. The Draft is always a crap shoot that has many factors going in to it. I believe that BB is human and capable of making mistakes just like anyone else. Most of the time he has owned up to them and corrected the issue just maybe not as quickly as many of us would like. I also believe people under estimating the changes that have been done this year alone. Way to many speculators who don't know any more than many of us are just acting like nothing has been changed. I have seen many changes starting with the quality of the coaching staff. And a good number of additions. Tyquan Thornton was a rookie last season who basically got thrown into that shit show of an offensive plan. Kendrick Bourne was regulated to minimal opportunities because Patricia was holding a grudge. Yes the O-Line was a mess but there was hardly anything you could call quality coaching going on there. I will disagree on your assessment of Mac Jones. He played at a high level as a rookie and even in the garbage he was forced to work with last season he played better than a number of other starting QB in the NFL.
BB deserved to be cricitzed for those disappointing drafts. Last years Coaching shit show. He also found UDFA's & FA that continued the pats success. The issue is the Mazz & Others. Keep focusing on negatives. Just to discredit him. To make the FORMER QB look a lot better .
Some of greatest players in NFL History. Didn't retire with their original team

Last edited:
Back