You have got to be kidding me - Jacoby

A sprain, also known as a torn ligament, is damage to one or more ligaments in a joint, often caused by trauma or the joint being taken beyond its functional range of motion. The severity of sprain ranges from a minor injury which resolves in a few days to a major rupture of one or more ligaments requiring surgical fixation and a period of immobilisation. Sprains can occur in any joint but are most common in the ankle and wrist.[1]

A sprain, also known as a torn ligament, is damage to one or more ligaments in a joint, often caused by trauma or the joint being taken beyond its functional range of motion. The severity of sprain ranges from a minor injury which resolves in a few days to a major rupture of one or more ligaments requiring surgical fixation and a period of immobilisation. Sprains can occur in any joint but are most common in the ankle and wrist.[1]

A sprain isn't necessarily a torn ligament. The severity is the key. Sometimes the ligament is just stretched and pulled. Sprained both of my ankles multiple times as a kid, have a lot of personal experience with this stuff.

Looks like it happened when Wilfork landed on him. They initially thought it was broken.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

The Globe is reporting he will likely be out a few weeks. Unreal.

OK, so a band-aid or duct tape outta suffice .....

Several Tweets are saying it's not serious. And there are indeed 10 days befor ethe next game.

He played through it in the 2nd half. Maybe he'll be able to tough it out against Buffalo if need be.

Edit: Just saw Lisa's post. F word.

Looks like it happened when Wilfork landed on him. They initially thought it was broken.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

The Globe is reporting he will likely be out a few weeks. Unreal.

I'm not buying what the Globe is selling.

Besides, Jimmy G came down to a game time decision for last night...pretty sure he'll be ready to go against Buffalo.

I'm not buying what the Globe is selling.

Besides, Jimmy G came down to a game time decision for last night...pretty sure he'll be ready to go against Buffalo.

Is it Volin reporting this for the Globe?

By reporting I mean hoping/praying that Brissett is out a few weeks.

NFL just posted it. ESPN posted it. Schefter posted it.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

If he tore a ligament it would seem odd that he finished the game last night. A sprain seems more likely IMO.

If he tore a ligament it would seem odd that he finished the game last night. A sprain seems more likely IMO.

A sprain is a tear in a ligament, with different grades.

Before the injury he went something like 6 for 9, 80 yards or so. After, he went 5 for 10, and I can't remember the yards, but not so much.

Edit: 5 of 10 for 19 yards.

Again.....AND BREATHE EVERYONE

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Patriots' source texts @diannaESPN about Jacoby Brissett's thumb injury, "No tear, it's fine." es.pn/2d4oW4a

And anyway...

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Patriots also believe QB Jimmy Garappolo has chance to be ready for Buffalo in week 4, per source, but still too early to say for sure.

Back