You have got to be kidding me - Jacoby

Dianna Russini ‏@diannaESPN 20m20 minutes ago
My sources say that Jacoby Brissett is going to be fine. No break, it's a sprained thumb. (No surgery needed) #Patriots

The trainers should have wrapped his entire hand and put it in some kind of over the shoulder, immobilized to the chest, sling. Then, when required to report on the injury report call it a slight sprain.

Remember the days when responsible media would wait to verify facts before publishing stories? Yeah, those were the days....

but like multiple reporters confirmed it on twitter so it has to be true :coffee:

If you can't break an unsubstantiated rumor, you've no choice but to embellish it. ASAP :coffee:

Dianna from ESPN is usually wrong. And who said anything about a break?

Jimmy may or may not or might or maybe possibly could be ready next week.

Does anyone actually think the Patriots are going to give you anything, or Rex, so he can game plan?

The likelihood is that Jacoby sprained a ligament (tore it), will unlikely be able to play, and that Jimmy, who they actually knew wasn't going to play for two days prior to the game but wouldn't tell anyone, likely won't be able to play, either, mainly because a Grade 2 AC sprain is going to affect his range of motion and will probably be too painful to play with anyway.

One thing that surprised me about the game was that Jacoby ran a bunch of times when it appeared to be a designed run. I would have thought he'd be under strict orders to not do that and I doubt every run was on his own, although the one he got hurt on he bolted from the pocket.

Seemed like a risky proposition considering the circumstances and we appear to have even more question marks for next week than we did for last night.

I'd also like to say that nobody knows if 10 days are enough for JFG, but a lot of folks seem to assume he'll be good to go for Buffalo. I don't.

Christ, whatever happened to the days when you went to the game knowing that Brady was in there and things would be in control?

I guess this situation will at least have the players attention and nobody gets to relax with the Bills coming to town. Bill will like that part of it.

This has been a very interesting stretch for the Pats to say the least and it promises to continue for the next 10 days.

Well they could amputate the thumb so it doesn't get in his way. He has big hands so he can grip the ball with 4 fingers.

A sprain is a tear in a ligament, with different grades.

Before the injury he went something like 6 for 9, 80 yards or so. After, he went 5 for 10, and I can't remember the yards, but not so much.

Edit: 5 of 10 for 19 yards.

Meh. That should be enough to beat Buffalo. :toast:

One thing that surprised me about the game was that Jacoby ran a bunch of times when it appeared to be a designed run. I would have thought he'd be under strict orders to not do that and I doubt every run was on his own, although the one he got hurt on he bolted from the pocket.

Seemed like a risky proposition considering the circumstances and we appear to have even more question marks for next week than we did for last night.

I'd also like to say that nobody knows if 10 days are enough for JFG, but a lot of folks seem to assume he'll be good to go for Buffalo. I don't.

Christ, whatever happened to the days when you went to the game knowing that Brady was in there and things would be in control?

I guess this situation will at least have the players attention and nobody gets to relax with the Bills coming to town. Bill will like that part of it.

This has been a very interesting stretch for the Pats to say the least and it promises to continue for the next 10 days.

The best part of Jacoby's game was his legs. His throws looked like a rookie. He lacked accuracy and timing. I was not surprised he ran given his athleticism. You can't play scared. At least the Pats don't. He did slide a few times especially when he ran up the middle which I am sure he was coached to do to keep him from taking bone crushing blows.

I agree about Brady. I am exhausted emotionally from these last few weeks of wondering who will play and all the injury speculation. I am ready for #12 to come back. :patriotlogo:

P.S. I will never made fun of his avocado ice cream again. That man understand how to keep himself available to his team and has been doing it forever. I think I have always taken that for granted about him. Never again.

Just reported. And I'm dead serious. Jacoby tore ligaments in this thumb and will need surgery to stabilize.

WHAT. THE. FVCK???????

Last night during the game they were filming his thumb...interesting.

Pulled pork, I mean Brisket... :(

s-l1000.jpg

Surgery can wait til after the Buffalo game if JG can't play

With all the reports, I am glad they didn't have to amputate his thumb.

Back