You have got to be kidding me - Jacoby

Looks like it happened when Wilfork landed on him. They initially thought it was broken.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

The Globe is reporting he will likely be out a few weeks. Unreal.

Deep breaths.

He played the entire 2nd half with his amputae thumb. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

A sprain is a tear in a ligament, with different grades.

Before the injury he went something like 6 for 9, 80 yards or so. After, he went 5 for 10, and I can't remember the yards, but not so much.

Edit: 5 of 10 for 19 yards.

2 of those were intentional overthrows that saved Edelman's life. 2 of the most impressive decisions of the night I thought, that and not pitching to him on the option (which he should have done, because he himself was covered).

f11465f3406c94493140e7827a00005d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing that surprised me about the game was that Jacoby ran a bunch of times when it appeared to be a designed run. I would have thought he'd be under strict orders to not do that and I doubt every run was on his own, although the one he got hurt on he bolted from the pocket.

Seemed like a risky proposition considering the circumstances and we appear to have even more question marks for next week than we did for last night.

I'd also like to say that nobody knows if 10 days are enough for JFG, but a lot of folks seem to assume he'll be good to go for Buffalo. I don't.

Christ, whatever happened to the days when you went to the game knowing that Brady was in there and things would be in control?

I guess this situation will at least have the players attention and nobody gets to relax with the Bills coming to town. Bill will like that part of it.

This has been a very interesting stretch for the Pats to say the least and it promises to continue for the next 10 days.

Hawg,

I have been warning all the crazy Draftniks whose attitudes to voluntarily strip the Tam of competent backup QB, match the fella in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" when he disdainfully said "Backup?! We don't need no stinkin' Backup !!!".

We have been leading a charmed charmed life with Brady since 2008. Most teams, most seasons, don't have their QB for all 16 games. Backup QB is the most useless position on a Team. Until you NEED A BACKUP QB! :banghead:

Can't even believe that we are 3 - 0 and there exists a 5 page thread about our third string QB's thumb.

Luxury problems.

I think ita because our converted WR just became our QB with no backups after him
No problem. AJ Derby played QB in Arkansas.

Besides, to channel Iverson, It's Buffalo. Buffalo, man. We're talking about Buffalo. Not Pittsburg. Buffalo.

No problem. AJ Derby played QB in Arkansas.

Besides, to channel Iverson, It's Buffalo. Buffalo, man. We're talking about Buffalo. Not Pittsburg. Buffalo.

Coach him up to do some read option. (He may have been a better football player than basketball player in HS)

This was pointed out in PRO FOOTBALL

Pats QB Brissett's Right Thumb Could Be Concern in Week 4
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS SEPT. 23, 2016, 5:27 P.M. E.D.T.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The New England Patriots could be looking for yet another quarterback — or two — after third-stringer Jacoby Brissett injured his right thumb in Thursday night's victory over the Houston Texans.

Brissett was shown on the sidelines with the training staff having the thumb examined after 325-pound Texans defensive lineman Vince Wilfork landed on him in the third quarter of New England's 27-0 win. Brissett finished the game, completing 11 of 19 passes for 103 yards, and he also ran in a 27-yard touchdown.

After the game, Brissett did not seem to be favoring his hand at all, shaking hands with his right when other players came up to congratulate him for the victory in his first NFL start. He spoke at his locker afterward without any bandage or ice on the hand.

New England improved to 3-0 while four-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady is serving his "Deflategate" suspension. Jimmy Garoppolo started the first two games but left with a right shoulder injury after being slammed to the turf by Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso in Week 2.

With just four days between games, the Patriots did not have a backup for Brissett on the depth chart on Thursday night. Receiver Julian Edelman, who played quarterback at Kent State, was expected to be available if anything happened to the rookie third-round pick. The team now has 10 days before playing Buffalo on Oct. 2 to bring in a free agent if one is needed.

Brady is eligible to return on Oct. 9, against the Cleveland Browns.

After the game, Brissett did not seem to be favoring his hand at all, shaking hands with his right when other players came up to congratulate him for the victory in his first NFL start. He spoke at his locker afterward without any bandage or ice on the hand.

I thought this to be notable also.

Gina

I thought this to be notable also.

Gina

Was very clear in the locker room video shown. He was hugging everyone, shaking hands etc and no medic etc was hovering around him. Sprains can be funny though, I know I've woken up before the day after a game with my ankle puffed up with a sprain. Did it to a thumb as well. Not really sore, but a weird numbing on the inside. Went away after a few weeks.

Judging by the high fives and handshakes that Jacoby was getting in the locker room video after the Houston game, I'd say the thumb thing is minor or perhaps, is bullshit. Makes sense to make Rex wonder who he has to defend up until the last minute like they did vs. Houston.

Judging by the high fives and handshakes that Jacoby was getting in the locker room video after the Houston game, I'd say the thumb thing is minor or perhaps, is bullshit. Makes sense to make Rex wonder who he has to defend up until the last minute like they did vs. Houston.

Well, now, that would appear to be unfair to the Bills. Can't imagine that BB would ever do something like that.

If Jimmy does not play I am really going to be disappointed. But I get the sense it will be Jacoby again. Guess we will see how practice goes Wed and how many reps Jimmy takes.

The first thing Rex commented on after their game yesterday was the Pats QB situation (which is clearly in his head already). I expect Jimmy to play, but keeping it quiet and waiting is smart (and a great way to F with the Buffalo fools)

Back