YouTube or Other Sites For Morning Headline News?

John Locke

Bringing Light and Justice to the World
Reaction score
My old crazy ass roomate actually served a purpose once when he showed me a good and balanced, meaning no political bent, just what's going on Morning News show on YouTube. I just can't find it or anything like it.

Unlike others I rarely explore the world of YouTube.

I'd like to wake up and before I pour through The Wall St. Journal, The Globe , The Herald, The New York Times, NY Post etc. I'd like to grab a er..coffee...er...yeah coffee lol and watch or listen to a decent update on the whats going on.

When I look at the news section all I find are TV news reports like from NBC, CNN, Fox, OAN and stuff and they are all broken up to individu issues and topics.

I get a morning email everyday from 1440 News and that's pretty good for just the facts reporting. But they don't seem to have a YouTube presence other than a bunch of videos of people angrily bitching about the concept of Just The Facts Ma'am am reporting with them as an example. 😆

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

YouTube censors all of the truth info. The only ones left there have to outsmart YT's AI algorithms. In other words, use slang words instead of trigger words. Or, use the videos as an intro to link to other platforms (Rumble, Shitchute, Odysee, etc.).

This is gonna sound crazy, but hear me out.

Twitter.

I know, I know. :high:

But twitter works around the folks and organizations you choose to follow. Choose the folks that you see deliver the most honest information and read what they tweet. This is how @chevss454 gets such good Pats info (aside from his friendship with that short dude... at least, I think it is the ladder dude,LOL).

Be careful though. It can become an echo chamber and you don't want that either. Curate a diverse and honest group to follow. They will find the interesting things for you.

Twitter.

But twitter works around the folks and organizations you choose to follow. Choose the folks that you see deliver the most honest information and read what they tweet. This is how @chevss454 gets such good Pats info (aside from his friendship with that short dude... at least, I think it is the ladder dude,LOL).

Be careful though. It can become an echo chamber and you don't want that either. Curate a diverse and honest group to follow. They will find the interesting things for you.

Thanks. Yeah, much like YouTube I've never spent much time exploring it. The possiblity of an echo is right.

Got taken off the path of Musk tweet recently by an interesting comment and spent hours in an insane liberal echo change which just kept branching out with more and deeper insanity.

I'm sure it works other ways than just liberal.

I probably should spend more attention to properly curating it.

Any thoughts on like video headline news thing with little opinion or spin or something?

Twitter.

AI...duh.

I don’t know when it’s actually posted on YouTube but Rising from The Hill is pretty good

Thank you.
Something else to consider, are the various Real Clear websites (Real Clear Politics, Real Clear Investigations, Real Clear Science, etc.) Not videos per say, but they provide links to articles from across the spectrum.

Twitter.

I do get a lot of stuff from twitter but it's stuff that is available to the public. There are many good reporters covering the Pats who use twitter. I've known Mike Reiss for years.
He's a genuinely great guy but Mike can only read tea leaves to report the Patriots goings-on much like Curran. Mike does it better than Curran, though. All reporters get info they aren't at liberty to report.

I also have friends within the organization with whom I speak frequently. I know my limits on the kinds of things I can and can't relay. Some things are off limits.

For example, when I started the "Mac Jones is QB1" thread. I'd known for a couple of weeks BB would name Mac QB1 but I couldn't say anything. Then when PFF came out with their story I was free to speak about it as long as I said it was PFF saying it.

Another example is when Brady retired...within a few days I was given inside info that Brady was not really retiring- that he was trying to get Arians out...that Brady thinks Arians is a blowhard and that Brady has no respect for him as a HC. That was something I could relay in "Brady retired" thread. Within a month Brady was back and within another month Arians was moved upstairs in a compromise of sorts. There's a lot more to that episode and everyone involved denies that's what happened but that is precisely what happened.

YouTube censors all of the truth info. The only ones left there have to outsmart YT's AI algorithms. In other words, use slang words instead of trigger words. Or, use the videos as an intro to link to other platforms (Rumble, Shitchute, Odysee, etc.).
I Get slower everyday. Been staring at your 370HSSV for what seems like months and vaguely wondering wtf is that?. Finally rallied myself to check it out.

Cheers

Back