Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Good morning, Circle friends! :)

bbe282a1893436219612067ffc84ff57.jpg

Good ol' Rock Harbor before The Clam Trees come in

View attachment 26940
View attachment 26941

View attachment 26942

when The Tourists arrive, locals have been known to advise them that "them trees? those are Clam trees out there. at low tide you can go out and dig around near them and get the clam drops :biggrin:

I always wondered how and why the trees were there. Now I know! Thanks, RG! I also never realized how shallow the channel into RH was until now. Those shifting sands
must be tough to navigate for local boaters kind of like a milder version of Oregon Inlet in the Outer Banks. I say milder because the waves slamming your boat down there are
always 3-5 ft high and come at you from every direction at the bridge making your passage hair raising. The entirety of Albemarle sound is shallow and the sands are constantly changing the channel. This looks like it can be a problem in heavy seas the very same way. I'll stay away from that port!

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

April 29, 2024: DN17 standing, DN18 sitting, and Mr. North.

IMG_4522.jpeg

April 30, 2024: DN17 and DN18 turned 36 and 35 days old today. Their wings look large, but they are not even halfway through wingfeather growth yet. By the time they leave the nest, their wing chord - measured from the bend of the wing to the tip of the longest primary - will be about 21 inches long.

IMG_4523.jpeg

April 30, 2024: Growing is hard work! I love the branches reflected in DN17's eyes.

IMG_4524.jpeg

Good morning!

View: https://twitter.com/dariusaniunas/status/1788302364652212485

But first, coffee

This is called extract chilling, which involves the coffee-maker holding a frozen piece of metal over the shot of espresso. It is supposed to shock and cool the espresso quickly making it hit a more optimal drinking temperature and protect the flavors.

It was invented by three-time Australian Barista Champion Hugh Kelly at the 2021 World Barista Awards. Hugh said he was introduced to the method by researchers at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW).

This research has shown that quickly cooling the coffee, especially during the initial stages of brewing, can retain a significant portion of the volatile aroma compounds that would otherwise be lost, thus enhancing the flavor of the coffee.

View: https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/status/1788148798373380404

Last edited:
Back