The 2024 Draft

Dial seems like a great pick at this spot, but Milton has me scratching my head.
Ok, Step Back and look at him. TE Conversion at 6'5" 240, 4.55.

And you get a good QB coach with him to develop accuracy and awareness...it's the strongest arm I've ever seen, but he's raw and needs development.

Ok, Step Back and look at him. TE Conversion at 6'5" 240, 4.55.

And you get a good QB coach with him to develop accuracy and awareness...it's the strongest arm I've ever seen, but he's raw and needs development.
I just saw a film on this guy for the first time and he is an absolute beast of a man. Just love his physicality. He could very well be an excellent tight end with the ability to make a big throw on special plays.

I guess Zappe will be gone then. Milton certainly has a higher ceiling. I’m not even a fan of carrying three QBs, certainly don’t see four. I guess next year it could be just Milton and Maye in the roster if they cut Zappe this summer.
I think I’d have preferred they take a shot on an extra RB for the pipeline rather than a 3rd string QB, but I get it. The guy is a physical specimen.

I guess Zappe will be gone then. Milton certainly has a higher ceiling. I’m not even a fan of carrying three QBs, certainly don’t see four. I guess next year it could be just Milton and Maye in the roster if they cut Zappe this summer.
Zappe should be gone. yes. Rightfully so, it's not like he was any better than Mac Jones.

At 6-foot-5, Milton is so big and athletic, that some people around the NFL believe he could transition to the tight end position.

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler wrote, “Overall, Milton has the physical tools that scream first-round pick, but his passing instincts and ability to read the field are undeveloped. He is a project quarterback prospect, and some teams believe he will eventually transition to tight end in the NFL (similar path as Logan Thomas).”

Thomas played quarterback at Virginia Tech, was drafted in the fourth round by Arizona, and transitioned to the tight end position. He caught 72 passes for 670 yards and six touchdowns in 2020 for Washington.

Taysom Hill is another example. He played quarterback at BYU and has played both quarterback and tight end in the NFL with the New Orleans Saints.

Milton, however, doesn’t seem open to the idea.

On Saturday, when asked about potentially moving to tight end, he replied, “That’ll never happen.”

At a minimum I guess it’ll be good that someone in the same draft class can hopefully push Maye.

At 6-foot-5, Milton is so big and athletic, that some people around the NFL believe he could transition to the tight end position.

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler wrote, “Overall, Milton has the physical tools that scream first-round pick, but his passing instincts and ability to read the field are undeveloped. He is a project quarterback prospect, and some teams believe he will eventually transition to tight end in the NFL (similar path as Logan Thomas).”

Thomas played quarterback at Virginia Tech, was drafted in the fourth round by Arizona, and transitioned to the tight end position. He caught 72 passes for 670 yards and six touchdowns in 2020 for Washington.

Taysom Hill is another example. He played quarterback at BYU and has played both quarterback and tight end in the NFL with the New Orleans Saints.

Milton, however, doesn’t seem open to the idea.

On Saturday, when asked about potentially moving to tight end, he replied, “That’ll never happen.”
Not full time. Will he go in a couple of times a game in spots? I hope so.

Just got around to checking out who we picked for the rest of the draft and saw that we got Milton, I actually like that pick and was hoping they would pick him. Still haven’t digested the others yet but will when I get some time.

Him developing as a QB is the most important thing.

But I think he also wouldn't mind playing a play or two in a game, rather than riding the bench for all of 2024.
I’m sure he’d be more open minded to the idea if he can play in games and also get coached up as a QB.

I’m sure he’d be more open minded to the idea if he can play in games and also get coached up as a QB.
And that's what I think will happen. There's no way you'd risk him as an every-down TE if you ever wanted him to play QB. He gets in for a couple of plays in the red zone or something? Line both him and Maye in the backfield and run some option?

Back