The Matt Patricia Apology Thread

dchester

Snoop Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
This offense is clearly worse than last year's offense under Matt Patricia. Most of us blamed Patricia for the issues with the offense last year. However, we don't blame O'Brien for this year's offense being significantly worse. I think the reason is, people are realizing that the main problem with the offense is (and has been) the talent level of the players. We need an upgrade at QB, some of the o-line, and WR. Everyone who blamed Patricia (including me), owes him an apology.

I apologize, Matt. You weren't the main reason the offense sucked last year, any more than it's O'Brien's fault this year.

PS: We need to get a GM who can pick a QB in next draft, along with other needed players on offense.

Disagree 100%

Patricia's incompetence is a fact of observaton and record made in the past. Current and future events and situations do not diminish his ineptness of last year.

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”​

― Omar Khayyám

Disagree 100%

Patricia's incompetence is a fact of observaton and record made in the past. Current and future events and situations do not diminish his ineptness of last year.

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,​

Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit​

Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,​

Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”​

― Omar Khayyám
Well if you are correct, then O'Brien must really suck, because this offense is significantly worse.

This offense is clearly worse than last year's offense under Matt Patricia. Most of us blamed Patricia for the issues with the offense last year. However, we don't blame O'Brien for this year's offense being significantly worse. I think the reason is, people are realizing that the main problem with the offense is (and has been) the talent level of the players. We need an upgrade at QB, some of the o-line, and WR. Everyone who blamed Patricia (including me), owes him an apology.

I apologize, Matt. You weren't the main reason the offense sucked last year, any more than it's O'Brien's fault this year.

PS: We need to get a GM who can pick a QB in next draft, along with other needed players on offense.
:coffee:

it Was a dumb move making a DC an OC, but perhaps Matty did better then we thought with what he had to work with.

had Josh never left - which raiders fans wish as well - how might things have gone?

This is now the question, right?
Josh might be available real soon.... :coffee:

imagine a scenario where BB won't accept giving up GM duties so Kraft basically fires him (I think they'd work out an agreeable "Bill chose to leave") and BB and Josh reunite to coach.... ?? (insert team here)

imagine a scenario where BB won't accept giving up GM duties so Kraft basically fires him (I think they'd work out an agreeable "Bill chose to leave") and BB and Josh reunite to coach.... ?? (insert team here)
It won't matter ... unless they get a real QB.

I guess everything is possible now. Who knows.

The folks on here screaming that Bill is past his prime appear to be correct. He made a strategic mistake by ignoring the offense in favor of an almost exclusively defensive plan. And why wouldn't he? It's worked for him multiple times in the past. Clearly either it will not work in today's present or his current implementation of that successful strategy is flawed this time.

I guess everything is possible now. Who knows.

The folks on here screaming that Bill is past his prime appear to be correct. He made a strategic mistake by ignoring the offense in favor of an almost exclusively defensive plan. And why wouldn't he? It's worked for him multiple times in the past. Clearly either it will not work in today's present or his current implementation of that successful strategy is flawed this time.
That’s not true at all.
Whenever the Patriots won a SB, they almost always had a top 5-10 offensive line.

Our current OL is bottom 5.

BB really screwed the OL up.

The entire game hinged on one single cornerback? Is that what you're really saying?
Yes. When the subs were Jordan Richards and Brandon King.

Back