Bentley extended

Nice.

I never understood the hate on this guy.

He was really inconsistent for a while, but actually had a terrific year last year. This is an extension, so I think this locks him up through...2026, I think?

More cap space created.

His 2022 season was really special. It's like everything seemed to click at once.

Another smart contract by BB to lock him up heading into his prime years.

Very happy with this signing.

The best offseason since 07 continues.

His 2022 season was really special. It's like everything seemed to click at once.

Another smart contract by BB to lock him up heading into his prime years.

I believe it was '21 where he had started looking like a different player than the one who was too slow,
missed too many tackles and got picked on in coverage. He'd transformed his body, but last season
his recognition seemed better and while he'll never be a great cover LB, he did seem to turn a corner
and the light went on. We saw him getting to the sidelines and his tackles were sharper. He's one of our
team leaders now. He's a more effective blitzer. His stats have gotten consistently better and he
has only missed a handful of games to injury and none in the last two years.

He's in the conversation of Patriots who transformed themselves radically with hard work and experience and
became dramatically better than they were and I was one of those people that was highly critical of him a
few years back.

It took a while, but I'm happy I was wrong about Bentley and that he'll stick around for a while.

He led the team in tackles in '22. Who would have thought that 2 years ago? Not me

Kirwan gave him the full 8 points the other day and both he and Jim Miller had high praise.

Since I have mentioned the radio show "Moving the Chains" a couple of times lately I will add this tid bit: We only pay for 1 satellite subscription (wife's car). That subscription comes with the ability to use the app on iPhones (or any phone). CarPlay will play this in my Wrangler or the kids cars from the iPhone. When using it this way, you are able to rewind the programming several hours. This makes the full MTC available to me after work or when I decide to go on one of my mind clearing rides into the farmland north of our home. It also facilitates skipping commercials and boring segments with ease. All of the segments are listed in the app below the play screen. Scroll up to see each. This allows you to immediately choose segments that are of greater interest to you. Of course, I look for anything Patriots or AFC East related and play them first then go back and listen to the other stuff if I am still driving then.

This is a far better way to listen than through the app in my wife's Accord which has none of this surfing/commercial skipping ability. Use your phone app instead.

PSA: Just be careful! I have a mount in each car on the dash to help keeps eyes up on the road.

@aloyouis
you need unlimited data on your phone too,i would imagine!

It isn't that bad actually. We only recently switched to unlimited data but I have been doing this fr a couple of years and never went over. We used to have 30 GB's/mo buy that was shared by 5 people. Lemme check what I have been using and let you know.

EDIT: Looks like I use between 15-20GB/month off data. This is with heavy (hours) of Sirius radio usage

Last edited:
It isn't that bad actually. We only recently switched to unlimited data but I have been doing this fr a couple of years and never went over. We used to have 30 GB's/mo buy that was shared by 5 people. Lemme check what I have been using and let you know.

EDIT: Looks like I use between 15-20GB/month off data. This is with heavy (hours) of Sirius radio usage
i have 2 gigs...lol

Back