Looking at the Patriots 2024

The two most important hires left are offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. Depending on who those two people are, it will decide just how fast this team can turn around as soon as next season, obviously depending on the draft, and finding a serviceable, free agent quarterback.
Most important is DC. We have an OC already - they don't have to make a move if they don't want to. Given last year's O they might want to.

Supposedly Jerod and Steve worked well together and the defense ran well with Steve apparently making the calls. How that works itself out would be very interesting. Given last year's D they might want to keep the same D coaching staff. A change here could work or ruin the D chemistry that has been building over the years.

Most important is DC. We have an OC already - they don't have to make a move if they don't want to. Given last year's O they might want to.

Supposedly Jerod and Steve worked well together and the defense ran well with Steve apparently making the calls. How that works itself out would be very interesting. Given last year's D they might want to keep the same D coaching staff. A change here could work or ruin the D chemistry that has been building over the years.
Do you want BoB to stay? I want him gone. I really thought he deserved the most blame for the offensive struggles and Mac's unraveling.

I agree about the defense. I would assume Stevie is gone and will go with his dad. I trust Mayo to make the right hire on that side of the ball though.

They may not name a GM and simply keep things as they are.

If it's Groh or Wolf, they could name him now. If they're considering an outsider naming him now would muddle all the scouting processes that have already been completed.
Waiting til after the draft makes sense either way.

Last edited:
Do you want BoB to stay? I want him gone. I really thought he deserved the most blame for the offensive struggles and Mac's unraveling.

I agree about the defense. I would assume Stevie is gone and will go with his dad. I trust Mayo to make the right hire on that side of the ball though.
Would think there are reasons for Steve to stay,,
follow his Dad for a couple of years
or break up the family structure they’ve had for years (what does Mrs Steve say?)
????

Bill’s DC could be MattyP.

Right now my buds say everything is being kept top secret on a need to know basis only - lawyers, Robert, Jonathan. Tense environment. Smiles are forced.
Thank you.

Someone somewhere once mentioned that by the separation agreement BB was not allowed to coach in the AFCE. Anyone else hear that? I haven't heard it repeated anywhere.

If it's Groh or Wolf, they could name him now. If they're considering an outsider naming him now would muddle all the scouting processes that have already been completed.
Waiting til after the draft makes sense either way.
No it doesn't. Not even a little bit. They're literally running it back, just without Belichick. 4-13 isn't good enough to just run it back.

Someone somewhere once mentioned that by the separation agreement BB was not allowed to coach in the AFCE. Anyone else hear that? I haven't heard it repeated anywhere.
That's interesting if true.

Back