A friendly bet with a Chargers fan.

Thumper

Charger Power
Reaction score
Website
www.bolttalk.net
First I just want to say that I want to keep this a friendly bet. I'm not tryng to be disrespectful to the Paatriots or your board. I actually think patriotsplant.com is one of the best nfl fan forums on the web and for the most part you have all been classy fans.

Now here's the bet. I am one of the owners of the Chargers forum at bolttalk.com. I really think the Chargers will beat the Patriots this Sunday. I know many of you strongly believe the PAts will win.

So, if the Pats win, I will change my avatar & signature on this board and at bolttalk.com to whatever you choose. I will keep them up for a one month period of time. The exception to this is it can't be obscene or vulgar. I do not want to offend the younger memebers of our forums. You can make me wear a Pats avatar of your choice and have me put Belechick and Brady are the best ever in my signature.

Like I said, if the Chargers lose to the Pats, I will do this at both forums.

Now if the Chargers beat the Pats, those that except my challenge must wear a Chargers avatar of my choosing and put what I ask of them in their signature. Don't worry, I won't have you put anything that bad.

Post here if you want to take me up on this bet. I'll be back to check.

Thumper on 01-12-2007 at 12:57 AM said:
First I just want to say that I want to keep this a friendly bet. I'm not tryng to be disrespectful to the Paatriots or your board. I actually think patriotsplant.com is one of the best nfl fan forums on the web and for the most part you have all been classy fans.

Now here's the bet. I am one of the owners of the Chargers forum at bolttalk.com. I really think the Chargers will beat the Patriots this Sunday. I know many of you strobly believe the PAts will win.

So, if the Pats win, I will change my avatar & signature on this board and at bolttalk.com to whatever you choose. I will keep them up for a one month period of time. The exception to this is it can't be obscene or vulgar. I do not want to offend the younger memebers of our forums. You can make me wear a Pats avatar of your choice and have me put Belechick and Brady are the best ever in my signature.

Like I said, if the Chargers lose to the Pats, I will do this at both forums.

Now if the Chargers beat the Pats, those that except my challenge must wear a Chargers avatar of my choosing and put what I ask of them in their signature. Don't worry, I won't have you put anything that bad.

Post here if you want to take me up on this bet. I'll be back to check.

Just two questions.

1) If you are an owner of bolttalk.com then why do you advertise talkbolts.com in your sig.?

2) What in the world does "strobly" mean?

Re: Re: A friendly bet with a Chargers fan.

JONATHAN! on 01-11-2007 at 10:09 PM said:
Just two questions.

1) If you are an owner of bolttalk.com then why do you advertise talkbolts.com in your sig.?

2) What in the world does "strobly" mean?
1) talkbolts.com & bolttalk.com merged quite some time ago. If you go to talkbolts.com it immediately forwards you to bolttalk.com.

2) "strobly" is a typo. I meant to say "strongly". Sorry, I'm not a great typist. I just edited my original post to correct the typo.

So Jonathan? Are you up for the bet?

Re: Re: Re: A friendly bet with a Chargers fan.

Thumper on 01-12-2007 at 01:16 AM said:
1) talkbolts.com & bolttalk.com merged quite some time ago. If you go to talkbolts.com it immediately forwards you to bolttalk.com.

2) "strobly" is a typo. I meant to say "strongly". Sorry, I'm not a great typist. I just edited my original post to correct the typo.

So Jonathan? Are you up for the bet?

Yeah, why not.

Considering that in my understanding the last 2 QB's starting their first NFL Playoff games who were on the winning side of the ledger were Tom Brady and Joe Montana? >)

And who knows who Joe Montana even played against.....Certainly not the 2nd best D in the league.

If you win, then you have a QB in elite company.
I'll take that bet, and I feel strobly about it!

:pat: :patriots: :pat: :patriots: :pat:

Re: Re: Re: Re: A friendly bet with a Chargers fan.

JONATHAN! on 01-11-2007 at 10:43 PM said:
Yeah, why not.

Considering that in my understanding the last 2 QB's starting their first NFL Playoff games who were on the winning side of the ledger were Tom Brady and Joe Montana? >)

And who knows who Joe Montana even played against.....Certainly not the 2nd best D in the league.

If you win, then you have a QB in elite company.
I'll take that bet, and I feel strobly about it!

:pat: :patriots: :pat: :patriots: :pat:
lol, you're on. I am a man of my word and if the Pats win I will honor the bet 100%. BTW if you're designing an avatar for me, at bolttalk.com the avatars can be up to 125x125.

I'll have to think of a good one for you, but I'm not a mean guy so it won't be that bad.

Back