A Thought In Regard To Myra Kraft

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
So the end result of Sunday was heart-breaking, and even more so when considering the fact that the season was dedicated to Myra and I think a championship in this year would have been really special to Bob and this team.

Then I had this tought - perhaps, in the season dedicated to a person who worked tirelessly to improve the lives of others, perhaps it is not the end result so much as the journey which we must be reminded of. I'm sure for all her efforts Mrs. Kraft couldn't help everyone who needed it - but she tried to nontheless.

In much the same way our 2011 Pats couldn't overcome that final obstacle - but regardless they tried, and they did so with passion, integrity and dignity. And that is more meaningful than the final destination - the journey.

So as much as a championship would have been enjoyed, perhaps it's rather appropriate in this year we focus not on the finished product - but on the attempt. After all, Myra never stopped trying to make the world better - regardless of the fact that she knew that pain, suffering, and heartache would still ultimately exist - that she would always come up just a bit short. But in the attempt she found satisfaction, and in the effort she achieved nobility.

This thought has given me some peace this week...

As someone who is fundamentally opposed to "moral victories" and mushy post-hoc rationalizations, let me say:

This is a fantastic post, Den.

Copy/Paste/Send to every Patriots related source you can find. I strongly suspect it would bring some consolation to Bob, Bill, Tom, and most especially Wes.

+1 when I'm not on my phone.
Posted via Mobile Device

As someone who is fundamentally opposed to "moral victories" and mushy post-hoc rationalizations, let me say:

This is a fantastic post, Den.

Copy/Paste/Send to every Patriots related source you can find. I strongly suspect it would bring some consolation to Bob, Bill, Tom, and most especially Wes.

+1 when I'm not on my phone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Flagg. And thanks to eveyone for the + feedback via rep on this post.

I did take your suggestion and sent the message, a bit modified, to Mr. Kraft via the Front Office (through the contacts on the official site).

Hopefully it makes its wayto Mr. Kraft and he finds it, in some small way, comforting. I know the thought is giving me some much needed perspective.

So the end result of Sunday was heart-breaking, and even more so when considering the fact that the season was dedicated to Myra and I think a championship in this year would have been really special to Bob and this team.

Then I had this tought - perhaps, in the season dedicated to a person who worked tirelessly to improve the lives of others, perhaps it is not the end result so much as the journey which we must be reminded of. I'm sure for all her efforts Mrs. Kraft couldn't help everyone who needed it - but she tried to nontheless.

In much the same way our 2011 Pats couldn't overcome that final obstacle - but regardless they tried, and they did so with passion, integrity and dignity. And that is more meaningful than the final destination - the journey.

So as much as a championship would have been enjoyed, perhaps it's rather appropriate in this year we focus not on the finished product - but on the attempt. After all, Myra never stopped trying to make the world better - regardless of the fact that she knew that pain, suffering, and heartache would still ultimately exist - that she would always come up just a bit short. But in the attempt she found satisfaction, and in the effort she achieved nobility.

This is far and away the best post I have seen on this forum in my time here.

And although they may not wear that MHK patch next season, I hope that painting that Matt Light commissioned, remains in the Patriots locker room as an inspiration to all the players on the team. And to ensure that the legacy of the remarkable woman that was Mrs. Myra Hiatt Kraft, a woman who was so selfless and a woman whom many described as a true angel, continues to guide the way the organisation operates.

A+ :peace:

Back