Antwoine Womack

pookie said:
Womack says he's 100% and ready to go. Can he compete for the starting RB job this year, or will he be relegated full time to special teams?

http://www.patriots.com/news/fullarticle.sps?id=23533&type=general&bhcp=1

I sure would be nice if he turned out to be a steal. The Pats will almost certainly go after someone in the draft but it is tough for a lot of rookies to make that transition. It is nice to have a guy like Womack who, although he didn't play, knows the ropes and knows the system. Plus a full year an a half plus of rehab and working out -- I don't know about you but I would be chomping at the bit. I like his attitude and confidence.

I look at Womack as I looked at Brady. They kept Brady as a 4th QB, so they must have known something, or felt something in their gut. They drafted this guy knowing he was hurt, and kept him around all season re-habbing. They must feel he can contribute or he would be long gone....then again, he may be come August. <shrug>

I view Womack as anything you can get is good enough, because you can't count on him for anything. If you are expecting anything from him, I think you are more likely to be disappointed.

freak said:
I view Womack as anything you can get is good enough, because you can't count on him for anything. If you are expecting anything from him, I think you are more likely to be disappointed.

What's his salary? If he's making even close to $1mil and doesn't shine early in camp, then he should be gone.

pookie said:
What's his salary? If he's making even close to $1mil and doesn't shine early in camp, then he should be gone.
Womack has a base salary of $300,000 this year and after his bonuses kick in his cap value is around $325,000 for 2003.

Back