Article: Matt Patricia No Longer with Patriots

DropKickFlutie

Reaction score

A couple thoughts:
  • Patricia was in a challenging situation learning OC while also having to fix the OLine as his job as well. He didn’t have any benefit of learning for a year as a QB or other coach
  • I do think he was a contributor that led to multiple Superbowl rings. But I am still pissed about the Eagles loss - benching Malcolm Butler directly cost a ring. Eagles never punted all game. The Patriots had the league’s best defense that year in lowest points allowed and Butler had started 98% of snaps. Rowe was quoted after the SB that he had no idea Butler wouldn’t play, and it caused 4 DBs to play out of position all game. I do believe Butler was benched for a silly reason not unlike how Kendrick Bourne was benched this year for no good reason.
  • If Patricia is gone I hope his crappy assistant Evan Rothstein is also gone. A crappy assistant who has basically been a failure on every single unit and team he’s touched, going back many years. See ya Rothstein. Looking forward to Bill O’Brien building out his staff with a clean fresh start.

Back