Be affraid, you will witness the future Sunday night

JKiG

Reaction score
We may not win this game Sunday night. I’ll say that right from the start. But you NE fans are about to see 2/3rds of a killer trio that is going to dominate the league for many years to come.

You can tell me all about your Super Bowl victories, I’m sure it feels really good. Your team is as close to a dynasty as there is since the salary cap. But I just wanted to say hi, and give you a heads up. Things are going to be changing real quick…

I will fear the Bills when Donahoe is gone and Bledsoe is holding a clipboard on the sideline. I guess I have to give Mularkey a pass for the time being since he's in year 1 of his head coaching career.

Seriously though, I can appreciate your optimism for the Bills future. There isn't many directions the team can go but up based on recent history. They do have a great defense and I expect a tough game on Sunday night but if nothing else, it is at the Razor....a place that Bledsoe has not played real well at since he changed Uni's.

Things as you say may change in Buffalo but things are pretty status quo in Foxboro. I probably don't have to remind you who the head coach or QB are here in NE. I anticipate they are going to be around a little bit longer.

By the way, give your boys a BIG THANKS for taking care of Penny and the Jets last week. It's much appreciated! :thumb:

PatsFanDan said:
I will fear the Bills when Donahoe is gone and Bledsoe is holding a clipboard on the sideline. I guess I have to give Mularkey a pass for the time being since he's in year 1 of his head coaching career.

Seriously though, I can appreciate your optimism for the Bills future. There isn't many directions the team can go but up based on recent history. They do have a great defense and I expect a tough game on Sunday night but if nothing else, it is at the Razor....a place that Bledsoe has not played real well at since he changed Uni's.

Things as you say may change in Buffalo but things are pretty status quo in Foxboro. I probably don't have to remind you who the head coach or QB are here in NE. I anticipate they are going to be around a little bit longer.

By the way, give your boys a BIG THANKS for taking care of Penny and the Jets last week. It's much appreciated! :thumb:
You’re welcome, but I don’t think the Jets ever had you guys that worried.

I know what you are saying about Drew. Good guy and all, but he’s about near the end. Let me ask you this- how do you think the Bills would be this year had they moved up in the draft and snagged Big Ben? Assuming he would have taken over after our first two losses, do you think he would have been able to run the table in Buffalo with the team the way it is?

See, I’m looking forward to Losman being every bit as good as Ben, but JP is faster and more athletic and probably has a stronger arm. A bit presumptuous? Sure. A bit arrogant? With out a doubt. But the truth of the matter is the team is going to be Losman’s soon, and all of the other pieces are in place. Our O-line is much stronger than Drew makes them look, and a mobile QB is all they need to be dominating. They can open up holes for our backs against the best run defenses in the league. As soon as JP gets back their look out.

Btw, I still think we are going to take you guys out this week. Its not all about Drew, its all about Willis.

As far as Willis goes......see my post on the Smack thread. I don't see Mcgahee being the difference maker in this one. But I would be the first to admit I've been wrong before.

And as far as "Big Ben" goes......well you might be on to something there. While I am happy he's not playing for a division rival, it was still an AFC team that got him. I would have much rathered hearing his name called by an NFC team on draft day. I actually had him pegged to go to Pittsburgh and thought that was going to be a great pick for them. I may have even underestimated how good he would actually be.

Here's the thing. Big Ben is not the sole reason the Steelers are winning right now. Their D gave the Pats offense all it could handle and they ran silly on the Pats D once they got tired. The quick TO's and lack of time of possession sure didn't help.

But with Ben I see a QB who looks a heckuva lot like a Drew Bledsoe but he has some mobility and he doesn't seem to make a lot of mistakes. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here though because the Steelers offensive line is playing very well in front of him right now. And again, he is not being asked to do a whole lot but rarely does a rookie QB in the NFL look as sharp as him.

I have stated before that I believe Big Ben will be the best NFL QB over the long haul from last year's draft class. I honestly believe the Steelers drafted a Gem. Your Bills did get Losman. I don't think he's in the same class as Ben, Manning or even Rivers but he could still be very good one day. I do think he will be an upgrade from Bledsoe but DB has been playing behind bad offensive lines now for years. I was once a very big DB fan but Tom Brady changed all of that.

Basically I agree with you, we will witness the future sunday night, a great Patriots team beating an improved Billls team.I agree that this scenario will repeat itself over and over for the next few years.

Good call!

All ten thumbs up.

2 years from now the memory of Drew Bledsoe as a slow-witted, flat-footed, nin-com-poop will seem as distant as the idea of Alex Rodriguez playing shortstop for the Red Sox.

Buffalo is a true dynasty in the making.

Yeah, you mean dynasty like the 5 straight AFC champs who played lame duck in the big game 5 straight times? :p

Why would a Bills fan be lookin' forward to the future? The Bills are the Winnipeg Jets. No future.
A little bit of promise and a questionable fanbase with occasionial blackouts.
The LA Bills are a possibility. Personally, I hope not. I love this shnit. Besides, if staying at home is a good trait, Drew just may become the best goaltenter since Blaine Lacher!

Thinking about this game realistically, when the Bills win it won't be a very good barometer of their progress this season.

Without Ty Law and Poole the Pats defense isn't really up to par.

In most cases I like to play teams at their peak, it’s a sportsmanship thing as much as anything, but tomorrow I'll take it.

We need this win, the balance of our season hangs in the balance, and I'll gladly thank your untimely injuries for our victory...

Winnipeg? Not even close. Just to give you the heads up, we have a local billionaire waiting in the wings to purchase the team after Ralph Wilson passes, as sad as that day may be.

No, you’re not going to get off that easy. I stand by my words, you will witness the future tomorrow night.

wwhhoossee bbaallss ddoo yyoouu tthhiinnkk yyoouu''rree bbuussttiinngg?? SSppaamm aannootthheerr tthhrreeaadd ddiippsshhiitt..

When (if....don't want to get too greedy) the Bills lose tonight, what will that be a barometer of.....the official end of the Bills' season?

See you next year

Back