Goofing on the RAIDERS

Re: White Skates

blantyr said:
I remember. Oh, yes. The days of Bob and Carol and Ted and Dallas...

There was actually one period, the first game after Carol Vadnais was traded, when a Boston Bruin wore white skates... Note, I said period, not game.
Best memory as a kid, me and my Dad watching the Big Bad Bruins in the Garden

Patsdynasty3 said:
Congratulations then, I really admire that you "believe" that your team is not a joke. And I think its awesome that your not "Frustrated" with your "Team" With that said, Don't you think that Big Al has been mismanaging your team for YEARS!!!
1984 is a LOOONNNGGGGG time ago don't you think?

The way Big Al has been mismanaging my team for YEARS. Yes, that's upsetting. I really feel that he needs to take a side step and allow someone else to do the football thinking for now. His maverick ways are no longer maverick, and it has periodically hurt the team. He's not what he used to be, but don't let that fool you into thinking that I don't like the man or appreciate what he HAS done for the Raiders.

Patsdynasty3 said:
I take umbrage to the "Grapefruit" example, a more appropriate one would be "Cherries" at best. Also, it's clearly Beetlejuice and not Salley, check out Sterns website and you will see the Beetlejuice bust that I used.

Cherries huh? I won't get into that battle with you, let's just stick with football. I stopped talking smack like a junior high schooler when I left junior high school. :thumb: Judging by your use of the word umbrage, I don't think you're in junior high school.

Later.

The way I look at it Al Davis is a Cancer!! And it needs to be REMOVED!!
:D

Patsdynasty3 said:
The way I look at it Al Davis is a Cancer!! And it needs to be REMOVED!!
:D

Cancer is a strong word. Corey Dillon was a cancer. Terrell Owens was a cancer.

Remove him? Who's gonna do that? He started the Raiders. I think he should allow someone else to make the football decisions and that's pretty much the extent of it.

Later.

raiderbill70 said:
Cancer is a strong word. Corey Dillon was a cancer. Terrell Owens was a cancer.

Remove him? Who's gonna do that? He started the Raiders. I think he should allow someone else to make the football decisions and that's pretty much the extent of it.

Later.
Try to get him "committed" to some Mental institution. :D You gotta have tons of them in Cali! It wouldn't be hard to prove he needs psychological help...just look at how he has run the Faiders the past few decades!:D

I think Al Davis is feeling the end approaching, all these recent big $$ signings over the past 2 off seasons are sure to land the Raiders in salary cap jail soon enough. He's trying to win one more before he goes down with the ship.
Problem is, just signing big $$ talent gets you nowhere in today's NFL.

"It's about building a team, not collecting talent"- BB

MrUnderhill said:
I think Al Davis is feeling the end approaching, all these recent big $$ signings over the past 2 off seasons are sure to land the Raiders in salary cap jail soon enough. He's trying to win one more before he goes down with the ship.
Problem is, just signing big $$ talent gets you nowhere in today's NFL.

"It's about building a team, not collecting talent"- BB
He is grasping at straws...He really needs help running that "team" and I use "team" generously.:D

Back