I am back!!!

DeaconPanther

Reaction score
I just wanted to drop in for a minute and say howdy. I went back and read some of the stuff from Sunday night.......I shouldnt drink and type. I should have known when I had to close one eye to see one computer screen.

I am disappointed with the result of SB XXXVIII but I am not angry. I felt like both teams laid it all out and gave all fans a real show. I am proud as heck to be a Panthers fan.

I expect the Panthers to make the playoffs on a regular basis now. They have built a team that should continue to grow with experience and hopefully one that can give Brady his first playoff loss.

DeaconPanther comes from my 2 main loves. Wake Forest and the Panthers. I have followed Ricky Proehl since his college days. Why the heck do you have to do that to him?!!! Seriously, I heard someone on the radio talk about if Vinateri had missed both SB kicks then Proehl would be the SB legend.

I had Vinateri and Brady on my fantasy team. I released Antwoin when it became apparent that he wasnt going to do anything this year.....guess what happened?

I work fulltime and attend college fulltime so I am rather busy. I am currently doing my senior seminar which I have neglected due to the playoffs. I just want everyone to know that I will be back but I will be tied up with that mess for the next month. I will probably check in from time to time so dont say anything bad about me.

;)

DeaconPanther said:
Seriously, I heard someone on the radio talk about if Vinateri had missed both SB kicks then Proehl would be the SB legend.

I've heard a lot of fans (just not Pats fans) talking about the missed scoring opportunities the Pats had and how the game wouldn't have been as close had they converted.

But that got me thinking. Suppose Vinateri had hit his first field goal and Brady hadn't thrown that pick in the end zone (lets say the Panthers held and the Pats picked up another field goal there).

So then the Pats would have an extra 6 points. Except that then Belichik wouldn't have gone for a 2 point conversion when he did. And neither would Fox (twice).

So after Proehl's TD the score would have been Pats 34, Panthers 31 with 68 seconds left. And the Panthers would have been lining up for an onsides kick.

And if they'd gotten it...oh my.

DeaconPanther said:

DeaconPanther comes from my 2 main loves. Wake Forest and the Panthers. I have followed Ricky Proehl since his college days. Why the heck do you have to do that to him?!!! Seriously, I heard someone on the radio talk about if Vinateri had missed both SB kicks then Proehl would be the SB legend.

Proehl tied the two SB's vs the Pats, Vinatieri won the two SB's vs Proehl! That's the stuff legends are made of son!:D
2003 SB champs with lots of fingers left for more! Oh yeah!!!

Back