I hate Reebok for this Commercial

As gutted as I was about losing, I have to hand it to the Giants. They played great. They did a job on the Pats that the Pats themselves would've been proud of in the days when they were the underdog. I'm not finding it as hard to accept as I thought I would

The one thing I really cannot stand, however, and the one thing that irritates me not just this year but every year, is the fact that the Semi-Senile 72 Society were there in Phoenix, as NFL network put it, "basking in the Giants' glory".

The reason they, and that ad, are so unpalatable is nothing to do with the Patriots falling at the last hurdle or because Shula and Morris have bashed the Pats all season long or the fact that in their entire 17 game season the 72 Fins didn't play a team as good as the Giants were last night. It's the fact that they show up having done nothing of any consequence for 35 years, and take the limelight and attention away from the Giants.

The 72 Fins have been retired 3 decades, most of them are nearly dead and they still all crave the limelight enough to show up at the SB and essentially scream "Look at me". They don't realise that the only people who still care about them are themselves.

They're stealing the Giants' moment in the sun. And its disgusting. If the Pats players were creating a fuss about the game, or whining or looking for attention, the whole world would be lambasting them for taking away from the Giants win, and rightly so.

But the 72 Dolphins are quite happy to steal the Giants spotlight, just like they're happy to annually celebrate in the first loss of every undefeated team.

I personally hope any team, and I honestly don't care which as long as its not the Dolphins (yeah, as if), goes 19-0 next year. Just so these old bastards will finally FOAD.

Smudger* on 02-04-2008 at 02:33 PM said:
As gutted as I was about losing, I have to hand it to the Giants. They played great. They did a job on the Pats that the Pats themselves would've been proud of in the days when they were the underdog. I'm not finding it as hard to accept as I thought I would

The one thing I really cannot stand, however, and the one thing that irritates me not just this year but every year, is the fact that the Semi-Senile 72 Society were there in Phoenix, as NFL network put it, "basking in the Giants' glory".

The reason they, and that ad, are so unpalatable is nothing to do with the Patriots falling at the last hurdle or because Shula and Morris have bashed the Pats all season long or the fact that in their entire 17 game season the 72 Fins didn't play a team as good as the Giants were last night. It's the fact that they show up having done nothing of any consequence for 35 years, and take the limelight and attention away from the Giants.

The 72 Fins have been retired 3 decades, most of them are nearly dead and they still all crave the limelight enough to show up at the SB and essentially scream "Look at me". They don't realise that the only people who still care about them are themselves.

They're stealing the Giants' moment in the sun. And its disgusting. If the Pats players were creating a fuss about the game, or whining or looking for attention, the whole world would be lambasting them for taking away from the Giants win, and rightly so.

But the 72 Dolphins are quite happy to steal the Giants spotlight, just like they're happy to annually celebrate in the first loss of every undefeated team.

I personally hope any team, and I honestly don't care which as long as its not the Dolphins (yeah, as if), goes 19-0 next year. Just so these old bastards will finally FOAD.

Smudger, methinks thou doth protest too much! Throughout the entire season Pats fans & the national have gone to great lengths to portray the 1972 Fins as a bunch of grumpy old men that pop the bottle everytime the last unbeaten team goes down. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I mean if they say anything at all, they get slammed. So what? They shouldn't be proud of what they did? Some of you guys & the national media really need to get a grip. It is simply human nature to try to be possessive & prideful of a crowning or key moment in our lives. If the Pats had won & were 19-0, don't you think they, their fans, etc would feel the same way? And you really can't blame for being hated. I don't think anyone hated that the Pats won, maybe the way they one. BTW, I thought the Perfectville commercial was hilarious.

Wow! Even the Dolphin fans showed up to rub it in. Didn't think you guys would have the balls after your stellar 1-15 season.

Shouldn't they be re-watching that Ravens game for the 829048248924 time?

PlayMaker on 02-04-2008 at 04:23 PM said:
Shouldn't they be re-watching that Ravens game for the 829048248924 time?

Well, by that time, my DVR, like our season, was not in good shape.

Alco on 02-04-2008 at 04:20 PM said:
Wow! Even the Dolphin fans showed up to rub it in. Didn't think you guys would have the balls after your stellar 1-15 season.

Touche on the "stellar season" remark but... where exactly is the rub in?

MiaMarino on 02-04-2008 at 04:09 PM said:
Smudger, methinks thou doth protest too much! Throughout the entire season Pats fans & the national have gone to great lengths to portray the 1972 Fins as a bunch of grumpy old men that pop the bottle everytime the last unbeaten team goes down. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I mean if they say anything at all, they get slammed. So what? They shouldn't be proud of what they did? Some of you guys & the national media really need to get a grip. It is simply human nature to try to be possessive & prideful of a crowning or key moment in our lives. If the Pats had won & were 19-0, don't you think they, their fans, etc would feel the same way? And you really can't blame for being hated. I don't think anyone hated that the Pats won, maybe the way they one. BTW, I thought the Perfectville commercial was hilarious.

As a Dolphins fan I understand there's two reasons why you don't know what its like to have these guys popping up before each of the last 12 games of the season, (and in the case of one nationally televised game, Shula actually in the commentary box during the game) willing them to lose.

1. As hungry for attention and exposure as they are, they'd never root against their own team.

2. When was the last time the Dolphins threatened to make the playoffs, nevermind go perfect?

But Patriots fans know what its like. Colts fans know what its like. Broncos fans too. Bears fans from 85.

For you, I guess it just looks like an innocent 35 year long celebration. But to fans of teams whose first loss is accompanied by the sound of corks popping, and patronising soundbites, that "it's great to still be the only ones to have done it" and reminders that "perfection isn't easy to achieve" it looks like what it is, grandstanding, attention seeking insecurity; men afraid that people will forget them if they don't keep plugging their own achievements.

No-ones saying winning 16 games in a row is easy. The patriots know it isn't. They've only managed to do it twice. But is it really such a great achievement that they should continue to be given the platform to self promote, or steal the spotlight from equally deserving Superbowl winners?

Ras on 02-04-2008 at 12:18 AM said:
CONTACT US

Reebok World Headquarters
Reebok International
1895 JW Foster Blvd.
Canton, MA 02021
Phone: 781-401-5000
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (EST)

Please direct all corporate inquiries to:
corporate@reebok.com

After watching the Super Bowl game last night, I was posting on the patriots message board when a member posted a link to your Perfectville ad. I watched it and found it lacking in so many ways. First and foremost, I understand that you firm is the licensed supplier for the NFL (until the contract runs out) and maybe you, or your ad agency, think the ad was funny. But, you are a Massachusetts based company.

I do not find this ad funny and as a matter of fact, I find the ad insulting.

Therefore, I do not intend to purchase clothing or footwear from your company in the future. This includes NFL gear. I will wait for purchases of future NFL gear if any other company becomes the “official supplier”. I will be purchasing footwear and clothing from UnderArmour, Adidas and Nike.

In essence, Reebok, GO **** YOURSELF!

Reebok is a British company owned by Adidas.

GreenMachine on 02-04-2008 at 06:30 PM said:
Reebok is a British company owned by Adidas.

I think the fact that they have their WORLD HEAD-QUAR-TERS in MA-SSA-CHU-SETTS qualifies them as a Massachusetts based company though doesn't it, Bullet.

MiaMarino on 02-04-2008 at 04:35 PM said:
Touche on the "stellar season" remark but... where exactly is the rub in?

Wasn't exactly directing at you. You seem alright though, you should stick around and show us that you're not all raving lunatics. He's down in the asylum if you don't know who I'm refering too.

Smudger on 02-04-2008 at 06:43 PM said:
I think the fact that they have their WORLD HEAD-QUAR-TERS in MA-SSA-CHU-SETTS qualifies them as a Massachusetts based company though doesn't it, Bullet.

Or the fact that he will not buy Reebok stuff and will buy Adidas stuff.

I am sure they will miss his spending.;)

GreenMachine on 02-04-2008 at 07:35 PM said:
Or the fact that he will not buy Reebok stuff and will buy Adidas stuff.

I am sure they will miss his spending.;)

Did you go with the Eli or Plaxico Jersey?

Can you call me a bandwagoner please? I need a good laugh.

Smudger on 02-04-2008 at 06:16 PM said:
As a Dolphins fan I understand there's two reasons why you don't know what its like to have these guys popping up before each of the last 12 games of the season, (and in the case of one nationally televised game, Shula actually in the commentary box during the game) willing them to lose.

1. As hungry for attention and exposure as they are, they'd never root against their own team.

2. When was the last time the Dolphins threatened to make the playoffs, nevermind go perfect?

But Patriots fans know what its like. Colts fans know what its like. Broncos fans too. Bears fans from 85.

For you, I guess it just looks like an innocent 35 year long celebration. But to fans of teams whose first loss is accompanied by the sound of corks popping, and patronising soundbites, that "it's great to still be the only ones to have done it" and reminders that "perfection isn't easy to achieve" it looks like what it is, grandstanding, attention seeking insecurity; men afraid that people will forget them if they don't keep plugging their own achievements.

No-ones saying winning 16 games in a row is easy. The patriots know it isn't. They've only managed to do it twice. But is it really such a great achievement that they should continue to be given the platform to self promote, or steal the spotlight from equally deserving Superbowl winners?

First, Coach Shula was invited by the network (ABC/ESPN, whichever).

1. Usually after a team wins 10 games or so, its the media themselves that goes searching for the Perfect Season members, not the other way around. And yes, it is a nice way to be remembered. What's wrong w/that? If the Pats won, would you say the same regarding popping up?

2. The last we made the playoffs was after he 2001 season. Threatened to make the playoffs? 2002. Your point?

If you want to go back to 1985, go back one more year to the wo teams that had the best records. Miami (14-2) & SF (15-1). So yes, we do know what it feels like.

The popping thing is overblown. They did it a couple of years. After that, it was ESPN that had the cork effect go off after the last team fell. Don't believe everything you read/see on TV. If they are, as you say, afraid they will be forgoten, I ask you again, why does the media keep going to them after 10 or so games?

So now you are accusing them of "stealing the Giants thunder"?:confused:

You still have not answered my question. If the situation were reversed, what would you do? If the Pats were 19-0 & a future team was about to match thier record...?

MiaMarino on 02-04-2008 at 08:19 PM said:
First, Coach Shula was invited by the network (ABC/ESPN, whichever).

1. Usually after a team wins 10 games or so, its the media themselves that goes searching for the Perfect Season members, not the other way around. And yes, it is a nice way to be remembered. What's wrong w/that? If the Pats won, would you say the same regarding popping up?

2. The last we made the playoffs was after he 2001 season. Threatened to make the playoffs? 2002. Your point?

If you want to go back to 1985, go back one more year to the wo teams that had the best records. Miami (14-2) & SF (15-1). So yes, we do know what it feels like.

The popping thing is overblown. They did it a couple of years. After that, it was ESPN that had the cork effect go off after the last team fell. Don't believe everything you read/see on TV. If they are, as you say, afraid they will be forgoten, I ask you again, why does the media keep going to them after 10 or so games?

So now you are accusing them of "stealing the Giants thunder"?:confused:

Like I said, you're a Dolphin so I expect you to defend them. But plenty of fans of plenty of teams find it distasteful. Call it "being remembered" all you want, but everyone knows how hard they root for undefeated teams to lose. They're pretty shameless about it. If it was me, i hope after 35 years I wouldn't be too worried if someone else made it.

And I guess Shula is obliged to appear on Network TV if they ask him, and all the 72 players are obliged to talk themselves up every time a journo puts a mike in front of them. Don't blame the media. Its not hard to say "No comment"

And yeah. Like I said in my first post. I think the Giants have had to share the spotlight, and I don't think thats on the media. I'm pretty sure the 72 Fins booked their own flights to Phoenix, just in case they got a chance to "shine" again.

Smudger on 02-04-2008 at 08:27 PM said:
Like I said, you're a Dolphin so I expect you to defend them. But plenty of fans of plenty of teams find it distasteful. Call it "being remembered" all you want, but everyone knows how hard they root for undefeated teams to lose. They're pretty shameless about it. If it was me, i hope after 35 years I wouldn't be too worried if someone else made it.

And I guess Shula is obliged to appear on Network TV if they ask him, and all the 72 players are obliged to talk themselves up every time a journo puts a mike in front of them. Don't blame the media. Its not hard to say "No comment"

And yeah. Like I said in my first post. I think the Giants have had to share the spotlight, and I don't think thats on the media. I'm pretty sure the 72 Fins booked their own flights to Phoenix, just in case they got a chance to "shine" again.

You know what? I can't expect you to understand because you are not a Dolphins fan & you don't understand what the Perfect Season means to us. I will defend them just as you will defend the Pats for whatever they do. Lets just say we agree to disagree.

Alco on 02-04-2008 at 07:43 PM said:
Did you go with the Eli or Plaxico Jersey?

Can you call me a bandwagoner please? I need a good laugh.

I actually am wearing the Richard Todd Jersey.

I suspect 75% of you could not name the QB before Bledsoe.

GreenMachine on 02-05-2008 at 04:44 PM said:

Hugh Millen.

GFY bud. :4321:

GreenMachine on 02-05-2008 at 04:44 PM said:

I'll take a guess.... Eason would be too far back, how about Hugh Millen?

I don't know why you guys are griping about the '72 Dolphins "stealing" the Giants' time in the sun. The Giants themselves seem perfectly willing to share it, mostly through humorous means.

Back