Memories of November 18, 2001

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
Yesterday's game reminded me in some ways of the Patriots' loss against the Rams in Foxboro in 2001:

One of the things I remember about that game was Mike Martz saying afterwards that the Patriots were a playoff team, and I think he might have said they were a Superbowl team, which at the time seemed kind of ridiculous.

One major difference looking at the stats of that game is that the Patriots had fewer penalties than they had yesterday.

Yesterday's game reminded me in some ways of the Patriots' loss against the Rams in Foxboro in 2001:

One of the things I remember about that game was Mike Martz saying afterwards that the Patriots were a playoff team, and I think he might have said they were a Superbowl team, which at the time seemed kind of ridiculous.

One major difference looking at the stats of that game is that the Patriots had fewer penalties than they had yesterday.
Martz told his team, "We may be seeing those guys again," IIRC. Which was just as prophetic as Rickey Proehl (accidentally) was just 10 weeks later!

I was at that game. I remember the Patriots running back, Antowain Smith, fumbling near the Ram's goaline (the Pats almost scored a td). I got there after the very beginning, and saw a Patriots cornerback, Terrell Buckley, intercept Kurt Warner, and return it for a td. I didn't feel bad that the Rams beat the Pats in that game. It was around mid-season, and the Patriots won every game after that.

Back