Patriots-Dolphins prediction roundup

NewsZombieBot

Newsie
Reaction score
A roundup of how folks at ESPN are picking Sunday's game between the Patriots and Dolphins at Gillette Stadium.

• ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss: Patriots 20, Dolphins 17. After two blowouts, the Patriots should find themselves in a much closer game this time.
  • ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg: Patriots 27, Dolphins 17. Coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots are running roughshod over the quarterbacks of the 2008 draft. First Atlanta's Matt Ryan (3rd overall), then Baltimore's Joe Flacco (18th overall), then Tampa Bay's Josh Johnson (160th overall) and now Miami's Chad Henne (57th overall).
  • Bill Simmons: Picks the Dolphins to cover (getting 10 points). "When's the last time the Pats played a real team? A month ago? Expect a little rust from my boys. Also, this has all the makings of a classic Belichick 'we have some big games coming up, I don't want to give too much away in this one, let's grind out an ugly home win' game. I hate those. Not good for my nervous system."
  • Hank Goldberg: He thinks the Dolphins will have problems with their pass defense and predicts the Patriots will run up the score.
  • Sunday Countdown: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson all pick the Patriots.
  • Patriots-Dolphins Madden simulation: Patriots 31, Dolphins 28.
  • ESPN experts: All 10 of those polled picked the Patriots.
  • Make your picks for all of Sunday's games in this SportsNation feature or in our Pigskin Pick 'Em contest.

More...

hmmm...all pick a Pats win, but many are calling for a tough game...maybe we should look more closely at a division game with possible playoff implications that many experts say should be close?

This is going to be a walk. This Phins team is not good, but they are plucky. Make sure you bury them early by going after their young secondary, and the Phish will be well Squished.

<!--startclickprintinclude--> We are screwed they have Jesus on their side...:high::high:

Henning Compares Ginn to Jesus, Whale Poop

How many yards after catch could one get in flowing robes?

By JANIE CAMPBELL

Updated 7:41 AM EST, Fri, Nov 6, 2009

<!--startclickprintinclude--> <script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function(){ $('#jqm_wrp_1') .jqDrag('.jqDrag') .jqm({ trigger: '#jqm_trg_1', ajax: 'http://www.nbcmiami.com/i/dispatcher/?command=LoadImage&id=25580347&caption=%22I%27m+like+whale+%3Ci%3Ewhat%3C%2Fi%3E%3F%22', target: '#jqm_cont_1', overlay: 0, onShow: function(h) { h.w.css('opacity',1).fadeIn("fast"); G.doPixelTracking(83); }, onHide: function(h) { h.w.fadeOut("fast",function() { if(h.o) h.o.remove(); }); } }); }); </script>
Heading into a second rebuilding year led by ham-fisted, no-nonsense overlords, and staring down the barrel of one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, it looked like this might be a fairly uneventful year around Beergaritaville Stadium.
We certainly didn't anticipate QB-killing injuries, a sweep of the Jets, or that Ted Ginn would have a Redemption Sunday to be hilariously blown out of proportion by offensive coordinator Dan Henning:
"Wasn’t that marvelous? You know, in the Bible, on Palm Sunday they threw flowers and garlands at the Good Lord and then on Friday, they picked him up, beat the s@$* out of him, crucified him, and in this league they give us seven days – only gave him five. "So we go back three or four weeks ago and Teddy was a hero after the first Jet game, he was a goat after New Orleans and now he’s a hero again. I can’t wait to see the next chapter of this and who decides that."
"Beat the s@$* out of him" -- is that from the King James Version? Henning didn't stop there; he also compared Ginn to -- wait for it -- whale poop:
"To me, there can be no better human story than what happened last week around here and what Teddy was able to come up with. You can take anything that happened in that game, that was the best feeling for me to see him come out of that. He had to be lower than whale defecation, and that’s at the bottom of the ocean. You know what I mean?"
Um, no, Coach Henning, we don't. None of us majored in Bowel Movements of the Sea and Resulting Buoyancy. What's obvious here, though, is that Henning is either gleefully insane in the best way possible, or he's just a hologram, football pants, and a Mad Lib. How else to explain the quotes above? It's like a normal post-game presser, except that unrelated concepts, nouns, and adjectives are just interjected at random to form thoughts that almost make sense but don't.
Either way, what's not to love? So next time Dolphins news gets a little slow, find a football article with quotes from a coach. Any coach. And insert several of the following:
Mahatma Gandhi, porridge, butterfly, outhouse, punt return, Des Moines, velvet, hoop skirt, rose garden, Nutella, Holy Spirit, suspenders, touchback, Teddy Roosevelt, radio, seahorse, Buick, gourd, Christmas closet, catapult, knickers, Abe Lincoln, nun-chucks.
Instant Henning, instant fun. And no one had to rise from the dead.
Janie Campbell is wondering if Dan Hanning wants to be her Replacement Grampa. Her work has appeared in irreverent sports sites around the Internet.
Copyright NBC Local Media

First Published: Nov 5, 2009 7:29 PM EST

Pats by 3
No way. 10+ point win. This is not a good team. It just isn't. Bad? No. But they're not a top 10 team, and they won't play the Patriots close.

The WC won't fool a fast and disciplined defense, and they've just got nothing else. I don't know how they score more than 17 - and that's pushing it.
31-10.

This is going to be a walk. This Phins team is not good, but they are plucky. Make sure you bury them early by going after their young secondary, and the Phish will be well Squished.

Better thread to say hi in!!!:)

:Lwelcome:

So Molly, have I flogged you yet?ROFL

JK!

Not so much a walk I think. I say 14, but it will be the 4th quarter before this one is settled.

New England 42 - Miami 10

Not going to lie.... A few weeks ago I thought this would be close.... Pats winning.... But Brady is further along than I thought he would be... Matt Light is out and soon to be a tackle... And teams are finally bringing their corners up to stop the run with the safeties playing closer to the line thus neutralizing the Wildcat…. And I am sure you heard Joey Porter... Can you say afraid?? He is already making excuses for the pending loss and he is trying to not so subtly get in the head and pride of the zebras... Last year he is guaranteeing victory this year he is whining like a bitch... what a difference a year (and QB) makes!!!!

Both the Saints and Jets blitzed or showed blitz with their cornerbacks when the fish lined up in the WC.... And in 23 wildcat plays in those 2 games..... Total yards gained...... 41.....

42-10

Back