Sean Payton

Roberto71

Reaction score
All round good egg isn't he...

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-08%20at%2021.39.43_zpsyl3wq7wq.png

Sean Payton's support of Tom Brady, Patriots appreciated by Bill Belichick

Mike Reiss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- When the New England Patriots erected a Tom Brady mural on both sides of the lighthouse at Gillette Stadium, with Brady's No. 12 on the top, it was noted by New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton on Twitter. Payton's tweet has more than 3,000 retweets and 6,000 "likes."

Payton explained why he did it during an appearance on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" program on Thursday.

“Well, if someone’s asking, then I don’t know if they’ve paid much attention to it all,” Payton said, referencing the one-year suspension he served in 2012 as part of "Bountygate."

"There aren’t a lot of people that can understand what Tom’s going through. I’m one of them.”

Payton then talked about the Saints' solid relationship with the Patriots, with whom his squad has held joint practices with four times in recent years.

When apprised of Payton's remarks and Twitter post during his Thursday morning news conference, Patriots coach Bill Belichick seemed to appreciate it.

“It means a lot. I have a good friendship with Sean. We go back quite a ways. We have a great working relationship, a great professional relationship and a good personal relationship," he said. "So I always appreciate his support. He’s had ours. We’ve had his. Can’t say that about everybody, but he certainly has been a good friend and a good supporter.”

Hope he's not hopped up on stolen pills again. :coffee:

Seriously though, Sean Payton obviously gets it. Miami would get it if they weren't ****ing morons.

Hope he's not hopped up on stolen pills again. :coffee:

Seriously though, Sean Payton obviously gets it. Miami would get it if they weren't ****ing morons.

Thick as whale s**t that lot. They'll buy the Don Shula ********* Kool-Aid without a hint of irony.....

Back