T. Jones and the Saints

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
Hey all. New guy here. Please go lightly with the hazing. I have been checking out the board and found it pretty informative and funny so I thought I would try to put in my two cents. I recognize a lot of names from patriots.com and patsfans.com. This must be where everyone has been hanging out.

Now on to the point of the post. With rumors saying that the Saints are interested in Jones and are seemingly finished with Kyle Turley, would it be reasonable to try and work a trade between the teams for these two players? Would Turley fit into a BB team? He sure plays with a lot of heart and fire, I like that.

Of-course that would leave us needing a safety. What about Jason Sehorn at Safety? I realize he has lost a step or two since the injury, but I wouldn't ask him to play corner but I think he still has plenty of speed and ability to excel at safety. So, do you think he might fit, and if so could we afford him?

Alright, let the ripping begin! I can take it I tell 'ya. I can take it.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

Hey, Buck Wild!-- :)
How are ya, Baby?!... :)

Great question regarding the corner/safety issue...
Initially, I was supportive of retaining Tebucky Jones... In light of our newest acquisition, however, I am thinking that a trade just may be in order...
Is Sehorn REALLY available?!... I mean I know that he has lost a little, due to that injury a couple of seasons ago, but WOW!... :)
He could be somethin' else... :)

Forget about our new D being referred to as "The Presidents"... Just refer to them as "The Babes"!!!... :)

Seriously though, don't we have some of the best bunch of players that are really easy on the eye, as well?!...
Okay, so I may need to wait for the gals to answer that one... :)

BuckWild said:
Hey all. New guy here. Please go lightly with the hazing. I have been checking out the board and found it pretty informative and funny so I thought I would try to put in my two cents. I recognize a lot of names from patriots.com and patsfans.com. This must be where everyone has been hanging out.

Now on to the point of the post. With rumors saying that the Saints are interested in Jones and are seemingly finished with Kyle Turley, would it be reasonable to try and work a trade between the teams for these two players? Would Turley fit into a BB team? He sure plays with a lot of heart and fire, I like that.

Of-course that would leave us needing a safety. What about Jason Sehorn at Safety? I realize he has lost a step or two since the injury, but I wouldn't ask him to play corner but I think he still has plenty of speed and ability to excel at safety. So, do you think he might fit, and if so could we afford him?

Alright, let the ripping begin! I can take it I tell 'ya. I can take it.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

Good grief BuckWild... I read your location..... you should settle down man! Just kidding, welcome.

I must admit I don't know much about Turley except for the fact that he looks like a freakin' 300 lb hockey maniac and he REALLY seems to be consistent and has been healthy. He's started almost every single game in his NFL career since joining the league in '98... this is good. As for a trade between the teams involving T.Jones and Turley, I guess that would all depend on the money involved with Turley. We all know what Tebucky's about to make, but I wonder what Turley was making, or is due to make.

I like Jason Sehorn.... But the Pats couldn't afford him and I don't think they'd even consider it. They've already got one of the highest paid secondaries in the league and they couldn't afford Sehorn. Think of the money he'll draw. Hell, he just got let go by the Giants, who will take about an $8 million dead money salary cap hit for him. (I don't know why on earth they would do that)
Besides, Sehorn isn't a free safety and he'd get picked on badly.

Please,please,please NO JASON SEHORN!!! :banghead: I am on my knees begging that the Pats do not sign that primadonna!!! The guys coverage skills have eroded tremendously. He does not have the recovery speed he used to have before the achilles injury. And he does not tackle. Put TeBucky and Jason in the D backfield and half your backs will be missing tackles left and right!! Please Bill read my lips...NO JASON SEHORN!!! EVER

Thank you and we now resume our regular programming as the Sam Bam Rant Hour is over. Thank you and drive safely!!!

Back