Ted Marchibroda Dies

Wow, Bill talked at some length in the post match presser about him. Got a bit emotional.

Ted was my "first coach", the guy at the helm when I first became a Colts fan waaaaaaaaay back when. Tiger Bob never really knew what he had back in Baltimore, but I was excited to see him return as HC back in the 90s.

That being said, his best coaching job was that 1995 season, when the Cardiac Colts made their magical playoff run, coming within a whisper of Super Bowl XXX. Well, a whisper and a BULLSHIT NO CALL THAT KORDELL STEWART WAS OUT OF BOUNDS!!!! (Sorry, still bitter about that one). Why the team chose to not renew his contract is beyond me. It was finally satisfying to see Ted finally get that elusive Super Bowl ring, being on the broadcast team in 2006, after so many close calls (3x with Buffalo).

Rest well Ted, and thanks for all you have done to advance the game of football. Life well lived, good sir.

He was a good football coach. I always liked him, and his style. The NFL needs more guys like him. Truly one of the good guys.

This is sad news, thanks for posting

You could tell that BB felt that he owed a lot to Ted professionally and personally. Sounds like the coach really took a young Bill under his wing and looked out for him his first year in the NFL.

Back