The Triple Crown or Why I'm Glad Big Brown Lost

I don't think you get me there friend. No where did I say I was glad the deaf kid is crying, but it is a statement to what must be happening. Can you imagine how crushed he is? Especially when ESPN makes a story that makes it seem like Big Brown winning a race will cure all his ailments. It's called exploitation. And I can guarantee you he is somewhere crying. But I'm glad that Big Brown didn't win so that I wouldn't have to see stories all week about the people behind the race.

Don't put words in my mouth and cast your holier than thou judgments on me.
\

Nope. Your OP came off as callous and injurious. It seemed to take delight in the fact that a lauded victor didn't come through. Beyond that, you seemed to take a superior stance, as if the participants were privy to all of the bullshit attributed to them, as if they themselves ordained it. While it is arguable that that the trainer, in fact, did so, he is similarly open to relative contrition. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I ain't infallible, but brudder: you seemed to be a bit of a cack.

I'm not casting judgements and I don't think I'm any better than a hunk of shit splattered on a truck stop stall, but your callous wording WAS 'mis-interpreted', and rightly so, IMO.

Back