This better not be a tease...

This project is getting some serious buzz. I have probably read 2/3rds of King's stuff, but have only dabbled in the Dark Tower stuff and will look forward to the series to
see if that hooks me. I can see the appeal it could generate, but it hasn't sunk in for me.

In addition to the DT stuff there are a large number of other new film projects based on his stuff in process and King has gotten better at being involved with the production teams to bridge the gap between the page and the screen and ensure that his vision gets translated, which hasn't always been the case.

Over the last dozen years or so, I think his stuff has been some of his best ever and that's coming from somebody that quit reading for about 15 years and never expected to start again.

Joyland, The Institute, 11/22/63, Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, End of Watch, The Outsider, Dr. Sleep and Later were all more recent works, all were quite good and
I've just begun Fairy Tale. Three have been made into series or films and I expect all of the rest will follow. He's always been prolific in terms of volume, but the quality is
now there consistently. King is a hotter property in Hollywood than he's ever been.

I stopped reading him for a long time as well until Dr. Sleep came out.

I read The Shining in 9th grade English at a private school here in NH, taught by a young pretty blonde Mormon teacher.

The way she help us break it down, the symbolism, imagery, foreshadowing and everything had a great impact on me and I fell in love with the book. If there was a movie available of the books she always had us watch that as well, so I saw the movie right after reading the book.

I was hooked.

So when the sequel Dr. Sleep came out I broke my hiatus and picked it up. Didnt hurt that it was set in a town I know very well not far from here. Very good. And I think the movie did it justice.

I always loved to read and had read the entire public HS reading list on my own over the years prior to me arriving at a public HS in 10th grade.

Heh, the private school had called my parents in and suggested they save their 12 grand a year cuz I had discovered the "Wacky Tobaccy". Told them they call me "The Phantom" cuz they never see me in class until I'd show up on test day and ace em. Said, "He's always sitting down by the river with his friend from Canada and his best friend from Colorado getting high. Thing is they go to class, he just sits watching the river contemplating the universe or something." LOL

But that first semester with Mrs. Chapman had a huge impact on my understanding of literature and has had a deep impact even in my non fiction writing which is most of it is.

:rofl: She used to tell us about huge root beer keg parties at Brigham Young University. Have a hard time picturing the fun in that, but hey, too each their own.

On that note, irrelevant information and all, I'm gonna grab beer, maybe blaze a joint, sit on my deck during halftime, gaze at the lake, raise a glass to Mrs. Chapman and contemplate the possibility of someone scoring in this Jets/Buffalo game. 😅

received_672715421182940.jpeg

:party::high:

I stopped reading him for a long time as well until Dr. Sleep came out.

I read The Shining in 9th grade English at a private school here in NH, taught by a young pretty blonde Mormon teacher.

The way she help us break it down, the symbolism, imagery, foreshadowing and everything had a great impact on me and I fell in love with the book. If there was a movie available of the books she always had us watch that as well, so I saw the movie right after reading the book.

I was hooked.

So when the sequel Dr. Sleep came out I broke my hiatus and picked it up. Didnt hurt that it was set in a town I know very well not far from here. Very good. And I think the movie did it justice.

I always loved to read and had read the entire public HS reading list on my own over the years prior to me arriving at a public HS in 10th grade.

Heh, the private school had called my parents in and suggested they save their 12 grand a year cuz I had discovered the "Wacky Tobaccy". Told them they call me "The Phantom" cuz they never see me in class until I'd show up on test day and ace em. Said, "He's always sitting down by the river with his friend from Canada and his best friend from Colorado getting high. Thing is they go to class, he just sits watching the river contemplating the universe or something." LOL

But that first semester with Mrs. Chapman had a huge impact on my understanding of literature and has had a deep impact even in my non fiction writing which is most of it is.

:rofl: She used to tell us about huge root beer keg parties at Brigham Young University. Have a hard time picturing the fun in that, but hey, too each their own.

On that note, irrelevant information and all, I'm gonna grab beer, maybe blaze a joint, sit on my deck during halftime, gaze at the lake, raise a glass to Mrs. Chapman and contemplate the possibility of someone scoring in this Jets/Buffalo game. 😅

View attachment 14344

:party::high:

And just like that Buffalo scored and now I have to find something else to contemplate for 20 minutes.

:whip:

Back