Ty Law goes below the belt: 'Belichick lies to support his family.'

SoCalRaider

Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2240012

Cornerback Ty Law ripped into Patriots coach Bill Belichick on the James Brown Show on Sporting News Radio, saying the coach is "paid to lie sometimes, because that's how he supports his family."

Law says he can't imagine returning to the Super Bowl-champion Patriots after how the recent negotiations over a contract extension have gone.
"I don't feel comfortable in this place," Law said. " If people think that it can just be resolved with money, it can't."

Excerpts from the interview, which will air Thursday at 10 a.m. ET on the James Brown Show.

James Brown: "Where did things go wrong in that discussion with Bill Belichick?"

Ty Law: "It first went wrong when he asked me if I wanted to be there. I specifically told him that I want to be there, if he wants me to be. I don't want to be there if he doesn't look at me as a player to keep around for the future. It's plain and simple. No problem. No hard feelings. ...

"Throughout the conversation, I realized more and more that they had no intentions of letting me retire as a New England Patriot. That's when I knew I had to do something about it. It's unfair to me, to come in for a one-year deal, when within the organization, I was told that they had no intentions for me to play that well. People in the front office, the back office, within the organization, I don't want to say any name in particular, they told me, 'Ty, no matter what happens, especially after what happened to Lawyer (Milloy), you're out there auditioning for 29 other teams. You know how they operate around here and we wish you the best.'

"I don't feel comfortable in this place. I don't feel like this is a situation that either of us can prosper from. It's best for us to break ties and move forward, no problem. I had nine great years as a Patriot. Personally, behind the scenes it has not been all that great all the time. ... I knew for the last two years, possibly three, that they were just waiting for me to go down, waiting for me not to have the type of year that I had, so they can justify letting me go. When that comes from so deep in the organization and you still have to play up on it, because I'm obligated to that contract, that's just uncomfortable for me."

James Brown: "Is this a situation that's reconcilable, can this be resolved?"

Ty Law: "It can't. If people think that it can just be resolved with money, it can't. Like I said, I'm willing to give them money. Instead of you paying me my salary I'll pay you, and free up $23 million for you. It's definitely not about money and I don't think it can be reconciled. That's not what I am out for. I have that already. It can't be a comfortable working atmosphere. I think we just need to part ways while we're ahead. We can leave out as champions on both ends."

James Brown: "Did Lawyer Milloy tell you at any point during the season to expect the same thing to happen to you? If not, were you expecting this day to come?"

Ty Law: "He definitely said to expect same thing. I knew every conversation that they had. He feels that Coach Belichick lied to him too, to his face. I guess you get paid to lie sometimes, because that's how he supports his family. Actually, I already knew the situation with Lawyer and we thought that maybe I would go first."

James Brown: "What is your defense, Ty Law, that you are not a selfish person at all? Are there any examples that you can point definitively to?"

Ty Law: (sarcastically) "Yes, if I'm selfish, to give you a good example is when after our Super Bowl run, Tom Brady was going through his whole contract thing. It was beginning to become a major distraction through our championship. This was the first Super Bowl. So, I myself, without anybody asking me, without anyone contacting my agent, I went to Coach Belichick myself.

"After one of the practices I told Coach if he needed some help; I understand that I have a high cap number, one of the higher cap numbers on the team. In order to put this under the table, I said 'I know you guys are working to get Tom Brady done and a couple of other guys, I will re-work some of my numbers for you no problem. As long as I'm making my money that I am supposed to make this year, then go ahead and rework some of these numbers so you can get these guys done and we can defend our championship.' "

James Brown: "Wait a minute, you went to them and offered to rework your deal, so they could sign Tom Brady and others?"

Ty Law: "Right. I went to him (Belichick). He didn't come to me. I offered my contract, my money, to help the team. People don't hear about that. After all that went on, we talked a little bit and he said we are going to try to work on it. Then he came to me during the Pittsburgh game that week. He tapped me on the shoulder at breakfast and said, 'I need to take to you up on that offer.' So, I said, 'Fine, no problem.' I can't remember if Tom was done at the time or what, but he needed to work the numbers to get some guys signed. That's when I reworked $2.7 million of my salary. I reworked it and I played with it. I didn't say, 'Give it to me now,' like a lot of guys do. ...

"I did that and he took me up on that. Nothing else was ever said about that, but now, I am a selfish player. That was strictly for the team, but now it's come down to me being able to protect myself. All that I am asking them to do, is at the time, if they wanted me there, prove me wrong for what I have already known and what everyone has told me prior to us having that discussion. To quote, but I can not give a name, 'He did not expect you to play as well as you did.' "

Ty just does not know when to STFU! Ty is just going to keep talking himself into a hole that his "talent" can't dig himself out of. Cernell already said they were looking at having Wilson play more at CB next year. How about the whole year. Sit Ty "the Biatch" Law on the bench for the season and then let him see how much he's worth in the open market next year. Better yet, ship him off to the Canadian Football League. I hope, if he is still with the team, that he gets booed at every home game for being such an ass this off season. Ty you are full of:BS:
And guess what, THE PATRIOTS OWN YOU, like it or not. So keeping talking and see how much support you get from your "fans" and team members. I hope they all shun you!!!!!!! :4321: :4321: :4321: :4321: :4321: :4321: :4321:

BigDickSeymour said:
Better yet, ship him off to the Canadian Football League.

My Ti-cats will take him, then again they would take that one legged wrestler and that Hung-guy from American Idol as well, god they need help . . . wait it seems so does Ty Law!

Back