14 years ago

Mo Lewis: never has an opposing player done so much to change the history of a franchise around. :patriotlogo: :)

I thought Bledsoe threw a pretty decent TD pass in relief of Brady.

Am I mis-remembering something here?

No, he did throw a decent TD pass. He also made one of the absolute stupidest decisions I have ever seen a QB make. In or about the 3rd quarter, with teh Patriots leading, Bledsoe was about to take a sack for about 8 yards of whatever. He instead decides, while he is going down, to throw the ball away. The way he did that was by throwing a blind "pass" backwards, over his should, down the middle of the field.

Luckily it fell incomplete, but it was EXACTLY plays like that that completely drove me nuts with him. Million dollar arm, ten cent head. I like Drew Bledsoe. Great guy by all reports, but he could lose you a game as fast as he could win you one.

17 minute mark of this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8vEYZldnRz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No, he did throw a decent TD pass. He also made one of the absolute stupidest decisions I have ever seen a QB make. In or about the 3rd quarter, with teh Patriots leading, Bledsoe was about to take a sack for about 8 yards of whatever. He instead decides, while he is going down, to throw the ball away. The way he did that was by throwing a blind "pass" backwards, over his should, down the middle of the field.

Luckily it fell incomplete, but it was EXACTLY plays like that that completely drove me nuts with him. Million dollar arm, ten cent head. I like Drew Bledsoe. Great guy by all reports, but he could lose you a game as fast as he could win you one.

Yes, while watching that video, I was amazed at how many potential INTs were dropped by both defenses.

Apart from Troy Effing Brown, Bledsoe ended up being more or less the hero on the offensive side of the ball in that game, mostly because he didn't F up too badly. However, he could have just as easily been the goat (with small letters).

Back