A breath of fresh air...

FallingAlice

V'Ger
Reaction score
For those of you hankerin' for some discussion of real issues of professionalism having to do with the Bolts-Pats game, you really do have to check out TMQ this week.

God I love Easterbrook. He can be too verbose. He needs an editor. But when I'm looking for intriguing analysis, the only writer/commentator I like as much is Jaworski. Jaworski's very different, of course. But I'd love to see a MN football game anchored by these two.

Anyway...enjoy. It's brilliant. And I think it cuts through the crap pretty quickly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070116&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Which brings to point, the play of the game in SD.

Was Troy Brown an old WR making a heady play or a heady DB posing as an old WR?

Answer: He IS a football player!

Great article.

That's a good read.

He makes a lot of good points about the announcers. I like this one...
"And note that neither CBS announcer so much as noticed that slapping the ball down would have saved San Diego's day. Endlessly it amazes me that television football pundits who are well-paid to do nothing all year but yak about sports seem unaware of the basics of what's happening on the field."

The part about Hasselsack getting sacked was spot on.

Excellent stuff..Thanks Alice

Threadkiller on 01-16-2007 at 11:14 PM said:
He's good.

What's v'ger mean?

Translation for non Trekkers:

V'Ger was the machine/planet featured in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

It was one of the Voyager probes that had drifted into some unknown realm of space and basically (more to it) evolved into a lifeform. The letters had been covered by years of travel and such, so only V GER was left.

Some later novels took the concept that V Ger was a result of meeting up with the Borg. Of course that's not going to help much now is it? :)

Moebius on 01-17-2007 at 12:35 AM said:
Translation for non Trekkers:

V'Ger was the machine/planet featured in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

It was one of the Voyager probes that had drifted into some unknown realm of space and basically (more to it) evolved into a lifeform. The letters had been covered by years of travel and such, so only V GER was left.

Some later novels took the concept that V Ger was a result of meeting up with the Borg. Of course that's not going to help much now is it? :)

In space, no one can hear me screaming right now

I look forward to his insight every tuesday. very good writer

Back