A Christmas Carol

AllWorldTE

Reaction score
I saw that "A Christmas Carol" was on the Hallmark Channel while I was scrolling for something to watch. I said to myself, is it George C. Scott? Captain Picard? Maybe even Alistair Sim himself. No. It turned out to be none other than Frazier Crane and George Constanza! That I did not expect.

I saw the new one in 3D last weekend. Different. Then I saw part of that one last night.

I love the story but Frazier?

How was the 3d version? Worth the $ or should I just pop in the Alistair Sim (or Mr. Magoo) version when I'm ready?

I love the story but Frazier?

How was the 3d version? Worth the $ or should I just pop in the Alistair Sim (or Mr. Magoo) version when I'm ready?

Mr. Magoo?:p

I thought it was worth it. I went to a matinee when it was cheaper. I loved the effects. Be warned though they tackle the story from a totally different angle.

Frazier was an odd choice.

Night Befo’ Crizzmus

Wus da night afo' Crizzmus, and all thru da hood,
everybody be sleepin', and da sleepin' be good.
We hunged up our stockins, an’ hoped like all heck,
dat dear Ol' Obama's gunna brang us our checks.

All of da family was ly'in down der on the flo’,
my sister wif her gurlfriend, and my brother wif some ho.
Dem ashtrays was all full , empty beer cans and all
when I heared such a fuss, I thunk...."****, it must be da law".

I pulled the sheet off da winder, and what I'ze could see,
I was ‘spectin' the sheriff wif a warrant fo' me.
But what did I see made me say, "Laaawd, look at dat.”
Dere was a huge watermelon pulled by eight big-ass rats.

Now over all of da years Santy Claws, he be white,
but it looks like us brothas got a black ‘un tonight.
Faster than a po-lees car my homeboy he came,
and whupped up on dem rats as he called dem by name.

On Biden, on Jessie, Polosi, and Hillary, you,

On Fannie, on Freddi, on Ayers, and Slick Willy, too.
Obama landed dat melon right there in da street,
I knowed it fo' sho' - can you believe that Sh'eet!.

“Ol’ Santy didn't need no chimney;

he picked da lock on my doe,
an’ I sez to myself, "Son o' bitch...he done did dis befoe"!
He had a big bag full of presents

at first I suspeck.
Wif "Air Jordans" and fake gold

to wear roun’ my neck.

But he left me no presents, just started stealin’ my shit.
He got my guns and my crack and my new burgler’s kit.
Den wif my crap in his bag, out da winder he flew,
I sho' woulda shanked him, be he snagged my knife, too.

He jumped back on dat melon wifout even a hitch,
and waz gone in two seconds "Democrat son of a bitch".
So nex’ year I be hopin' a white Santy we git,
'cause a black Santy Claws just ain't worf a shit!!!!

I think my all time favorite has to be the 1951 version of Scrooge with Alistair.

Sims voiced an animated version in the early 70’s that I enjoyed. During the holidays I prefer the nostalgic cartoons, I might have to pass on the new 3d one (although my son has made the Polar Express a staple this time of year).

I think my all time favorite has to be the 1951 version of Scrooge with Alistair.

Sims voiced an animated version in the early 70’s that I enjoyed. During the holidays I prefer the nostalgic cartoons, I might have to pass on the new 3d one (although my son has made the Polar Express a staple this time of year).

The Sim version is also my favorite. No one else has matched his post-conversion glee. I saw the animated one he did in the 70s years ago but haven't seen it anywhere since. I remember that it was well done.

There's an interesting blooper in the 1951 Sim version when he is talking to the Ms. Dilber. He checks himself in the mirror and then you can see the reflection of a guy off stage clearly in the mirror. The guy looks like he is reading the paper or something during the shoot.

EDIT: It's hard to see here but the blooper shows up at 3:10 in this video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayW4c9aZXyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayW4c9aZXyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Haha.. the guy looks like he's reading the paper on the crapper.

Just hearing the audio in that makes me want to watch an old movie. I think I'll go seek out a Sherlock Holmes movie on Netflix.

Scrooged is the best Christmas Carol.

Going to see the Disney one at IMAX in 3D next week, can't wait

A Christmas Farce?

I've always liked the music of the Magoo version.

Thus far, the adds for the 3D Disney version have turned me off. They emphasize the special effects and the trademarked Jim Carrey farce flavor rather than staying true to Dickens.

I've always liked the music of the Magoo version.

Thus far, the adds for the 3D Disney version have turned me off. They emphasize the special effects and the trademarked Jim Carrey farce flavor rather than staying true to Dickens.

The Jim Carrey factor (the yelling, weird noises, overkill and such) would kill it for me too. Not sure how much of that shows up. Maybe BL12 can give us more info.

BradyLady could answer better but I don't think he's the trademark Carrey in the movie. That's not the impression I got anyway

Haha.. the guy looks like he's reading the paper on the crapper.

Just hearing the audio in that makes me want to watch an old movie. I think I'll go seek out a Sherlock Holmes movie on Netflix.

A little Basile Rathbone huh? Sweet.

BradyLady could answer better but I don't think he's the trademark Carrey in the movie. That's not the impression I got anyway

Thank god for that. I'd like to give it a chance.

The Jim Carrey factor (the yelling, weird noises, overkill and such) would kill it for me too. Not sure how much of that shows up. Maybe BL12 can give us more info.

He doesn't act like the trademarked Jim Carrey at all. I had a hard time believin' it was him. Including his voice. The comedian we know is pretty buried. But I did recognize Colin Firth just not right away. The actors act out parts of the film but are then turned into 3D animations. Carrey is beyond recognition as a funny slapstick guy and is just a mean ole Scrooge. You can however, see his funny body antics when he flies down rooftops and flying through the skies.( Don't want to give too much away.) But his body isn't Jim's at all either. It's a 3D animation. The ghost is awesome though. Very different. I went cause my kid likes to create characters for game art and that 3D stuff is the rage.

Back