Bell signed with Chiefs

HomelessJoe

Unknown User
Reaction score
Guess we aren't getting him.

link

KANSAS CITY AGREES TO TERMS WITH UFA LB KENDRELL BELL
Mar 08, 2005, 1:26:21 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club has agreed to terms of a seven-year contract with unrestricted free agent LB Kendrell Bell. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

“I’m pleased to conclude this negotiation with (Bell’s representative) Todd France,” Peterson commented. “I enjoyed it because we both wanted to get a deal done and I think that this is a very good contract for both parties. We’re pleased to acquire Kendrell’s services and we think he will make an impact for the Chiefs in 2005 and beyond. He’s a quality football player, as well as a quality person.”

“Kendrell is very excited about joining the Chiefs and believes he can make a huge impactbell in on the defense,” France stated. “I can tell you that the entire process, working with Carl and (Executive Vice President/Assistant GM) Denny (Thum) was a great experience. The Chiefs are a first-class organization.”

Bell (6-1, 257) has played in 47 regular season games (44 starts), recording 255 tackles (206 solo) and 18.0 sacks (-145.0 yards). He also owns one interception (61 yards), a fumble recovery, three forced fumbles and five passes defensed. The University of Georgia product has also seen duty in four career postseason contests (three starts), owning 25 tackles (20 solo) and a sack (-1.0 yard).

The 2001 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, Bell originally entered the NFL as a second-round selection (39th overall) of Pittsburgh. He earned a Pro Bowl invitation in his inaugural pro campaign with the Steelers after producing 88 tackles (74 solo), 9.0 sacks (-84.0 yards) and a pair of forced fumbles. He was also a second-team All-Pro selection by the Associated Press in 2001 and was named the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Month in both October and November of that year.

The Augusta, Georgia native enjoyed his best all-around pro season in 2003. That year he was named an alternate to the Pro Bowl after racking up 108 tackles (88 solo) to rank second on the squad. He also accumulated 5.0 sacks (-36.0 yards), an interception, three passes defensed and a forced fumble.

Bell posted 153 tackles (95 solo), 7.0 sacks, five forced fumbles and 14 QB pressures during his collegiate tenure at Georgia. As a senior in 2000, he was a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection when he started the final 10 contests of the year at middle linebacker, ranking second on the team with 92 tackles (53 solos). He also added 2.0 sacks, two fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles, an interception, three passes defensed and two QB pressures.

Bell joined the Bulldogs following a two-year stay at Middle Georgia Junior College where he registered 132 tackles and 6.0 sacks as a sophomore after rushing for 689 yards as a fullback during his freshman campaign. An all-state selection in football as a senior at Laney High School in Augusta, Georgia, he also lettered in basketball and track during his prep career.

ENFORCER said:
Maybe this means the Chiefs wont match the offer from Fujiti. Id take that dude in the Pats anyday.

Who's this Fujiti? I've never head of him... Could someone fill me in? (He MUST be good if Enforcer is giving him his personal blessing ;) )

On a side note.. Fujiti is a great name for a professional wrestler of Japanese descent. He could team up with Tajiri (Current Asian WWF wrestler) and they could wrestle as the "Rising Sons" and their gimick would be that they are the illegitimate sons of former WWF managerial great "Mr. Fuji". (And get it? Japan, I think, is known as the land of the rising sun! :D) Heck, they could even drag Mr. Fuji out of retirement and use him as their manager if he isn't dead...

FUJITA.

It will take a 5th-round pick to pry him from the Chiefs. I don't think that's gonna happen and here's why:

The Pats swapped 5th-round picks with the Cards as part of the Starks trade. They now have the 8th pick in the 5th round. Now, why would the Pats require a trade of 5th-round picks as compensation if they were planning on sending it over to the Chiefs for Fujita? Since any old 5th-round pick would be adequate compensation for Fujita, wouldn't making a move for him render the Starks pick swap completely pointless?

Back