Borges caught with his pants down

dropKickMurphy

Reaction score
From today's Globe:

FOR THE RECORD: Correction:
Because of a reporting error, it was misstated in Sunday's editions that the Bengals would receive a first-round draft choice if the Bills signed linebacker Takeo Spikes. He was the Bengals' transition player, so no compensation was due.

What Borges reported was:

....Cincinnati will get the No. 1 choice Buffalo got from Atlanta, but the Bills feel that no one they'd be drafting would be superior to Spikes

Obviously, "the Bills" were aware of the fact that they would not be giving up the pick. So, what does that make Borges?
This guy's credibility has been going steadily down the toilet ever since the Brady/Bledsoe debate started. It will be interesting to watch him attempt to spin his way out of this one.
I, for one, won't be shedding any tears if he goes down in flames.

dropKickMurphy said:
From today's Globe:

FOR THE RECORD: Correction:
Because of a reporting error, it was misstated in Sunday's editions that the Bengals would receive a first-round draft choice if the Bills signed linebacker Takeo Spikes. He was the Bengals' transition player, so no compensation was due.

What Borges reported was:

....Cincinnati will get the No. 1 choice Buffalo got from Atlanta, but the Bills feel that no one they'd be drafting would be superior to Spikes

Obviously, "the Bills" were aware of the fact that they would not be giving up the pick. So, what does that make Borges?
This guy's credibility has been going steadily down the toilet ever since the Brady/Bledsoe debate started. It will be interesting to watch him attempt to spin his way out of this one.
I, for one, won't be shedding any tears if he goes down in flames.

I hear ya DKM. Borges is a total goof and one of the premier "what have you done for me lately" reporters. I can't stand that guy! I just looked at the front page of the Globe's sports section from the day after the SB and there's Borges' wonderful article about the Pats being "better than the best". It makes me want to wring his neck.

Back