Boston Patriots 1966 Highlight film

Thanks so much for posting this - I watched the video in its entirety - just wonderful. I was a teenager back in '66 and my brothers and I watched just about every Pats game on our B&W TV. What good football and entertainment they were. The names are just a trip down memory lane- Babe Parilli was a fine, fine QB, and Jim Nance - what a joy it was to watch him plow people over...! He was the Earl Campbell of his day- and MVP of the AFL that year if I remember correctly. And of course, Geno was such a great receiver and great kicker- I don't believe the league has seen someone like him since. Can't forget Art Graham and Jim Whalen- damn solid players. One more that I recalled right away - Larry Garron- a big threat running and receiving. And that defense...! Larry Eisenhauer, Bob Dee, Earthquake Hunt - and..... Houston Antwine - all up front...! In the middle- Nick Buoniconti....! Wow. What a crime it was to see him traded away a few years later. And those DB's were solid too. One fine team. I remember hating to see that season end as the team was so upcoming, solid, and entertaining. Loved em...! Thanks again. :):):)

Thanks so much for posting this - I watched the video in its entirety - just wonderful. I was a teenager back in '66 and my brothers and I watched just about every Pats game on our B&W TV. What good football and entertainment they were. The names are just a trip down memory lane- Babe Parilli was a fine, fine QB, and Jim Nance - what a joy it was to watch him plow people over...! He was the Earl Campbell of his day- and MVP of the AFL that year if I remember correctly. And of course, Geno was such a great receiver and great kicker- I don't believe the league has seen someone like him since. Can't forget Art Graham and Jim Whalen- damn solid players. One more that I recalled right away - Larry Garron- a big threat running and receiving. And that defense...! Larry Eisenhauer, Bob Dee, Earthquake Hunt - and..... Houston Antwine - all up front...! In the middle- Nick Buoniconti....! Wow. What a crime it was to see him traded away a few years later. And those DB's were solid too. One fine team. I remember hating to see that season end as the team was so upcoming, solid, and entertaining. Loved em...! Thanks again. :):):)
This VHS video was given to me by RB Jim Nan ce. I had the honor of meeting him in 1987. He had asked me to take photos of him with his NCAA wrestling trophies he got while at Syracuse. NCAA Heavyweight Champion as a Soph and Senior. Everyone loved Jimbo.

Last edited:
Deep in the lore of the Patriots, proceeded and followed by bad times. 1966 was almost a Super Bowl I appearance by our Patriots, to face the GB Packers. And always Babe and Gino giving their all.

I saw the Boston Patriots play at Harvard Stadium, but missed them playing at Fenway Park.

I see you guys are now into the memories stage of life.

Back