Bye Week Football Thread

Baltimore can't get it in and turns it over on downs after Flacco gets sacked for about a 14 yard loss on 4th and goal.

Baltimore can't get it in and turns it over on downs after Flacco gets sacked for about a 14 yard loss on 4th and goal.

And Haloti Ngata is shaken up on the play, after being brought in on offense. Back in the game - doubt we'll see him on offense again.

Lawrence Maroney runs for no gain - same old LoMo.

I was talking about the Indy run defense getting gashed. :huh:

Oops, my bad. Make that "ya think Charlie Weis knows a thing or two about how to beat Indy". Though in my defense, I wasn't aware Indy had a run defense. :insane:

Buffalo leads Jax 10-3, and the Lions lead the Rams 3-0. Wins by those 2 teams might realistically give us a decent chance of getting the #33 pick from Carolina.

Giants stomping Texans 14-0 so far. I picked the Giants to win the NFCE at the beginning of the year, and I still think they could do so, despite their early struggles. Tom Coughlin is a good coach, and the Giants know how to build a team.

Oops, my bad. Make that "ya think Charlie Weis knows a thing or two about how to beat Indy". Though in my defense, I wasn't aware Indy had a run defense. :insane:

Buffalo leads Jax 10-3, and the Lions lead the Rams 3-0. Wins by those 2 teams might realistically give us a decent chance of getting the #33 pick from Carolina.

Particularly when Carolina is doing their part by losing 17-3 to a beatable Bears team.

Also wins by winless teams move Oakland's pick higher too.

Lot of injuries today. Mark Clayton out for St. Louis with what looks like a knee injury. Jermichael Finley - one of my favorite non-Pats players on offense - out for Green Bay with what looks like a knee injury. Scares in Baltimore for both Haloti Ngata and Demaryius Thomas.

A week with no injuries for the Pats is a good thing.

Particularly when Carolina is doing their part by losing 17-3 to a beatable Bears team.

Also wins by winless teams move Oakland's pick higher too.

San Diego should stomp the Raiders.

Buffalo up 13-3. Detroit up 10-3. Cleveland up on Atlanta (though I doubt that one will last). Carolina getting killed. Good stuff.

Ravens up 17-0 on Denver. Hope they come into Foxboro as the favorites. I like the Pats being the underdog at home.

Packers got hit the injury bug huh?

Not sure how serious it is. I love Finley. Dream about what might have been if the Pats had taken him in 2008. Good kid - hope it's not too bad.

I wonder if Mark Clayton's injury will cause St. Louis to put in a waiver claim on Devin Thomas?

Jabar Gaffney is a damn solid receptor. Lettiing him go was a mistake.

Baltimore leads Denver 17-0. This is good, it improves Denver's pick for us and brings in the Ravens less desperate; as they would be if they lost.

Baltimore's secondary looks pretty solid. I'm glad we don't have the temptation to just force the ball deep to Moss to take advantage of their supposedly "weak" secondary.

Demaryius Thomas out for the game with head/neck injury. Ouch.

Possibly could have been tied at 6-6.. just saying. I hate it when points are chased early.

The defense will make Manning's had assplode before the season ends. They don't get into range without Hayden's bonehead penalty.

Denver is self-destructing with penalties, especially on the OL. I'm sure that will be a focus for the Pats this week.

Back