Christian McCaffrey

To all of those who are fine with this (IOW, everyone but me):
how do you feel about a guy dogging it while he's in a contract year so he won't get hurt and preserve himself for FA? Is this just a matter of professional vs. soon to be pro to you? Or something else?
Generally I see players playing hard in a contract year. It is the year after the c ontract that I don't like players dogging it, for the same reason you don't like McCaffrey and Fournette: they are letting the team down.

What I don't care about is if a player doesn't want to play in preseason. I know it is still a team, but I don't see dogging it in the preseason to avoid injury in the same light of a real game.

I guess that also sums up my feeling about bowl games, which I see as exhibition games. If a player refused to play a game during the season I'd feel differently, but still not nearly as much as a pro player. For me the difference is MONEY. A pro player has a contract and a job. A college kid is playing a game with friends. Pay the college kid like the pros and I will re-think my position.

This really isn't an issue for logical arguments. It really is a reflection of how we all feel in sum of a lot of things. I don't see an absolute right or wrong, but I understand how you feel and how I feel. We both just bring different things to the table, like the first pick in the draft and Mr. Irrelevant.

Back