Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused with the response form the officials…maybe they thought it wasn't a big deal? Very fishy.

In other case, they pitched a shut out in the 2nd half when they didn't play with deflated balls. They dominated the Colts. Why they needed to manipulate the game balls is totally beyond me. Just annoyed right now.

The witch hunt continues. I saw this coming a mile away. I smell set up... What if the man who checks the balls PSI is secretly on irsay payroll... Call me crazy, but I smell BS...

Yep.

If Eli can feel the difference in grit on a football, and defensive player can tell the ball is deflated when he rarely gets to touch them, on an interception, you would have to think our players knew as well. And maybe so did the refs. And they did check it at half time.

At least if this is true, the 2nd half kind of helps us save a little bit of face.

Save face....ugh. man just fvcking shocked at all this. But hey you were right...not that you wanted to be, but you looks like you were none the less.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys, my thing is. If its not a miss on the officials part and god knows I hope it is, and it's not a set up, then what? I just don't get it. Ugh nothing we can do but wait on more information. I will say instead of being excited about the SB I have a pit in my stomach.
Posted via Mobile Device

The witch hunt continues. I saw this coming a mile away. I smell set up... What if the man who checks the balls PSI is secretly on Polians payroll... Call me crazy, but I smell BS...

Just doesn't make sense. They played better in the 2nd half when the balls were normal. Doesn't add up.

In any case, I'm embracing the hate. We're still in the Super Bowl and the last thing Seattle wants is to face a pissed off Patriots team.

Yep.

If Eli can feel the difference in grit on a football, and defensive player can tell the ball is deflated when he rarely gets to touch them, on an interception, you would have to think our players knew as well. And maybe so did the refs. And they did check it at half time.

At least if this is true, the 2nd half kind of helps us save a little bit of face.

That really begs the question as to how/why the refs didn't know right from the get go

The witch hunt continues. I saw this coming a mile away. I smell set up... What if the man who checks the balls PSI is secretly on Polians payroll... Call me crazy, but I smell BS...

Polian? Irsay fired his ass. :celebrate:

Save face....ugh. man just fvcking shocked at all this. But hey you were right...not that you wanted to be, but you looks like you were none the less.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't really make up my mind about us being guilty, just capable, and trust me it's not something I wanted to hear either and was still holding out hope for this to be false. It just seemed that if we were innocent, it would be easy to prove in a couple of hours. The fact it took so long, it means there were some formalities, meeting, etc, talking about how they would handle this.

I just hope there isn't a direct link, but this isn't a court of law, so if the NFL believes the players knew, that our coaches knew, and that we were responsible, there isn't much they need to provide as far as proof of evidence goes. It's going to be pretty much up to Goodell's judgement.

This is going turn into the new spygate. It's already starting to spiral out of control.

It all comes down to if the balls were underinflated before or after their inspection.

If it was beforehand, we're in the clear. If they were altered afterward... good grief. I have no idea how to interpret Volin's tweet. Did they fail to properly inspect the balls prior to the game and realized they were underinflated at half, during their first true inspection. Or did they inspect the balls properly before the game, see they met regulations, and then realize they had dropped significantly by the half? If it's the latter, we're royally ****ed and I'll be incredibly disappointed and sad. I'd imagine it won't be that difficult to determine -- just ask the officiating crew.

This is a shitstorm we didn't need.

It all comes down to if the balls were underinflated before or after their inspection.

If it was beforehand, we're in the clear. If they were altered afterward... good grief. I have no idea how to interpret Volin's tweet. Did they fail to properly inspect the balls prior to the game and realized they were underinflated at half, during their first true inspection. Or did they inspect the balls properly before the game, see they met regulations, and then realize they had dropped significantly by the half? If it's the latter, we're royally ****ed and I'll be incredibly disappointed and sad. I'd imagine it won't be that difficult to determine -- just ask the officiating crew.

This is a shitstorm we didn't need.

This SUCKS for Seattle. I'm just imagining how pissed off this team will be in Glendale.

How could the refs not tell the difference between a fully inflated ball & 2 Psi under inflated ball.

Isn't a ball legal at 11.5 psi? So half a pound off, some kind of faulty equipment? They don't have to be at 13.

Guys, my thing is. If its not a miss on the officials part and god knows I hope it is, and it's not a set up, then what? I just don't get it. Ugh nothing we can do but wait on more information. I will say instead of being excited about the SB I have a pit in my stomach.
Posted via Mobile Device

Per a Ben Volin tweet, this was discovered at half time.

So the balls must have been correctly inflated for the 2nd half when the Pats really rolled. :) Anyway, there are still lots of questions to be answered about what happened, if that helps. :shrug:

Isn't a ball legal at 11.5 psi? So half a pound off, some kind of faulty equipment? They don't have to be at 13.

12.5-13.5 is legal.

Based on this they were 1.5 under the legal limit.

Who's in charge of inflating the footballs? They're inspected after the time each team is given to doctor the balls. They had to have been approved for the game, especially for a game of this magnitude. Still too many unanswered questions right now.

Our deflated balls doesn't explain why the Colts could only score 7. Theirs were fine.

This SUCKS for Seattle. I'm just imagining how pissed off this team will be in Glendale.

Like they were pissed off after "WalkThroughGate" in 2007? If they need this to get primed for the super bowl, especially if it's proven they were duplicitous, then this team has other problems.

This sucks for the Patriots and their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back