Do you feel good about the Eagles game win?

do you?

• Yes

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • GFY

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters

Alcoholic9*

Reaction score
It almost feels like what it probably should've been, a loss to me.

This team was showing absolute dominance and they damn near got upset yesterday. Imagine if they do that against the Colts, Cowboys, or Packers in the playoffs.....

Before today I knew this year was the Pats....

now?

Coaching coaching coaching. ... it sucked ass and they put the team in a good position to give a game away. Every once in awhile our coaching staff lays an egg. Maybe there's some hidden genius like reason for last night horrible play calling and coaching :shrug: but u have give philly credit, they played awesome last nite.

Maybe this near loss is what the Patriots need to not overlook opponents in the future. Here's to this game on building to January.

I need the horrible play calling/coaching explained please.
The dropped passes in the third quarter, do they teach that in practice?
Do they teach the duck-hook field goal during the week?

Why cant an excellent coach and and equally excellent defensive coordinator get credit?

You didnt think Reid and Johnson would have that team ready considering they were 24 point dogs? I would like nothing better than a blow-out week in and week out but as Bruschi said, THIS is the time of year when the tough get going, the Eagles have always been tough late in the season.

This was really looking like the game the Patriots would lose and didnt, that should say something.

The patriots played shocking football on D..they deserved to lose to the eagles last night,there are too many slow ass players on that D,Bruschi needs to retire right now,he simply isn't bringing anything to the table..speed kills on D,that why the colts are so good,they have guys who motor around the ball at speed,the pats look slow and clueless

Relax, relax, relax.

This is the NFL, tight games happen. Good teams win tight games.
Look at the bright side, BB will have the whip out this week and that usually turns out badly for whomever we play next.

so the Patriots didn't look all that impressive to some last night but what is important is your team won. At least your team didn't get beat by the Bungles lol :(

Good luck the rest of the way.

babalu87* on 11-26-2007 at 07:24 AM said:
I need the horrible play calling/coaching explained please.
The dropped passes in the third quarter, do they teach that in practice?
Do they teach the duck-hook field goal during the week?

Why cant an excellent coach and and equally excellent defensive coordinator get credit?

You didnt think Reid and Johnson would have that team ready considering they were 24 point dogs? I would like nothing better than a blow-out week in and week out but as Bruschi said, THIS is the time of year when the tough get going, the Eagles have always been tough late in the season.

This was really looking like the game the Patriots would lose and didnt, that should say something.

Ya. I'll explain it.

1 called rushing play throughout the entire 1st half. That dictates everything. One dimensional. Predictability. Sending wideouts to the slaughter house. Maybe those drops were coming from the pounding they were taking. It's unfortunately human nature, when u are getting your ass beat everytime you catch the ball, eventually it's gonna have an effect on you, and a lot of players will be looking for the hit before the ball is in their hands. You see it happen often when a defense plays as physical against recievers as Philly did against ours last nite. The missed FG? That's not a point. He's been great all season. He's not gonna nail them all.

I also gave credit in this thread and a few others to philly. And I'll say it again. They outcoached us, played more physical than us and out played us, imo. Ya, a game looking we should have lost but won does say something. But it still doesn't change the fact that NE's play calling sucked ass.

1 rushing play in the entire first half ... Belichick is the best coach imo, in the history of the game, but he and his staff sucked ass last nite. I'm not saying he did last week or will next week. Just last night's game.

VYF on 11-26-2007 at 07:39 AM said:
so the Patriots didn't look all that impressive to some last night but what is important is your team won. At least your team didn't get beat by the Bungles lol :(

Good luck the rest of the way.

lol. Ty and U2. Damn that avatar is HOT!!

:thumb:

I think it's the beginning of the end. Horrible playcalling? what game were you guys watching. The defense made A.J. Feeley look like a superstar.

This reminds me a lot of watching the defense get run over in 2002, athough at that time it was the run defense that sucked, now they can't seem to stop a passing attack.

How is it that Ellis Hobbs is so awful?

Do we still think Richard Seymour is all that great?

What the hell is wrong with this team?

NationalD on 11-26-2007 at 07:45 AM said:
Ya. I'll explain it.

1 called rushing play throughout the entire 1st half. That dictates everything. One dimensional. Predictability. Sending wideouts to the slaughter house. Maybe those drops were coming from the pounding they were taking. It's unfortunately human nature, when u are getting your ass beat everytime you catch the ball, eventually it's gonna have an effect on you, and a lot of players will be looking for the hit before the ball is in their hands. You see it happen often when a defense plays as physical against recievers as Philly did against ours last nite. The missed FG? That's not a point. He's been great all season. He's not gonna nail them all.

I also gave credit in this thread and a few others to philly. And I'll say it again. They outcoached us, played more physical than us and out played us, imo. Ya, a game looking we should have lost but won does say something. But it still doesn't change the fact that NE's play calling sucked ass.

1 rushing play in the entire first half ... Belichick is the best coach imo, in the history of the game, but he and his staff sucked ass last nite. I'm not saying he did last week or will next week. Just last night's game.

what exactly does calling one rushing play in the first half have to with A.J. Feeley putting up those huge numbers (97 for 103, 7 TDs, 11 million yards passing)?

We are supposed to play ball control to keep A.J. Feeley off the field?

thomas144 on 11-26-2007 at 08:14 AM said:
I think it's the beginning of the end. Horrible playcalling? what game were you guys watching. The defense made A.J. Feeley look like a superstar.

Can't our horrible coaches and horrible defense co-exist? Must we only blame one component of this god awful excuse of a football team?

:Bruins: :Bruins: :Bruins:

Philly should have won. They outplayed the Pats and the Pats got lucky. Maybe this will squash all the nonsense about how this team is crushing people and they can focus on practicing well and executing a game plan. That game was a cold slap of reality.

thomas144 on 11-26-2007 at 08:16 AM said:
what exactly does calling one rushing play in the first half have to with A.J. Feeley putting up those huge numbers (97 for 103, 7 TDs, 11 million yards passing)?

We are supposed to play ball control to keep A.J. Feeley off the field?

Why not? He and his offense outscored ours. :rolleyes:

Considering this was a game the Pats should have lost because of their play and gameplan (who'da thunk), getting the W is quite an accomplishment.

Hopefully they'll take this and do something useful with it, like call a running play every now and again.

Any word on Hobbs and/or Harrison.

SamBam39* on 11-26-2007 at 01:27 PM said:
Philly should have won. They outplayed the Pats and the Pats got lucky. Maybe this will squash all the nonsense about how this team is crushing people and they can focus on practicing well and executing a game plan. That game was a cold slap of reality.

I agree 100%...the way Feeley was just making plays on our secondry with total ease was shocking,they got one sack from Colvin but,appart from that,he was easy in the pocket all night..very dissapointing night,the eagles showed the rest what needs to be done to beat the pats..

I'll call it a 'sobering victory'.

I wasn't drinking last night (down with the cold/flu thing here), so that might be why I'm calling it that.

Brownfan80 on 11-26-2007 at 08:34 AM said:
I'll call it a 'sobering victory'.

I wasn't drinking last night (down with the cold/flu thing here), so that might be why I'm calling it that.

Nah. That seems to be apropriate to me. And get well soon!

NationalD on 11-26-2007 at 08:43 AM said:
Nah. That seems to be apropriate to me. And get well soon!

Thanks!

They make Halls that taste like Ginger Ale now! Cool!

Annihilus* on 11-26-2007 at 08:31 AM said:

Any word on Hobbs and/or Harrison.

Have heard nothing, and Colvin got hurt last night too. Foot injury.

Back