Emmitt Smith to announce retirement

PA_PATS_FAN54*

Reaction score
Website
www.a2zpa.com
live on NFL network right now.He is signing a one day contract to retire as a Cowboy. Jerry Jones sitting to his left.
Emmitt thanked every player he ever played with.

Now Jones is rambling on and on and on ...other than that Emmitt is going out in style.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
live on NFL network right now.He is signing a one day contract to retire as a Cowboy. Jerry Jones sitting to his left.
Emmitt thanked every player he ever played with.

Has another player signed a one day contract with a team only to retire like this before? It's odd, but better than retiring as a Cardinal, I guess.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
He is signing a one day contract to retire as a Cowboy. Jerry Jones sitting to his left.

:eek:

I must say, I'm a little surprised by this.

Not the retirement, but the Cowboy angle of it.

I mean, I know players in the past have done that (Didn't Cris Carter do that?), it just seems odd to me. Who cares what team you're with when you retire???? :confused: You're retiring from FB not a particular team.

So is Rice going to go back and sign a 1 day contract with the Niners??? Should Montana have done that? should Archie have gone back to NO? Will Bledslow come back to NE as a backup, just so he can retire a Patriot???

I just think its a little ridiculous. Just friggin retire already. :shake:

Re: Re: Emmitt Smith to announce retirement

mgoblue101415 said:
:eek:

I must say, I'm a little surprised by this.

Not the retirement, but the Cowboy angle of it.

I mean, I know players in the past have done that (Didn't Cris Carter do that?), it just seems odd to me. Who cares what team you're with when you retire???? :confused: You're retiring from FB not a particular team.

So is Rice going to go back and sign a 1 day contract with the Niners??? Should Montana have done that? should Archie have gone back to NO? Will Bledslow come back to NE as a backup, just so he can retire a Patriot???

I just think its a little ridiculous. Just friggin retire already. :shake:

It is still going on too..... talk about a media frenzy announce you are retiring in Jacksonville days before the superbowl.

As far as the Dallas angle he said that one day contract will take a month or so to iron out but I'm retiring today ask a Cowboy.

sounds F-ed up to me.

I saw the whole press conference.....it was just beautiful. Emmitt Smith was just excellent, and he showed alot of emotion. I always thought he was the heart and soul of those fine Cowboy teams, a real leader. Thanks for the memories, Emmitt Smith.

Back