FBGP's 2015 Inside the War Room - Patriots

Hi Em!

Some SB win, eh? It was deja vu when Kearse made that lucky catch, "Here we go again!" but fortunately Malcolm Butler paid attention in practice and executed brilliantly.

To me, the Pats biggest needs are interior OL, CB, ILB, WR and DT. You're obviously happier with our CBs than I am. As for the SS position, you could be thinking just like BB. Chung was most often in the box with Revis and Browner in man coverage so since we're likely going back to the old zone ways, Chung may not have the juice.

All your picks make a lot of sense...problem is trying to guess what Belichick will do is a fool's game. We do it because it's fun but we know he'll always come up with someone we never heard of or he'll pick a Tavon Wilson 3-4 rnds too early.

If I'm picking, CB (Kevin Johnson, Byron Jones) is at 32, OG at 64, LB is filled in with a veteran cut-down? FA, a WR with a 3rd or the early 4th (any of Tre McBride, Kenny Bell, Nelson Agholor or Devin Smith would be perfect in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rnd or even Tyrell Williams/Gavin Lutman in the 7th-priority UDFA). I like Dez Lewis but he doesn't fulfill Belichick's athletic requirements (all those I mentioned do) and we need a strong, tough and physical guy to back LaFell. Dobson lacks physicality otherwise he'd be fine. Lewis just seems too much like Dobson. What do you think about current Alouettes WR Duron Carter? Wouldn't it just kill father Cris to see his son as a Patriot!

I like the thought of an H-back/move TE. Jalen Collins in the 7th would be great value although he's still a raw project to me...those who say he's a first round pick aren't watching enough tape on him imo. They certainly didn't watch Amari Cooper turn him inside out all day long and Cooper would have been a 3rd rnd pick in 2014 imo (Cooper's good but he's no Julio Jones). Your 4th round grade on Jalen Collins seems about right to me.

Tebucky Jones, Jr., eh? You do know BB doesn't have a sentimental bone in his body, right? LOL.

Great job, Captain. You did your homework and that's more than I can say about Rob Rang and Mel Kiper. Thanks for your effort.

Chev

Back