FWIW- Regarding our new DC

ladypatsfan

Reaction score
This was posted at KFFL.
pats31 said:
http://www.kffl.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2506902
That's cool. Things change. Hey guys, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm just trying to give you some info. I thought that was welcomed here. Let's just say I'm close with someone who works for the Jets and leave it at that so I don't get anyone into trouble. I am 100 percent sure Dean Pees is the new DC and by day's end it will be made public. Sorry for trying to get the word out but I can't under any circumstance say who my friend is or it could get that person into trouble. Trust me though, this info is rock solid. Like I said, let's wait and see. I don't think that's asking too much.

Take it for what it's worth guys. As far as I know, the guy is probably full of it. But it's information, and I'm just passing it along.

Thanks much for passing it along. That wouldn't be horrible. I was intrigued by the Jim Bates talk, but this wouldn't be bad. We'll just have to see how reliable his source is. :)

Undertaker #59 said:
Thanks much for passing it along. That wouldn't be horrible. I was intrigued by the Jim Bates talk, but this wouldn't be bad. We'll just have to see how reliable his source is. :)

He just replied to one of his doubters:
pats31 said:
I can only tell you guys what I was told. They know what is going on because the Pats are waiting for the Jets announcement so they can make their announcement regarding Pees. You got to love Belichick, don't you? The Jets name the Pats DC as their new head coach and he replaces him in 10 minutes. I love it. I mean, maybe it takes them an hour or two but from what I was told a couple of hours ago, the Patriots are going to make an official announcement regarding Pees today at some point.

I'd be happy if Pees gets the job. He was in consideration last year and has prior coordinator experience (college). Bates doesn't run the same D as BB, so there would have to be some adjustments on his part. I say keep it in house and keep doing what you're doing on D.

Back