Game thread

omg...the broncos won.....someone just shoot me now.....:banghead:

Re: Hey MG

Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 06:33 PM said:
My aren't we a condescending know it all today.

Where shall I start my rebuttal Buckwheat:

Pats had other options than Branch as FA sighning. Javon Walker Or Keyshawn would have done nicely. As I have stated on other threads....poor contigency planning resulted in our boys being caught by surprise when...heaven forbid... these guys, Law and Branch, decided cash was king.[

Hmm.. Sign one disgruntled WR to replace another that you thought was staying? Is that the logic that you are using? Keyshawn already stated that he wouldn't play for NE, now lets ignore his statement and friendship with BB and focus on his drops this season, on second thought why bother?

Branch was tampered with and I concede the Pats should have expected that.

Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 06:33 PM said:
Thank you for that clarification of Cap Accounting 101. The Pats are listed as the second highest grossing revenue team in the NFL. Top 3rd in salary dispersments don't cut it.

You are welcome! "Don't cut it"! Neither do the Tax payer's in MA who chose against building a revenue building stadium in South Boston and every other revision that Kraft presented to your state legislature, but that William Bulger is living good these days! Yup, the owner who put up more of his own money to keep the team that he owned and loved in the state in which it belonged is a cheap bastard that deserves to be chastised by people like you. Do you think of these points all on your own?

Originally posted by Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 06:33 PM What makes you think they will pony up that windfall of spare cash to pay Samuel next year. His offers will be through the roof compared to existing Pats Dback contracts. If they were to resign Graham (injuries and all) why did they waste two mid round draft picks on tight ends?/B]

You think that Samuels will get offers above what the Pats felt Milloy and Law would have been given or were worth?

If so, what has happened since, that makes you think they were wrong?

Originally posted by Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 06:33 PM On the field conditions.....You are correct to say that the swamp is as Coach Bill wants it. I would hope he can now see that it limits his offense to a one dimensional 2 tight end smashmouth approach which is easy to defend and puts tremendous pressure on Brady to convert 3rd and longs. Maroney can't cut on this field...hell Brady couldn't even plant. As far as the debate on whether you can sustain grass in this climate? Sorry Charlie...I am an agronimist with a degree from UMASS Stockbridge. I build golf courses...name another field in this region that supports rock concerts, European Lawn Diving (soccer), Movie shoots, and pro football. Both teams played on the same field alright...and it was the Pats who suffered the most./B]

Love the charlie joke, seriously that was funny. Now what is an agronimist? An Agronomist is a dude who study's crops. CT is a guy who specializes in grass and sell's supplies to the guys who maintain UConn's football field. Not sure how if/one trumps the other.

If they played on the same field then the field can't be blamed for a loss. Maybe my common sense doesn't equal your's, but it is what it is. Ask the 2004 Baltimore Ravens about our field, who by all accounts should have been helped by a muddy field.

Originally posted by Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 06:33 PM Oline success has been a combination of good talent evaluation and COACHING. Dante can make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. He is the best in league../B]

So your reasoning is to jump on the Pats for a couple of picks while conviently ignoring all of their sucesses?

I didn't hear any bitching about the names I mentioned?

Originally posted by Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 06:33 PM This orginization has spent the last year wallowing in it's press clippings. My predictions from earlier threads hold true.....They blew their chance to dominate this year over money they could have spent. They were arrogant in all negotiations and got burned. Their offense relies on Brady to perform weekly miracles while getting his brains beat in. Brady is hurt ....his throws are tentative and offline./B]

Ah, if they held true to their press clippings they would be 3-6. Congrats on being correct, I guess. Did you predict they would be 6-3? Did you predict that Willie would be injured and a non factor on the field for 4+ mil a year? Did you predict that Adam would be non clutch in Foxboro?

They blew the chance to be dominate this year to be a contender for years to come. Why is it that people are so short sighted? This team has never been built to dominate "this year", they have been built to consistently win and compete year after year. It amazes me that "football" fans, especially "Patriot" Fans don't see that!

Originally posted by Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 06:33 PM I would be more than happy to discuss/debate any subject in any forum anywhere with you.

Bring it on....;)

Why? So you can continue to shit on the team you love? And be wrong?:confused:

Cletusaurus on 11-12-2006 at 06:34 PM said:
mg... I do believe 3putt was referring to David Thomas and Garrett Mills, THIS year's drafted tight ends.

And Marquise Hill WAS on the field. In fact, I believe he had an offsides penalty called on him just so we knew that he actually got on the field.

Care to make yourself look like an ass again for wrongly jumping down someone's throat?

I'll give you the TE thing, I thought he was referring to Watson and Graham which is obvious by my post.

Obvously my sarcasm didn't catch your attention.

Sure!

I didn't wrongly jump down anyone's throat based on what he wrote and countered with. Unless you are in the "Pats are Cheap" idiot circle!

Why? So you can continue to shit on the team you love? And be wrong

Concession accepted.

It ain't about being cheap...it is about being arrogant and dumb.

I guess someone who confuses criticism with traitorous behavior would have a hard time distinguishing the two.

At least we share a love for the team.

This could have/should have been the year for four.

It may still be...but the road could have been made a lot smoother.

IMHO

Re: Why? So you can continue to shit on the team you love? And be wrong

Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 07:50 PM said:
Concession accepted.

I guess someone who confuses criticism with traitorous behavior would have a hard time distinguishing the two.

IMHO

It's not criticism that bothers me it is BS criticism based on half truth's.

Like the ones I pointed out that you chose to ignore.

Also the thought that this year is over is ignorant. Could have / SHould have is just an idiotic statement in week 9. Any long time football fan would know that!

Smoother?

What is the guarantee that any person we offer money to, will come here?

The Pats have proven to go after FA's that they truly like. Mason was one but his wife trumped the money. Sometimes we think that we know more than management, but the truth is we don't know who the Pats offered money to, or how much.

MG

If you wish to continue this stimulating dialogue please start a new thread and we can leave others to their beer.

UCONN field prep wow.

Try a google on Agronomy.

Krafty did stick his keister out there financing the Stadium. Ya think the investment pays off if and when the familiy decides to flip it?

PS Keyshawn loved BB. Never quoted as saying he would not come to PATS

Keyshawn Johnson 8 Games 37 receptions 479yds 12.9 AVE 2 TD

Javon Walker 8 Games 39 receptions 669yds 17.2 ave 5 TD

But it's okay cause we got Gaffney

I assume that from your reply you are not of this state. Good thing too....that Bulger talk would make Whitey sit up and take notice.

The press clipping argument lost me. Never did the local rags predict gloom this year. I never mentioned Willie or Adam in any statement. In this town they call that tactic the Dale Arnold Strawman.

Samuels will get an offer that will choke Pioli and Bill. Count on it. Law and Malloy each had diiferent situations. The former a talented corner who was very well paid by Pats turned mercenary to the extreme. The latter a player way past his prime. Samuel is neither....he is young and getting better comming off his rookie contract.

How good was the Oline today? Ask Brady if he can still sit up.

Pardon the typo on agonimist. Second sixpack kicking in.

Enough...on to DA BEARS

Re: Why? So you can continue to shit on the team you love? And be wrong

Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 07:50 PM said:
Concession accepted.

IMHO

well there is where you are wrong, any real fan knows that the road to the big dance is never smooth...:rolleyes:

Re: MG

Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 08:20 PM said:
If you wish to continue this stimulating dialogue please start a new thread and we can leave others to their beer.

UCONN field prep wow.

Try a google on Agronomy.

Krafty did stick his keister out there financing the Stadium. Ya think the investment pays off if and when the familiy decides to flip it?

PS Keyshawn loved BB. Never quoted as saying he would not come to PATS

Keyshawn Johnson 8 Games 37 receptions 479yds 12.9 AVE 2 TD

Javon Walker 8 Games 39 receptions 669yds 17.2 ave 5 TD

But it's okay cause we got Gaffney

I assume that from your reply you are not of this state. Good thing too....that Bulger talk would make Whitey sit up and take notice.

The press clipping argument lost me. Never did the local rags predict gloom this year. I never mentioned Willie or Adam in any statement. In this town they call that tactic the Dale Arnold Strawman.

Samuels will get an offer that will choke Pioli and Bill. Count on it. Law and Malloy each had diiferent situations. The former a talented corner who was very well paid by Pats turned mercenary to the extreme. The latter a player way past his prime. Samuel is neither....he is young and getting better comming off his rookie contract.

How good was the Oline today? Ask Brady if he can still sit up.

Pardon the typo on agonimist. Second sixpack kicking in.

Enough...on to DA BEARS

No need to start a thread.

Not a great resource as far as big time football, but the fact that UConn can have a good field through the fall is substantial given the proximity.

I know BB and Keyshawn are friends, that doesn't make them business partners.
Obviously you have not heard Keyshawn talk on Sirius. So I will overlook your statement. Unless you consider a quote such as " yeah, I could play with Brady if I wanted to catch passes for five bucks" a supporting statement to your argument.

Actually, I have never liked Gaffney.

Not of your state any longer and I won't get into politics but I think you got my point.

Nope they didn't predict doom and gloom because it would have been dumb founded. But they do criticize every tough choice the Pats make and celebrate every move the Sox make. You didn't mention Willie or Adam but you alluded to it. The strawman tactic has a new name to go with an old cliche'? Forgive me for not knowing that as I have stopped listening to WEEI or watching NHL hockey (since the 04 lockout)!

I am sure Samuels will get an offer that far exceeds his worth if he isn't locked up by FA. What concern's me is whether or not he will play to this level next year. Last year he dropped every INT gift wrapped to him until the playoffs. I would like to keep him but wouldn't be shocked if he left.

Given the adversity of the O-Line over the past couple of season's I don't think Brady would bitch.

You mean the Packer's? And yes I agree.

MG

I actually meant DA BEARS / GINTS Sunday night game. After a tough loss I need to observe my objects of wagering in action.

Anyone for a sure thing Monday Night Lock Make UP suggestion?

My card needs defibrulation. Doctor...DOCTOR MORE BEER!!!

Re: MG

Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 08:55 PM said:
I actually meant DA BEARS / GINTS Sunday night game. After a tough loss I need to observe my objects of wagering in action.

Anyone for a sure thing Monday Night Lock Make UP suggestion?

My card needs defibrulation. Doctor...DOCTOR MORE BEER!!!

I see, I lost my taste a few weeks ago when I was ahead a few bucks and lost it all on the Denver/Oakland and Chicago/Arizona games. After weeks of building up the war chest.

Them bastards.

Gambling is my only vice...

Except for my drinking....smoking....Girlie Thread.....Nevermind.:Eason:

OOPS....Did I mention hurling?

Re: Gambling is my only vice...

Mr3putt on 11-12-2006 at 09:11 PM said:
Except for my drinking....smoking....Girlie Thread.....Nevermind.:Eason:

OOPS....Did I mention hurling?

Hey some arguments can end in friendships.

I am with ya on everything except the smoking.

My vices? Women and beer!

Everyman has a weakness or two....or three. o:)

Live Long and Prosper MG

mgcolby on 11-12-2006 at 09:18 PM said:
Hey some arguments can end in friendships.

I am with ya on everything except the smoking.

My vices? Women and beer!

Everyman has a weakness or two....or three. o:)

May the power of Pat Patriot pulverize those stinkin cheeseheads.

Tomorrow is another day....unfortunately...It's Monday...Damn!

Back