Get Well Babalu FF League

Skellington

Reaction score
I've created a league using the same settings as last year's Planet league.

Right now it's set to an autopick draft because I don't have the time to participate in a draft. If the majority of people would like to have a live draft, I can see if I can change it and I'll just rate my players.

All are invited to join.

League name: Get Well Babalu!!!
Password: patriots

Link...http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=678059&password=patriots

Ok, so I know I'm probably jumping the gun here but I had a thought on the league:

Why not make this a money league and donate a percentage of the fees to Babalu/Babalu's family/TBD Charitable Entity for Babalu?

I feel that anyone interested in this concept is someone who feels strongly about Babalu's situation and would be trustworthy in relation to the cause here.

I have some initial thoughts and ideas but I'd like to see if there's some interest before I philibuster here. :)

Believe it or not, I've never played FF, so I don't know how to play or do anything. But I'd be more than happy to make a donation.

Unless someone wants to teach me.

Believe it or not, I've never played FF, so I don't know how to play or do anything. But I'd be more than happy to make a donation.

Unless someone wants to teach me.

I'd be happy to help.

Best way to learn is to dive in. I'm serious. You know football, Lis. It won't be completely foreign to you. All you're doing is running your own roster which is stripped down. You match up week-to-week against different teams and in the end, you have playoffs capped off by a SB.

I agree with FT. The first league I was ever in, I just dove in and got started. A lot of it is luck since an string of injuries and under or over performers could make or break a team in any given year.

I'd be glad to answer questions that you may have also.

Okay, so the first question is team name. What do I put? Just make up a name or what?

Okay, so the first question is team name. What do I put? Just make up a name or what?

ROFL - Some consider it the most important part.

My suggestion, infuse some pop culture and a football pun and you're golden.

My team names so far this year:

Everybody Pat Chung Tonight!

Cromarties' Kids

What's the League ID#? Trying to do this covertly from the office here. Sssshhhhhhh

Get Well Babalu!!!

I'm not sure about the number if you need that. The league password is patriots.

Get Well Babalu!!!

I'm not sure about the number if you need that. The league password is patriots.

Yeah, it's asking for the league number. It actually says:

"Enter League ID#, not name"

I just don't want to lose my spot here is all.

As for the idea to make this a charitable league, I've PM'd frankw to bounce the notion off of him.

Yeah, it's asking for the league number. It actually says:

"Enter League ID#, not name"

I just don't want to lose my spot here is all.

As for the idea to make this a charitable league, I've PM'd frankw to bounce the notion off of him.

Try 678059

Okay so now I'm at a window that has Division 1 (Tree Men Does and Wolf Pack) and Division 2 (Brown's BingoBlazers and something else) with no stats. What do you do now?

Okay so now I'm at a window that has Division 1 (Tree Men Does and Wolf Pack) and Division 2 (Brown's BingoBlazers and something else) with no stats. What do you do now?

Now because we're in a league with an Autopick draft, that means that each teams sets their player rankings for the draft.

There's nothing wrong with using the default Yahoo rankings although not everyone agrees on these. I will normally use the default unless I find a good reason not to.

Once we get enough teams, I (being the commisioner) will set the league to "ready to draft" and then the draft will happen automagically.

Once that happens, we'll each have our team full of players and will be able to make add/drop/trade transactions.

If you click on your team name, you'll be brought to your team page where there's a link to edit your pre-draft rankings. Again...this is totally up to you.

Who is "pmenrule2002" and is he/she open to the idea of this league possibly being a money league?

Okeedokie.

I'm already lost. ROFL

There really isn't much for you to do right now until the draft is finished.

I'd have the maximum number of teams set to 14 and I'd like to get at least 12. We've got a few weeks until the season starts so there's plenty of time for people to join.

Once the draft is done, you can add/drop or trade players and also set your starting lineup out of the players that you have. If you would like a hand with that, either I or FT would be glad to help. You're not going against either of us in the first week so we'd both be able to help you out.

Back